Demomuffin, Seeking Tips

I like playing Demo, and really want to main him for a while! I know he's the strongest killer for the Save the Best for Last perk, and I'm running that, of course, but I'd also like to know what you guys think works best on him! Currently I run STBFL, Devour Hope, Mindbreaker, and Surge.

Comments

  • Some of it depends on how you want to play Demo. I play Demo as a very defensive Killer, which means I attempt to have an open portal literally right next to 4 of my Gens at all times with Corrupt blocking the other 3 for the first 2 minutes. For that play style, Corrupt Intervention is a must. StBFL is great, and I've been rounding out my perks with Surge so I can regress gens without kicks and Sloppy Butcher so if/when I need to break chase it takes longer for that Survivor to get back in action.

    I will say though, I've literally never seen someone treat Demo the way I do.

  • This might be redundant, but definitely make sure you're running rat liver (brown addon). I didn't play demo for a long time after release since I didn't know about it and thought he was too weak. It makes a big difference in terms of performance and fun factor. And it's a brown addon, so you can easily run it every game. Seems to be universally agreed upon that this is his best addon

    As far as perks go, STBFL is great for him. I usually swap out some combo of BBQ, ruin/undying, and tinkerer along with that. Seems like none of the other potential perk combinations come close to being as good imo, but there might be some more fun combinations out there

  • @UncleStabby said:

    I like playing Demo, and really want to main him for a while! I know he's the strongest killer for the Save the Best for Last perk, and I'm running that, of course, but I'd also like to know what you guys think works best on him! Currently I run STBFL, Devour Hope, Mindbreaker, and Surge.

    Best Addon: Rat Liver , watch below guide to know how to use it in chases

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crw2LcaGNFY


    To me the best way to play demo, is aggressive, like super hardcore. Obviously you should know why everyone runs STBFL on him, shred obsession m1 everyone else.

    Best Builds on demo

    Aggressive (favorite, lose a few gens at first, but snowballish) : Infectious Fright (Can swap out for enduring, whichever gives you more value consistently) , Save the best for last, BBQ & Chilli, Pop goes the weasel

    • You will lose gens at first since you lack early game gen defense, don't worry, as you gain stacks of save the best for last stacks and slug people with infectious fright and you'll be alright.

    Defensive (Reliable): Hex Ruin, Hex Undying, Corrupt Intervention, BBQ/Save the best for last

    • Place portals directly below gens and activate them early into the match, you get a notification whenever a survivor is on a gen, if they risk doing the gen with the portal directly below they're oblivious and you know exactly where they are, if they waste time cleansing then you get a notif when they done cleansing. The info you get from this is insane.

    Mean (Oppressive, credits to otz) : Make your choice, Agitation, Iron Grasp, Territorial Imperative

    • Objective #1, get someone to the basement

    • place a portal at the top of the basement staircase

    • Walk away patrol gens

    • Territorial imperative triggers, place a portal right below you whereever you are, get ready to tp back

    • Right after unhook noise triggers, MYC goes off, 1 down hit unhooker, if you got a good basement down the hooked too

  • They had better make rat liver base kit when they give him an addon pass.

    If they do something dumb like make it yellow or green or some other dumb BHVR level logic with it Ima scream.


    Anyways, as the others have said, Bronx's video is a great one; watch some streamer gameplay. The big thing I would say is learn when to shred and when not to shred; focus on learning one thing a game. I suggest this with any killer, people bite off way too much at once and just make it harder on themselves than it needs to be.

    Make one game about learning when and when not to use shred; focus on just that even if it costs you the game; maybe next game is about knowing what is a good portal and a bad one, etc....Demo can run some tiles diff than other killers; like double L walls you can run them in either direction usually, so just learn new things one at a time.

  • @slim0b said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215838/demomuffin-seeking-tips

    Best Addon: Rat Liver , watch below guide to know how to use it in chases

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crw2LcaGNFY

    To me the best way to play demo, is aggressive, like super hardcore. Obviously you should know why everyone runs STBFL on him, shred obsession m1 everyone else.

    Best Builds on demo

    Aggressive (favorite, lose a few gens at first, but snowballish) : Infectious Fright (Can swap out for enduring, whichever gives you more value consistently) , Save the best for last, BBQ & Chilli, Pop goes the weasel

    • You will lose gens at first since you lack early game gen defense, don't worry, as you gain stacks of save the best for last stacks and slug people with infectious fright and you'll be alright.

    Defensive (Reliable): Hex Ruin, Hex Undying, Corrupt Intervention, BBQ/Save the best for last

    • Place portals directly below gens and activate them early into the match, you get a notification whenever a survivor is on a gen, if they risk doing the gen with the portal directly below they're oblivious and you know exactly where they are, if they waste time cleansing then you get a notif when they done cleansing. The info you get from this is insane.

    Mean (Oppressive, credits to otz) : Make your choice, Agitation, Iron Grasp, Territorial Imperative

    • Objective #1, get someone to the basement

    • place a portal at the top of the basement staircase

    • Walk away patrol gens

    • Territorial imperative triggers, place a portal right below you whereever you are, get ready to tp back

    • Right after unhook noise triggers, MYC goes off, 1 down hit unhooker, if you got a good basement down the hooked too

    I've been trying to figure out how to run Demo for a hot minute and that Mean build is hilarious and terrible all at once. First good use I've ever seen for Territorial Imperative though!

  • The reason I love Demogorgon is he is a jack of all trades and master of none.

    You can make an ABSURD amount of perks work on him. Sure some are better, but you can get some value out of almost any perk in the game; there are very few that would feel like a waste.

    If you don't care about rank, there is SO much fun you can have making builds for him.

    Want a totem defender build? You can do it.

    Want an M1 killer build? You can do it.

    Basement build? Why not.


    You can go way off meta too if you want, it's why I love playing him so much.