Will both Asylum and Chapel get updated Dev question?

You showed the pictures but didn't see anything for Chapel is chapel getting graphics updated also?

Comments

  • Yes, all the associated maps get updated.

    Crotus Prenn Asylum is the location; the variants are: Disturbed Ward and Father Cambell's Chapel.

    Same with the MacMillian update; they only showed a few pics but the entire MacMillian estate location was updated.

  • Crotus Pren Asylum is the realm. Which means both Disturbed Ward and Father Campbell's Chapel are getting reworked.

  • Church is okay. The only thing I would change would be to remove the god window above church basement but only when basement spawns at the church. Ward needs to be fixed though. That map is awful. Really all that needs to be done is they need to shrink the map. It's just way too big. Maybe also adjust the windows of the observatory in the main building (best to add a breakable wall somewhere there). But yea the size of the map is a huge problem.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    You showed the pictures but didn't see anything for Chapel is chapel getting graphics updated also?

    Considering they share the same realm and multiple assets, there's no way they couldnt also graphically update it, even if it was indirectly.

  • @Moxie said:

    Yes, all the associated maps get updated.

    Crotus Prenn Asylum is the location; the variants are: Disturbed Ward and Father Cambell's Chapel.

    Same with the MacMillian update; they only showed a few pics but the entire MacMillian estate location was updated.

    Just got spooked figured they can at least show pictures from both maps.

  • Hopefully Father Campbell's Chapel will be more creepy circus themed ๐Ÿ˜€

  • My favorite part was when they asked people to guess what the next update would be; and everyone was like unanimously "It better be coldwind" and then it wasn't coldwind xDDD

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Church is okay. The only thing I would change would be to remove the god window above church basement but only when basement spawns at the church. Ward needs to be fixed though. That map is awful. Really all that needs to be done is they need to shrink the map. It's just way too big. Maybe also adjust the windows of the observatory in the main building (best to add a breakable wall somewhere there). But yea the size of the map is a huge problem.

    I always hate when people say stuff like this. Sure they rework parts of the map cuz the devs are LOVING their breakable walls, but the graphical update is not for the intentions of reworking. Chances are (like many other maps) the maps will ended up more unbalanced. Not all maps are like that but some are. (Autohaven I'm looking at you)

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857040#Comment_1857040

    I always hate when people say stuff like this. Sure they rework parts of the map cuz the devs are LOVING their breakable walls, but the graphical update is not for the intentions of reworking. Chances are (like many other maps) the maps will ended up more unbalanced. Not all maps are like that but some are. (Autohaven I'm looking at you)

    Ward needs a rework, but yea they screwed up Ormond even worse than it was before so I shouldn't be expecting a miracle here.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857148#Comment_1857148

    Ward needs a rework, but yea they screwed up Ormond even worse than it was before so I shouldn't be expecting a miracle here.

    Ormond's more balanced than before. I'm not going to say it's perfect because it's not, I think they went a little heavy trying to make it more balanced for killers so now it's dreaded by survivors. Disturbed Ward does need a rework and I hope along with the graphical update it's also reworked, I'm just saying that the graphical update does not equal a rework.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857156#Comment_1857156

    Ormond's more balanced than before. I'm not going to say it's perfect because it's not, I think they went a little heavy trying to make it more balanced for killers so now it's dreaded by survivors. Disturbed Ward does need a rework and I hope along with the graphical update it's also reworked, I'm just saying that the graphical update does not equal a rework.

    Ormond is not even close to balanced. It is still complete ######### show for killers. Some areas have massive deadzones yes, but the size of the map is still a major issue, so are the tiles that actually spawn pallets being way too strong, and it's damn near impossible to track properly on that map. Also have you even BEEN upstairs yet? The god window is even more godly than before. It's just awful.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857231#Comment_1857231

    Ormond is not even close to balanced. It is still complete ######### show for killers. Some areas have massive deadzones yes, but the size of the map is still a major issue, so are the tiles that actually spawn pallets being way too strong, and it's damn near impossible to track properly on that map. Also have you even BEEN upstairs yet? The god window is even more godly than before. It's just awful.

    I play both sides on a daily basis. I even play on the worst platform (switch) and I'm telling you it's more balanced. Also I said it's "More balanced" that does not mean it's balanced.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857253#Comment_1857253

    I play both sides on a daily basis. I even play on the worst platform (switch) and I'm telling you it's more balanced. Also I said it's "More balanced" that does not mean it's balanced.

    Yes I play both sides too. It's awful. IDK how you can say it's more balanced when it's literally bigger than before and all the strong loops are stronger than before.

    They just need to shrink the map and open some of the breakable walls upstairs to make it better than before, but as it stands it's still the worst map in the game.