Is it possible to fail the unhook with Deliverance + Monstrous Shrine?
Deliverance is a 100% chance to unhook self, but Monstrous makes it 15% more difficult.
Just curious.
Deliverance is a 100% chance to unhook self, but Monstrous makes it 15% more difficult.
Just curious.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I actually don't know, but I don't believe so. Deliverance is basically supposed to guarantee an Self Unhook. I remember there used to be a bug where adding luck offerings ontop of Deliverance would break it for some reason, but that's since been fixed. So I imagine if Monstrous Shrine did mess with Deliverance, it's a bug.
But let's get real, who would ever use Monstrous Shrine? It's the worst perk in the game imo.
That's a really interesting question that I would also like to know the answer to, lmao
The answer is probably no, but I'm actually not sure because I don't know if it would work the same way that Stridor/Iron Will/No Mither type stuff works. Your sound level is at 100%, t3 IW reduces it by 100% but Stridor makes you 50% louder or whatever the percentage is, so it halfway cancels IW out instead of your volume staying completely muted.
I COULD actually see it working that way- making your self unhook attempt success rate 85% instead of the full 100% (which would still basically guarantee an escape by your third try, unless you're extremely unlucky) but I'd love to see someone test it out a few times in a KYF lobby, just to have a definitive answer hahaha
I'm not sure, and it depends on if Deliverance gives +100% chance to self unhook or if it sets the unhook probability to 100%.
With the former, MS will bring the probability below 100%.
With the latter, it will only do so if MS is applied after Deliverance.
Does make me curious what's the case ๐
EDIT: Assuming the percentages are additive to begin with. For all I know the 15% harder self-unhooks from MS might be multiplicative just making them 0.6% less likely to work (15% of 4, from the base 4%) or something.
I have seen a normal kobe when the killer had this perk on, I honestly don't think it does anything other than make the sacrifice ever so slightly faster.
Yeah, 15% more difficult on an already low 4% chance of escape means it's reducing the chance by less than 1%. I can see normal kobe's still happening.
I am just curious as Deliverance specifically says "100% chance". Just a curiosity.