Making Dead by Daylight more Terrifying

Recently Ghost face it git me thinking. Using a stealth killer the idea is the terror of not knowing where the killer is, possibly being watched at that very moment. Yet survivors don't feel that dread or fear.

The question I'm asking is what can be done to make Dead by Daylight more scary?

Comments

  • Well the terror aspect of the stealth killer is lost when a survivor can hard counter stealth with a single perk.

    But the maps are being made more atmospheric. There isn't really much more to be done because you'll become used to the horror aspect of the game eventually.

  • As sad as it is, the horror aspect fades over time. There is nothing that can be done. As a survivor gains more experience they will become less and less afraid of the killer. There always is a few good jumpscares here and there courtesy of Myers though

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    As sad as it is, the horror aspect fades over time. There is nothing that can be done. As a survivor gains more experience they will become less and less afraid of the killer. There always is a few good jumpscares here and there courtesy of Myers though

    The game shouldn't just be Jump scares though. That's the point and only 1 or 2 killers can actually jump scare while the rest can only chase

  • @dbd900bach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855548#Comment_1855548

    The game shouldn't just be Jump scares though. That's the point and only 1 or 2 killers can actually jump scare while the rest can only chase

    Like others said, stealth killers are relatively weak as is because of perks like Spine Chill and Premonition so adding more with those perks in the game would just be purposeless as those perks would become meta. I would love nothing more than to have the horror aspect of this game back. Being terrified as a Wraith uncloaked in the distance or hear the Hillbilly revving up for a charge across the map just like when I started. Good times.

  • Play survivor with your volume muted. Trust me.

  • i don't get scared per say but i do get intimidated. especially against killers like oni, deathslinger or blight just hearing there terroradius at the beginning of a match puts me in fight or flight

  • There are some scary builds you can run. I love using distressing + knock out on indoor maps sometimes, especially the game. Distressing Perma tier 3 Myers + dead rabbit gets a 50m terror radius and basically covers that map.

    It’s almost the same as being a stealth killer except the terror radius is blasting in the survivors ears the whole time.

  • I actually made a thread about this same thing awhile back. One dude came up with idea of adding some sort of fog that makes survivors not be able to see anything outside 24 meters, which I thought was a pretty cool idea.

  • @QwQw said:

    I actually made a thread about this same thing awhile back. One dude came up with idea of adding some sort of fog that makes survivors not be able to see anything outside 24 meters, which I thought was a pretty cool idea.

    They did have the thick mist offerings but I swear they are broken or have been nerfed. A purple mist used to black out the map and make everything much more close quarters. Now they are not really that noticeable which is a shame.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855853#Comment_1855853

    They did have the thick mist offerings but I swear they are broken or have been nerfed. A purple mist used to black out the map and make everything much more close quarters. Now they are not really that noticeable which is a shame.

    The only thing mist offerings actually succeed in doing is lagging the game.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855858#Comment_1855858

    The only thing mist offerings actually succeed in doing is lagging the game.

    I mean the game was made for PC originally. If you don’t have the required specs that’s too bad. The dark mist offerings used to be significantly more impactful and would easily aid stealth killers in getting downs. Now they are kind of a joke in the name of console optimization.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855868#Comment_1855868

    I mean the game was made for PC originally. If you don’t have the required specs that’s too bad. The dark mist offerings used to be significantly more impactful and would easily aid stealth killers in getting downs. Now they are kind of a joke in the name of console optimization.

    I do play on console. God bless my heart if someone puts one of these stupid bottles on and I get MIdwitch or Lery's.