Trapper is still bad!! Suggestions & flaws!

These trap changes are absolutely impeccable, making it fairer for both the Trapper and the survivors! Very well thought out imo

BUT

Trapper can still step in his traps

Trapper bag/sack, STILL isn't base kit

Map size isn't considered in the amount of traps provided!

Most of his addons are more lackluster than challenge in Freddy gameplay (just a funny simile don't hate on me). This I'm particularly passionate about, most killers have addons that can change the way they play or add an element of suprise or guesswork to them, for example, fake pallets and the like! There are so many possibilities for Trapper, like trapping pallet/chest/generator interactions instead of/as well as bear traps!

Things like gen and chest traps could involve incredibly complex/difficult skillchecks, that end with a trapped hand or moving a healthy survivor into an injured state. Trapped pallets could be used, but have a fake animation where they are reeled back up after being quickly stopped on the way down, or immediately broken with some sort of mechanical animation. I understand this takes resources, but it's much more worthwhile than other stuff that is/can be done!

Trapper is the ONLY killer who can't control the knowledge of who he is and the only one that has to actively waste his own time to use his power!


Please devs, I'm begging you! As much as Evan isn't the worst, so much can/needs to be done with him! He has barely changed from game release, and the limits that were needed back then are no longer required and/or necessary and just give trappers an incredible handicap that forces them to either be gods, or outright bullied! He is much like Nurse in this scenario, with probably the second or third highest skill ceiling in the game, but with two "separate skill floors", easy against new players, hard against green ranks and above, at base level!

(FYI, I don't see myself as an exceptional Trapper, but I'm not bad either, for reference, I'm a fresh green rank killer who got their trapper adept against purple and red rank survivors!)

Comments

  • Trapper seems to be a killer that has to tunnel survivors to death.

    I just trapped a survivor and they escaped the trap in less than 2 seconds. Trapped and gone.

    When a survivor gets trapped when they're in injured state needs to put the survivor in dying state and not allow the survivor to escape and run off injured still.

  • @AnnoyedAtTheGame said:

    Trapper seems to be a killer that has to tunnel survivors to death.

    I just trapped a survivor and they escaped the trap in less than 2 seconds. Trapped and gone.

    When a survivor gets trapped when they're in injured state needs to put the survivor in dying state and not allow the survivor to escape and run off injured still.

    I agree, his ability might as well be tactical legion for all injured traps matter! Honing stone is good in this manner but I'd rather use that slot for something like a bag or iri stone!

  • Make brown bag basekit.

    Tar bottle / Wood ash are a gamble. If you get the wrong map they are completely useless and a wasted addon. Just make Trap colors adjust based on map automatically.

    Making Honing Stone basekit would be asking too much, but give SOME penalty to an injured survivor stepping in a trap. Make them hindered, or deep wounded or something.

  • @savevatznick said:

    Make brown bag basekit.

    Tar bottle / Wood ash are a gamble. If you get the wrong map they are completely useless and a wasted addon. Just make Trap colors adjust based on map automatically.

    Making Honing Stone basekit would be asking too much, but give SOME penalty to an injured survivor stepping in a trap. Make them hindered, or deep wounded or something.

    Not instant down from healthy as base kit, but injured to downed as basekit, acting as if it was an m1! This means that survivors outside of chase/tr with trapper have to be more careful if injured. This punishes bad survivor play and doesn't take honing stone's bonus of the instant down!

    Honing stone as basekit WOULD be too much!

    I agree brown or yellow bag should be basekit, frees up room for more addons of an interesting nature lol!

    Personally I think hindered would be the best effect! If you stepped in a bear trap in real life, i don't think you'd be walking/running at full speed, or at all for that matter, if you could even get out! Maybe only for like, four/five seconds