Killer Adepts easier now?

So with the rank reset putting players back to rank 20 every month (I know it’s not gonna affect matchmaking), does that mean the requeriments to double pip and get the adept as killer is finally gonna be easier? Pray the lord

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I doubt it. If it works the way it's "supposed" to (we saw how well that went with the first shot of MMR), you'll still be playing the same skill level as you, just the rank will mean nothing except what kind of "bonus check" you get each month.

  • It'll be easier, but not much easier if MMR system works as intended since the skill of the opponents you face will be the same for you regardless of your rank.

    Brown/Yellow requires 14 emblem score (so 2 iri, 2 gold)

    Green/Purple requires 15 emblem score (so 3 iri, 1 gold)

  • It would depend on whether it was a new killer to you.

    The rank reset change won't matter greatly to adepts because they'll count on your MMR score. What will help, is if for example you don't play much Oni but want his adept, but you're normally Rank 1 so you're playing against more experienced players, now under MMR you'll be playing against players on your skill level of that particular killer.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I doubt it. If it works the way it's "supposed" to (we saw how well that went with the first shot of MMR), you'll still be playing the same skill level as you, just the rank will mean nothing except what kind of "bonus check" you get each month.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but getting the double pip is what counts towards the adepts and the lower your rank is, the lower the threshold is for the double pip. So yes, unless the devs change it, it should be easier to get adepts in the sense that you don't need 4 iri emblems.

  • @Mandy said:

    It would depend on whether it was a new killer to you.

    The rank reset change won't matter greatly to adepts because they'll count on your MMR score. What will help, is if for example you don't play much Oni but want his adept, but you're normally Rank 1 so you're playing against more experienced players, now under MMR you'll be playing against players on your skill level of that particular killer.

    Well yes, but what I meant is that if nothing is changed to adepts, on rank 20 you won’t need 4 iri emblems

  • @Crypticghoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858885#Comment_1858885

    Correct me if I'm wrong but getting the double pip is what counts towards the adepts and the lower your rank is, the lower the threshold is for the double pip. So yes, unless the devs change it, it should be easier to get adepts in the sense that you don't need 4 iri emblems.

    I actually was not aware of that but it sounds like from other answers on the thread you are correct

  • Aah nuts i didn't see that you will get reset back to rank 20 every month

    Rip me, i don't play enough to go from rank 20 to 1 even if i win all of my matches

    Still good change though, happy there is some incentive for ranks

  • I think he means since getting Merciless at rank20 is easier because you require only 2 Iridiscent and 2 gold emblems it will be easier to get the Adepts too since you wont be needing 4 Iridiscent emblems like you do at red and purple, regardless of skill.

  • @FreakPrince said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858906#Comment_1858906

    Well yes, but what I meant is that if nothing is changed to adepts, on rank 20 you won’t need 4 iri emblems

    That's a good point, I didn't think of that initially. Yes, it's going to make those much easier to get due to the pipping conditions.