What perks do you think should be base kit?

For solo survivors, I’d give them kindred or Camaraderie + Visionary or Deja Vu. Nothing too OP but some perks to give them info to their surroundings.

For killer, I’d give them Corrupt Tier 1 (80 seconds) and Rancor (Not sure about the obsession part though) just something to give them locations of survivors (especially the immerse ones) and to,”sLoW ThE gAmE dOwN, jUsT A lITtLe BiT”.

What perks would you want to be basekit?

Comments

  • Kindred for survivors the either corrupt or bbq for killer

  • Kindred for survivors.

    Corrupt for Killers.

  • I've been a big fan of Kindred being basekit for survivors, ever since the buff. Reduce the killer aura reading to 6m, then have Kindred increase the number to what they are (8/12/16). I'd help out solo survivors so much and lessen the gap between solo and SWF.

    Killer I'd say BBQ to encourage leaving the hook to find other survivors.

  • I don't think that there should be perks base kit implemented on either to circumvent problems with the design of the game; I mean this more on your choices and reasons for the killer side.

    People always say Kindred on solo survivors needs to be a thing, but I am just unsure on that. If every survivor in the high ranks (assuming they all know what to do), matches would feel like always going against a SWF group. Maybe this could be tweaked and then added, but I personally think it should not be base kit.

    Corrupt being base kit would also feel pretty overwhelming especially since this would always be in a game. Lvl one corrupt is still strong, but remember that this is basically a 5th perk slot.

    Instead, the game itself should be fixed, but we all know that'll take a while.

  • Overcharge/Pgtw ( the instant skillcheck and the regression on kicking a gen) should maybe be considered. Obviously not woth huge numbers, but 2-5% regression on kicking a gen, plus the skillcheck, would honestly make kixking gens not useless and remove runby gentapping.

  • @Yords said:

    I don't think that there should be perks base kit implemented on either to circumvent problems with the design of the game; I mean this more on your choices and reasons for the killer side.

    People always say Kindred on solo survivors needs to be a thing, but I am just unsure on that. If every survivor in the high ranks (assuming they all know what to do), matches would feel like always going against a SWF group. Maybe this could be tweaked and then added, but I personally think it should not be base kit.

    Corrupt being base kit would also feel pretty overwhelming especially since this would always be in a game. Lvl one corrupt is still strong, but remember that this is basically a 5th perk slot.

    Instead, the game itself should be fixed, but we all know that'll take a while.

    Some perks are already band-aids anyway so making them basekit wouldn't be too beneficial. Kindred is useless if the killer doesn't camp so I don't see what's wrong with that. Same for Corrupt, survivors already counter that by hiding at the start of the match. It also makes endgame 3-gen harder since the last gens are spread out.

    The few meta perks that I think SHOULDN'T be basekit are Detective's Hunch, Small Game, Iron Will, Exhaustion Perks, Adrenaline, and weirdly enough, BT. Identity V has a basekit BT that affects the unhooker as well and that made all the killers camp.

  • Fire Up and No One Left Behind seem like they could be added to base kit. Both aren't really powerful perks but they might make things a little more interesting as games go on. Fire Up could help out a struggling killer a bit while NOLB could encourage people to save their teammates last minute.

  • For survivors: lone survivor

    For killers: tinkerer

  • Kindred for SQ survivors.

  • Kindred being baseline would help solo queue immensely, even if they decide to not include the killer aura reading portion of it.

    A weaker variant of Decisive Strike. Having to dedicate 1-2 perk slots (I'm including BT here) to anti-tunnel every game instead of it just being built into the game really stifles build diversity. I swear in the red ranks I either get to use or see DS used every few games without the survivor getting in the killer's face about it.

    BBQ for killers as it helps disincentivize camping by giving them immediate objectives away from the hook.

  • @Saltjar34 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853166#Comment_1853166

    Some perks are already band-aids anyway so making them basekit wouldn't be too beneficial. Kindred is useless if the killer doesn't camp so I don't see what's wrong with that. Same for Corrupt, survivors already counter that by hiding at the start of the match. It also makes endgame 3-gen harder since the last gens are spread out.

    The few meta perks that I think SHOULDN'T be basekit are Detective's Hunch, Small Game, Iron Will, Exhaustion Perks, Adrenaline, and weirdly enough, BT. Identity V has a basekit BT that affects the unhooker as well and that made all the killers camp.

    Kindred isn't useless if the killer doesn't camp lol. Information is the most important thing in Dead by Daylight. Kindred reveals the exact location of what you teammates are doing. Getting a heal, helping someone on a gen, seeing if a hex totem is being cleansed can change the outcome of a match in solo queue. It also tells everyone who hasn't seen the killer in the early game who it is so they are more prepared. Kindred is not useless at all.

  • @Saltjar34 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853166#Comment_1853166

    Some perks are already band-aids anyway so making them basekit wouldn't be too beneficial. Kindred is useless if the killer doesn't camp so I don't see what's wrong with that. Same for Corrupt, survivors already counter that by hiding at the start of the match. It also makes endgame 3-gen harder since the last gens are spread out.

    The few meta perks that I think SHOULDN'T be basekit are Detective's Hunch, Small Game, Iron Will, Exhaustion Perks, Adrenaline, and weirdly enough, BT. Identity V has a basekit BT that affects the unhooker as well and that made all the killers camp.

    Just because some perks are already band-aid fixes doesn't really mean there should be more added. Kindred is still very useful too. It is not just to help everyone know in solo queue if the killer is camping, it also lets survivors know what to do and when. Put more simply, it helps survivors coordinate themselves a bit and helps them make more efficient plays. For example, if a killer is camping all other survivors would either try going for a very coordinated save with BT, or just work on gens.

    Corrupt at lvl one is still pretty game-changing and survivors don't always wait it out.

    Detective's hunch and small game are not meta perks, even with the ruin + undying meta. You could just bring a map to find totems every game.

  • A version of unbreakable that works similar to when survivors wake others up (slower after each use). Killers need to slug, but it's also terrible to be slugged over and over or for a long time.