Option to disable endgame chat
The best experience i ever had was a guy who said gg ONCE, on the other hand I get death threats/racist/sexist/homophobic slurs almost daily, can we please have an option to turn off/disable chat for pc users?
The best experience i ever had was a guy who said gg ONCE, on the other hand I get death threats/racist/sexist/homophobic slurs almost daily, can we please have an option to turn off/disable chat for pc users?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You already can disable the chat, just click on the icon in the bottom right in the end game screen.
Never seen that option, does that disable it for every match or just that one match I just got out of?
It hides the chat and it will stay hidden for all matches until you click it again.
Or come on over to our lovely consoles. Never had a problem with the end chat evaaaaaaa...
Consoles are far from lovely. They are made cheap. Graphics are sad and the auto aiming features are even sadder. The consoles cheapness also passes on to any games released on console. It would've cost more to implement a chat feature in game. Sorry you will nevaaaaaaa... own a PC evaaaaaaa... Millennial
True but I did have to disable messages and friend requests
You ok m8?
forever until pressing it back
I think the point was consoles have nicer players and you can turn messages off and never hear a complain. Consoles is pure gaming while PC is just work and stuff, oh and you can play games on them but come on mouse and keybord for games it sounds so cheap lol.
Pretty sure you just called somebody twice your age or so a "millennial"
Yuck
Who hurt you.
I want the option to just turn it off in the options menu; but furthermore for a mute/deaf icon to show by your name (If only to enrage the toxic people that want to harass you, when they realise they can't) haha.
It's too tempting to open it because you obviously had like, friendly survivors and you want to chat and it's great and fine and then forget to close it again only to have to read someone calling you the N word three times next game.
Not like they have to remove that current option or anything; but being able to toggle it in options and having that take priority would be a nice optional for folks that are bad with temptations like that.
I mean, I prefer playing with console survivors because I love that they don't have a post game chat....I would feel the same way about console killers except 8/10 toxic killers I run into tend to be console users so not having a chat doesn't outweigh when they just leatherface face camp you all game.
At high ranks, the trash talk is minimal. I've had very few endgame chats at r1, 2, 3, and 4 but at the lower ranks, I can def see that being a problem as everyone thinks they did enough, are good, etc so ego just explodes and they need to let it out. I don't think anyone deserves to experience the racists/homophobes/personal attacks, but like I said, it does slim down quite a bit. Or I've just gotten incredibly lucky with the last 40-50 matches.
I mean ... you dont have to buy some incredibly marked up prebuilt alienware pc. And you really shouldn't either.