Chase recognition
I am chasing a survivor literally 10 meter away from me, running in circles as usual.
Why is this not considered a chase? It really hurts the killer emblems....
I am chasing a survivor literally 10 meter away from me, running in circles as usual.
Why is this not considered a chase? It really hurts the killer emblems....
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It actually doesn't at all.
Short chases are WAY more rewarded than long chases. So if you initiate a chase again and hit/down, you get a LOT of extra emblem points, while an extended chase wouldn't have given much.
The goal of this Emblem is to receive as many points as possible:
Points received for hitting a Survivor: 55 Points Points received for finding a Survivor: 5 Points Survivor Lost timer duration: 5 seconds Additional points are gained depending on how long the Chase lasted: less than 15 seconds: 90 Points less than 30 seconds: 60 Points less than 45 seconds: 50 Points less than 60 seconds: 40 Points more than 60 seconds: 30 PointsSource : https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems#Chaser
So the poor chase recognition is actually really good for the emblems. Tho it's pretty bad for Bloodlust.
@Runiver it's also the cause of true infinites still existing in certain areas.
I remember the Devs saying that stuff like this is caused by the way the geometry on some objects are that cause the Killer to accidently break LoS which isn't intended.
The ability to start a chase should definetly be tremendously changed. I once had a hacker I couldn't bloodlust because he kept breaking my LOS and therefore it ended the chase each time before I could do anything