An Example of Autoaim

Hey everyone, I was playing last night and encountered this feature and thought it would be good to take a clip of it and give a good visual example of what people are talking about when they say autoaim.

As you will see in the video, despite the fact that I swung at the center of the hook, my camera and weapon were yanked up by the game to try to look smoother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rUTXBT5Mng&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

Thoughts?

Comments

  • Not anything new to be honest, I discoved this when I started to play back in 2018. As so the Dev's like to call, there is no auto aim, only aim adressing that makes hits looks "smooth", which in really rare scenarios can make you miss hits.

  • @Kees_T said:

    Not anything new to be honest, I discoved this when I started to play back in 2018. As so the Dev's like to call, there is no auto aim, only aim adressing that makes hits looks "smooth", which in really rare scenarios can make you miss hits.

    I'm aware, but this was the first time I could reliably show it.

    Some people say it doesn't exist, others say it doesn't happen often, this shows that all you need to do is swing at someone while they move.

  • @Kees_T said:

    Not anything new to be honest, I discoved this when I started to play back in 2018. As so the Dev's like to call, there is no auto aim, only aim adressing that makes hits looks "smooth", which in really rare scenarios can make you miss hits.

    "rare" he says.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Hey everyone, I was playing last night and encountered this feature and thought it would be good to take a clip of it and give a good visual example of what people are talking about when they say autoaim.

    As you will see in the video, despite the fact that I swung at the center of the hook, my camera and weapon were yanked up by the game to try to look smoother.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rUTXBT5Mng&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    Thoughts?

    I could actually show a better clip showing how autoaim forced a killer to miss a hit who was chasing me.

    I have to reinstall SHAREfactory for that though

  • Yeah it is. As a PC player, it almost never happens to me. Since moving with mouse you have a better movimentation, you almost never miss because of it, but in consoles, they just lunge straight which ends up auto aim making them miss.

  • first question, are you wifi or hardline?

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    first question, are you wifi or hardline?

    Always on Ethernet. I had wi-fi when I first started gaming and yeah, that got old real fast.

  • That's not autoaim, that's aim dressing. You hit the guy on the hook but since they were being sacrificed they were above you so aim dressing pulled your camera to them. You got the hit and the game was making it look like you got the hit. What you see is exactly what it's supposed to do. If you missed and it did that you'd have something.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    That's not autoaim, that's aim dressing. You hit the guy on the hook but since they were being sacrificed they were above you so aim dressing pulled your camera to them. You got the hit and the game was making it look like you got the hit. What you see is exactly what it's supposed to do. If you missed and it did that you'd have something.

    If someone goes around an object, and I attempt to curve my swing around said object, the game will yank my camera towards the Survivor, causing me to hit the object.

  • Even tho there's no autoaim, survivors can still mess up the hit detection, which is one of those problems that the devs havent fixed for years now...

    If you, as survivor move slightly to the right and left very fast while you are running foward, you can make the lunge of the killer stop right when is about to hit you, even if the killer is still holding M1 the lunge will not connect with the survivor.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835893#Comment_1835893

    If someone goes around an object, and I attempt to curve my swing around said object, the game will yank my camera towards the Survivor, causing me to hit the object.

    That's aim dressing giving a false positive. You would have missed that swing anyway without aim dressing.

    A hit is a hit, a miss is a miss. Aim dressing doesn't turn a hit into a miss or vice versa, it happens AFTER the swing was registered as a hit or miss.

  • @Kees_T said:

    Not anything new to be honest, I discoved this when I started to play back in 2018. As so the Dev's like to call, there is no auto aim, only aim adressing that makes hits looks "smooth", which in really rare scenarios can make you miss hits.

    Idk about "rare" at least as a console player vs PC players. Everytime they 360 i lose control completely

    Only in dbd would auto aim be a bad thing lol

  • I just wanna mention some observation I made lately.

    I farmed with 2 survivors because of two early game rage quits.

    I wanted to farm some "basic attack hits" while they were repairing the gens. That's when I noticed:

    if you stand completely still at a certain distance and move your camera to the survivor whilst lunging the camera will ALWAYS be pulled to the survivor while not letting the hit connect. I did it around 5-10 times in a row.

    Again, neither me nor the survivor were moving. I was lunging while standing still and the survivor couldn't move due to the repair animation.

    My ping is high 20s as I live near the german server and I'm using cable internet so it can't be a lag issue.

    There's quite simply a specific distance at which aim dressing is programmed to pull your camera without letting the hit connect.

    Try it for yourself next time you're having mercy with some survivors.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835924#Comment_1835924

    That's aim dressing giving a false positive. You would have missed that swing anyway without aim dressing.

    A hit is a hit, a miss is a miss. Aim dressing doesn't turn a hit into a miss or vice versa, it happens AFTER the swing was registered as a hit or miss.

    Objectively not true

    Devs themselves have stated that hits which are predicted to connect may miss after being corrected by aim-dressing

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835924#Comment_1835924

    That's aim dressing giving a false positive. You would have missed that swing anyway without aim dressing.

    A hit is a hit, a miss is a miss. Aim dressing doesn't turn a hit into a miss or vice versa, it happens AFTER the swing was registered as a hit or miss.

    I think that is a better example of aim dressing ("auto aim") forcing the leatherface in this clip to hit the tree instead of me

    https://youtu.be/e8zyFL8LyBg


  • @RepostRiposte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1836422#Comment_1836422

    Objectively not true

    Devs themselves have stated that hits which are predicted to connect may miss after being corrected by aim-dressing

    Aim dressing was stated to make hits look like hits. They even show the collision boxes of both the hitbox and aim dressing box. They overlap and the aim dressing box is slightly bigger. That little difference is what makes this kind of stuff happen where you swing and the game pulls your camera to some object. That swing would have missed with or without aim dressing, but the aim dressing gives a false positive because it thought the hit was going to connect, thus your camera gets pulled. This is how the devs had explained it in the past, so unless they backpedaled on that yea, I'm just gonna call bullshit they ever said this.