Ruin and undying CAN be annoying, BUUUT...
So what? It's a build that works. If someone defends totems because they see you they are probably too scared to use their own skill at whatever ranks and thats ok, but that means you can punish them. So just quit beating the dead horse on that one, everyone thinks they make a good argument and then people talk about ds and unbreakable. Yes its whattaboutism or however you spell it, but that is a valid point. Survivor meta is annoying and boring. I hate running DS, because its never gauranteed to be used and I like switching builds a bit. Not every build is for someone and some people have their own reasons to run it. Maybe you want to win, maybe you want easy relaxed games and maybe you want fun. So quit judging everybody for their builds and quit complaining because they are all gonne be changed eventually. Just try and reach the point where after a team of survivors win because of deadhard saving their bad habits and you scream at the forums you just get mad vent and move on. Same to killers who are upset at survivor stuff. Just calm down and move on
Comments
That's very hard to read without proper spacing, no offense.
Anyways, "so what" is because those people are mostly claiming it's either too strong or at least too oppressive for solo's to deal with. It's less so the fact that you have to break all the totems, it's that trying to do them and having your location revealed entirely (especially against mobile killers) just gets you chased off it and the totem reset fully.
It upsets people when they feel something is too strong. Be it true or not, some people feel it is, hence they are upset. It happens. Just because it does not bother you does not mean it does not bother someone else; if you want to ease forum tension this is more likely to instigate than it is to ease it.
I mean I'm trying to at least give some reasoning out so people can understand. And I didnt think that need paragraphs, but thanks for the feedback. Also my target was the complaining of it not the reason they complain nor the subjects strength. Although it sounds like it isnt a good way to go about it it helps me be objective. To me ruin and undying is very annoying and its annoying to deal with the dame build each game. But I also knoe only good killers capitalize and I look at it logically which is what I tried doing here.
It doesn't need paragraphs, it's not hard to read
I'm all for people running strong, even broken things to win. I just hate it when they try to justify themselves by downplaying said broken things, or pretend it's their opponents fault.
If you wanna win, win. I get it, it's not like I never play with broken toys. My acceptable skill as Nurse and Spirit is proof of that. Hell, I ran Ruin/Undying for two months after it came out. I even run stacked medkits - suck it, killers, you ain't got pressure on me. But I'm fully aware that those toys ARE broken and I suffer no illusions about what I'm doing.
from what ive seen with this build all you need is two people on gens and two people on totems if you are in a swf even a high mobilty killer can only do so much
Thanks
Yeah I always feel bad when I do that because of all the ######### people say. Like I don't want to run dead hard and he'll I stopped running it and when I tried I barely used it because my loop game was on point. I feel like if I use those perks im not good. But at the same time if I am getting hit through Windows or teammates who suck ill run object and ill run vault build. If I get bullied too much at huntress I'll let off steam doing an iri head infectious build. So I totally agreee, but for me I just have my own element I guess you could say and sometimes I go out of it but I dont like it and I am influenced by others opinions due to my lack of confidence.
Exactly my point. Builds can be avoided and can be looked at logically so if you focus on the BS of it you'll spread hate and just harm your mental state. But I don't advocate for down right ignoring the broken things
Since undying i can have fun playing hex totems without being certain than half of the games my hex will last 30 seconds and the other half max 5 minutes. I really wish they don't change it
Personally I'm completely fine with ruin and Undying as a survivor main. I'm in a swf group and I don't think we ever have any problems with it. It's fine for the most part. Us survivors have to adapt and do better.
and im fine with it as a killer main ive had alot of survivors take my ruin and undying out while im trying to get people of gens
It only works nicely with ruin or haunted grounds though, all the other ones are either useless, or have tokens, which get cleared if they're broken anyway.
Nah the effect is good but can be very annoying or punishing. When I started this game I HATED ruin I could NEVER find totems but now with this perk and the fact all low rank killers have these builds the baby survs will just be wrecked and it'll be worse than old ruin. I prefer old ruin honestly I liked going against it even if I hated it. But I like that hexes are stronger with the perk they just have to adjust the amount if times totems come back or the aura part. It depends I guess on what they decide.
That's your side tho. I play solo most of my games and its oppressive especially when swf arent that good anyways. But I do agree that it's not a BIG deal.