Why do pig players tunnel so much?

Even if a survivor has a trap on their head and are obviously preoccupied they still tunnel like crazy like y'all good?

Comments

  • @JigsawPiggy said:

    I've recently become a Pig main.

    The sooner I get the four players down to three, the better my chances are of keeping three players from completing the rest of the gens. And three players down to two, etc. Also, if I chase the survivor doing the unhooking, I have to use two hits to bring them down, not one for a wounded survivor. If I'm running Ebony Mori, that's another excuse to chase the wounded survivor, because I can mori them, and then I'm only having to deal with three players vs. four. But it's rare when I get an immediate tunnel on an unhooked player, because I rarely lurk around the hook, unless the person on it has been particularly toxic (Had a Steve butt dance after dropping every pallet, whether he stunned me or not. That got old very quickly, and he paid for it.)

    Don't get me wrong, it sucks when it happens to me when playing survivor. But having switched to playing killer primarily, I can see the benefit, because if you get four people one per gen, even if you chase one, the other three can pop those gens off fairly quickly, then you've only got two gens left after hooking one survivor.

    Traps are practically useless. If I play 15 matches as Pig, I get MAYBE two deaths in those 15 matches from the trap firing, and one of them is because they got the trap right before the last gen fired, to activate it, and then they ran out the exit gate not realizing that it would automatically fire. Trapper has to find his traps, but they're active and reusable for the entire match. I've had plenty of matches where I've gotten a trap on every single players' head, and every single player has safely removed it. Once the trap is removed, it's gone, and then all I have is the knife. The trap is NOT a guaranteed kill, and I'm going to make more points, and give myself a better advantage, by rehooking the player twice more, or using a mori.

    Also, from my perspective, while I have great success with her, Pig is hardly an OP killer. Once my traps are gone, I'm left with stealth, which is picked up by the right perks, and her lunge attack, which takes a few seconds to pop off, and gives a loud warning roar alerting the survivor it's coming. While it's usually very effective at the start of the game, once the players know they're playing Pig, they then become very wary, and it gets harder and harder to sneak attack someone on a gen, because you can bet they've positioned their camera to a place where they can see me coming. Trying to use the lunge attack during a chase is also pretty ineffective, because they are usually back out of range because of the time it takes to execute it in a straight chase, and around a corner.

    Part of it is due to inexperience. I've only been playing Pig exclusively for about two weeks, and while I'm getting good with her, I'm by no means excellent with her. Chasing the wounded survivor isn't great for the player I'm chasing, but abandoning that chase to go after the person who does the unhook, and usually proves to be quite the looper who takes complete advantage of any inexperience I have playing Pig for such a short time isn't great for me.

    The other part of it is my mindset during the match. If I've had two or three matches where I've three or four Ked, I'm far less likely to go after the wounded player if they're unhooked when I'm in the area. If I've had two or three matches where I've been looped for the whole damn match with one hook or less, no kills, and the sight of three people at the exit line butt dancing, I'm going to be more apt to chase the lame survivor or survivors so I can get a match with at least one kill.

    So... Why do you play Pig then?

  • I always figured the traps purpose was to keep someone busy and off of gens with the side benefit of killing if ignored, that way piggy can freely go after others.

    Their purpose then feels defeated once tunneling happens... like why use the trap in the first place?

  • @GamerGirlFeng said:

    I always figured the traps purpose was to keep someone busy and off of gens with the side benefit of killing if ignored, that way piggy can freely go after others.

    Their purpose then feels defeated once tunneling happens... like why use the trap in the first place?

    That's exactly what they're meant for. I play Pig and I never go after the person with the trap unless the next person I find happens to be them. Even then I'll be like "ARE YOU [BAD WORD] KIDDING ME? GO AWAY!"

    Only reason I'd tunnel, isn't for the purpose to tunnel, it's if I think they're timer is almost up and that's the last box so I'll get them away from it so their head go pop and then go on my merry way with the other 3/2/1.

  • Because it's easy to do.

    It's like face camping as bubba, he is the BEST at it.

    Pig is the best at tunneling a survivor of all the killers in the game.


    So when people want to be toxic, they tend to pick one of those killers for that specific reason.

  • Because you failed to boop the snoot

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Because it's easy to do.

    It's like face camping as bubba, he is the BEST at it.

    Pig is the best at tunneling a survivor of all the killers in the game.

    So when people want to be toxic, they tend to pick one of those killers for that specific reason.

    I would say Spirit, Nurse and Freddy are the best at tunneling. But then again, they're good at everything.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1841223#Comment_1841223

    I would say Spirit, Nurse and Freddy are the best at tunneling. But then again, they're good at everything.

    They are all pretty good at it, but no pig is still better.

    All of those killers can't tunnel someone with nearly 100% success rate like pig can. The usual methods of counter play and cooperation can still apply to them.

    If a pig wants to kill one person they WILL Die. All they have to do is put a trap on their head and just...follow them around; either they die to the hook or die to the trap, there is nothing they can do short of literally the entire team body blocking them at a box and somehow RNG giving it to them on that specific box.

    Same with Bubba, he can face camp with nearly 100% success rate, he WILL get at least one kill doing this generally.

  • I literally thought this just happens to me. I've had so many pigs tunnel me even though I had a reverse bear trap and ds is active that I lost count

  • @JigsawPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1841285#Comment_1841285

    Agreed. While Pig's stealth can allow them to hang out close to a survivor without triggering a heartbeat, she still takes two hits to down a healthy survivor, unless NOED is running.

    Your talking about in a match where pig is trying to genuinely win or play the game and tunnelling is merely a thing they might do on the side- but if a pig decides to hard tunnel someone early in the game they have the highest chance of succeeding at that goal of any killer.

  • The way the trap mechanic works, their death is guaranteed after a gen pops if The Pig prevents them from taking the trap off. I can definitely see why a Pig is inclined to tunnel, which is why it also sucks so much when it happens. You know why The Pig is going after you again, but you cant truly fault them for BHVR's faulty game mechanics.

    The traps have debuffs that last until the trap is taken off, if you tunnel the player, they'll be injured while also having additional debuffs that hurt their odds of survival. After all, why go after a healthy Meg that'll sprint burst away and a Nea waiting to use Balanced Landing on you, when you know have an Exhuasted David King that's both injured and unable to use Dead Hard because of the Slow-Release Toxin Add-On?

    If they Pulled a Pyramid Head and shifted her power balance in other areas just so she could no longer see Jigsaw Boxes (So that the trap can be used for its proper purpose and not just be the Tunnel Machine), I'm sure she'd not be the Tunnel Monster you know her as.

  • Yeah lol Pig is literally the killer who can get survivors off gens without even needing to chase them off.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1841201#Comment_1841201

    Yeah lol Pig is literally the killer who can get survivors off gens without even needing to chase them off.

    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh some players will get off the gen once their timer starts. :P

  • @JigsawPiggy said:

    I've recently become a Pig main.

    The sooner I get the four players down to three, the better my chances are of keeping three players from completing the rest of the gens. And three players down to two, etc. Also, if I chase the survivor doing the unhooking, I have to use two hits to bring them down, not one for a wounded survivor. If I'm running Ebony Mori, that's another excuse to chase the wounded survivor, because I can mori them, and then I'm only having to deal with three players vs. four. But it's rare when I get an immediate tunnel on an unhooked player, because I rarely lurk around the hook, unless the person on it has been particularly toxic (Had a Steve butt dance after dropping every pallet, whether he stunned me or not. That got old very quickly, and he paid for it.)

    Don't get me wrong, it sucks when it happens to me when playing survivor. But having switched to playing killer primarily, I can see the benefit, because if you get four people one per gen, even if you chase one, the other three can pop those gens off fairly quickly, then you've only got two gens left after hooking one survivor.

    Traps are practically useless. If I play 15 matches as Pig, I get MAYBE two deaths in those 15 matches from the trap firing, and one of them is because they got the trap right before the last gen fired, to activate it, and then they ran out the exit gate not realizing that it would automatically fire. Trapper has to find his traps, but they're active and reusable for the entire match. I've had plenty of matches where I've gotten a trap on every single players' head, and every single player has safely removed it. Once the trap is removed, it's gone, and then all I have is the knife. The trap is NOT a guaranteed kill, and I'm going to make more points, and give myself a better advantage, by rehooking the player twice more, or using a mori.

    Also, from my perspective, while I have great success with her, Pig is hardly an OP killer. Once my traps are gone, I'm left with stealth, which is picked up by the right perks, and her lunge attack, which takes a few seconds to pop off, and gives a loud warning roar alerting the survivor it's coming. While it's usually very effective at the start of the game, once the players know they're playing Pig, they then become very wary, and it gets harder and harder to sneak attack someone on a gen, because you can bet they've positioned their camera to a place where they can see me coming. Trying to use the lunge attack during a chase is also pretty ineffective, because they are usually back out of range because of the time it takes to execute it in a straight chase, and around a corner.

    Part of it is due to inexperience. I've only been playing Pig exclusively for about two weeks, and while I'm getting good with her, I'm by no means excellent with her. Chasing the wounded survivor isn't great for the player I'm chasing, but abandoning that chase to go after the person who does the unhook, and usually proves to be quite the looper who takes complete advantage of any inexperience I have playing Pig for such a short time isn't great for me.

    The other part of it is my mindset during the match. If I've had two or three matches where I've three or four Ked, I'm far less likely to go after the wounded player if they're unhooked when I'm in the area. If I've had two or three matches where I've been looped for the whole damn match with one hook or less, no kills, and the sight of three people at the exit line butt dancing, I'm going to be more apt to chase the lame survivor or survivors so I can get a match with at least one kill.


    New to killer I guess if you think time management = best to tunnel

  • @JigsawPiggy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1841201#Comment_1841201

    Because aside from Jigsaw, Amanda was my favorite character in the "Saw" franchise. Also, I've only been playing her for a couple weeks, in fact, I've only been playing as a killer main for a couple weeks. As I keep playing her, I'll become more skilled with her, which means I'll be able to switch things up Also, It's not like I'm hooking the person and then face camping. I'm doing a tunnel if I've hooked the survivor, and some random solo has decided to unhook the player before the heartbeat has even faded.

    I didn't say that I tunnel every match. But in certain situations, it's beneficial. The wounded survivor is usually far easier to bring down than a healthy one. Or if I'm in a match where three gens are fired and this is my first hook, yeah, I'm going to do what I can to try and get myself at least one kill.

    His name is John.


    "It was the police and the press who coined the nickname Jigsaw. I never once encouraged or claimed that." - John Kramer