Distortion should be a cooldown perk

Distortion would be a really solid perk if it was on a cooldown. Something like this:

Whenever the Killer reads your Aura, Distortion activates. Unless it is on cooldown.

Your Aura and scratch marks are not revealed for 5 seconds.

Cooldown is 60 seconds.

The duration is balanced around the fact that perks like I'm All Ears and Hex: Undying have 6 seconds of Aura reading. So they will flash the Killer their Aura for the last second.

The cooldown is balanced around perks like Nurse's Calling and BBQ along with add-ons like Scratched Mirror, Willow Wreath and Black Incense. They will be countered initially, but Distortion will leave sixty seconds where the perk/add-ons could be reactivated so the Survivor will still have an exploitable period.

Distortion would be a useful perk for stealth and mindgaming Killers, but it wouldn't completely hard counter Aura perks. And I feel like it would be much more useful than it is now.

Comments

  • I'd rather just have a way to earn tokens.

  • If object is nerfed first, then yes

  • @Aneurysm said:

    If object is nerfed first, then yes

    Or ot could be when distortion is active you can't read any auras until it's done

  • @Aneurysm said:

    If object is nerfed first, then yes

    Distortion would work for five seconds, every sixty seconds.

    Most Object players I see spend a lot more time than that staring at the Killer lol

  • I really like this idea actually. Especially the addition of removing your scratch marks for its duration. That just makes sense considering "distortion".

    Plus this fixes the whole issue of the token bs. I personally don't want a way to generate tokens for it because I don't like the idea of starting with 0 and having to earn tokens to use for aura read negation when your aura will more than likely be revealed before you could even get a token.

    And the issue with it currently having only three tokens is that they get burned through pretty fast- Undying cleanse literally eats 2 of the 3 tokens lol

  • @ukenicky

    Distortion has always hid scratch marks. It's part of the perk in its current version