Platform does NOT equal skill

20201223_132653.jpg

I've seen a lot of hate towards console survivors recently about how they play bad, never play injured etc, that's all wrong.

It all depends on the person behind the screen and even then every game is different, most situations are different. People are different.

That PC rank 1 Bill got props from me because he saved me from hook in EGC, just like a Bill would. The PS4 killer gave us a good game and managed to kill the cross platform survivors, awesome. You don't see me saying "Sweet jesus I barely made it out of there cause those awful PC monkeys. Huge skill gap. Computer bad."

No, this is what a good cross platform game looks like and could you believe it? A PS4 survivor survived. Thanks Bill.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835378#Comment_1835378

    I, like a lot of other people, cannot afford it. So I'm going to be keeping my Xbox One X for the forseable future.

    Understandable but don't expect BHVR to ever get the game performing well on anything but PC/Series X/PS5. Now that new consoles are a thing there is 0 reason to fix the problems on the old system.

    Series X is so much more powerful than One X it's literally not even funny. Borderlands 3 went from a 10 minute startup screen to ######### TWENTY SECONDS. Bro it's 1 and 1/2 Claptrap dances. That lil MF'er used to dance the entirety of Footloose before the game would start up. My load time in DBD is measured in single digits. Bar is full in like, 8 seconds not even, up to 99%. That last 1% is me waiting for everyone else LOL.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835194#Comment_1835194

    Really? Because ever since I was forced into crossplay with Xbox Series X I've come to find that a vast majority of the players in the crossplay pool are straight potatoes. As survivor or killer it's nothing but idiots all day. It doesn't matter the platform, it's the crossplay pool. I have had WAY more challenging games when I was able to turn of crossplay on Xbox. The survivors at red ranks actually deserve to be there, and red ranks are full of SWF on Xbox. Game is not even a challenge as killer in the crossplay pool. I had to try like 2 games ever, one was a Twins game on Ormond (and I was level 40 with ######### perks and this was like my 4th game ever as Twins), and then one game as Billy where despite getting a chainsaw in the first 15 seconds I was still struggling to keep up with the pace of the gens (Temple also so there's that).

    I despise playing killer now more because I get matched against total morons and it's not even fun half the time. I just run them over. Sometimes as ######### Clown.

    Sorry I just don't buy this BS. I think the "bad" players all go for crossplay while the "good" players turn it off for maximum sweat.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835314#Comment_1835314

    Buy a Series X. Literally all the frame issues go away (except for Lerys and sometimes Midwich, they still suck frames).

    My issues with PC are:

    1) IDK who the ######### I'm playing. Okay cool, your name is "John" there are like a million Johns on Steam. Can't even report the guy if the do something. Also I don't want to see offensive names like "Cock Mongler" and #########.

    2) Cheaters. I've already seen some people cheating on crossplay. Had EXACTLY 3 instances ever in Xbox only, all were lag switching (pre-dedi's) and twice was the same guy on the same day.

    3) PC killers still have a mouse which is a HUGE advantage, and apparently they have 0 ping because I always seem to get hit through walls or around corners, or some kind of BS where I'm like there is just no way that connected. IDK if it's connection or frame rates but it's mad shadey to get hit by a PC player a lot of the time.

    4) No way to communicate. Believe or not I do like to send out GG after a game. Can't do that with crossplay on.

    5) PC survivors are just THE WORST. And I don't mean skillwise, I mean attitude-wise. They are so ######### selfish and entitled. I could count on 1 hand the number of times I was just left to die because no one gave a ######### to save me with Xbox. On crossplay it's literally ever game, survivors will completely cuck you or not even stick their necks out a little to help you. Oh and I've stopped playing Spirit as much because any time I play a game people either DC, suicide on hook, or just try to meme with me. I've had like 1 normal game as Spirit since Series X came out, the rest is complete dumpster fire. Yea, there are Xbox players that hate Spirit, and yea some DC, but dear God it's not even close to how it is in crossplay. Spirit is borderline unplayable for me unless I want to meme all the time. PC players are so entitled it's disgusting.

    Dude no matter what I definitely think console survivors extremely trash. In my own experience they just don't know how to loop or be optimal. If I turn off cross play it's easy stomps 1 game after another. With cross play on I face way more sweats. If you aren't joking about sweats at red ranks I am gonna grind rank 1 blight tonight to see if I can find xbox sweats. Only good PC players turn off crossplay for the sweats. Console players do it for easy game.

    Also your pc issues except for 2 and 3 are subjective.

  • Thats weird on the one x make sure you constantly restart because of the memory leaks.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835378#Comment_1835378

    Dude no matter what I definitely think console survivors extremely trash. In my own experience they just don't know how to loop or be optimal. If I turn off cross play it's easy stomps 1 game after another. With cross play on I face way more sweats. If you aren't joking about sweats at red ranks I am gonna grind rank 1 blight tonight to see if I can find xbox sweats. Only good PC players turn off crossplay for the sweats. Console players do it for easy game.

    Also your pc issues except for 2 and 3 are subjective.

    It doesn't matter my reasons though. Being on Series X I am forced into crossplay if I want to play the game. I could have the most subjective reasons in the world, if I want to turn it off I should be able to but I'm not. And that's great you have this experience, I literally get nothing but idiots with crossplay on. I rarely get decent survivors or SWF that can actually challenge me (note I've been mostly playing Freddy and Pig since I got my Series X).

    FUNNY THING THO the mods here have said it's because Xbox One and Xbox Series X are different platforms. WRONG, and I have the proof.

    • First, there is the fact that LITERALLY NO OTHER GAME requires crossplay. Some it's not even an option. Yet I can still play with all other Xbox players just fine. In some games crossplay exists, but I have it off and still get matched with Xbox One players. Gears 4/5 are like this. If I was actually on a different platform I would need to use crossplay in these games too.
    • Second, new generation =/= new platform. This isn't 1996 anymore, a new console does not completely split the playerbase. The fact all these other games work and that I can be in a party with other Xbox players on Series X suggests it is in fact the SAME platform, just a new console. MS said with the Xbox One they are moving away from the old model (new console = new platform) and keeping everything on one platform (Xbox), just on different hardware. Like I can literally go play some Xbox games on my PC and it still considers me on Xbox. I'm not crossplaying, I'm playing on the Xbox app on PC and therefore it is Xbox.
    • Third AND THIS IS THE BIGGIE, since the last update I can actually play with crossplay off. However it is janky. I can't do it by myself. But I can turn off my crossplay, join an Xbox friend's lobby and we can search with crossplay off on Xbox only and get matched with Xbox players (One or Series X). However if I try to do this myself I just sit in a lobby forever. So I can only play without crossplay in a group. But just the mere fact this is a thing that happens means that I don't need crossplay to play with Xbox One players, and thus we are on the same platform. It is BHVR that ######### up the crossplay, because they want to eventually FORCE everyone into it. The fact that this is how Series X is treated and the fact that crossplay is on by default, AND by the fact that the system actually puts you in a separate pool and doesn't simply prioritize your platform and use crossplay to fill in the games is the evidence they are doing this.

    Sorry I know you didn't ask but I needed to rant. Points being I'm forced into crossplay when I don't want, and my experience is no where near what yours is and I hate it. If I got good survivors (both as killer and as survivor) then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But since I don't, it's insanely frustrating to deal with.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835457#Comment_1835457

    Understandable but don't expect BHVR to ever get the game performing well on anything but PC/Series X/PS5. Now that new consoles are a thing there is 0 reason to fix the problems on the old system.

    Series X is so much more powerful than One X it's literally not even funny. Borderlands 3 went from a 10 minute startup screen to ######### TWENTY SECONDS. Bro it's 1 and 1/2 Claptrap dances. That lil MF'er used to dance the entirety of Footloose before the game would start up. My load time in DBD is measured in single digits. Bar is full in like, 8 seconds not even, up to 99%. That last 1% is me waiting for everyone else LOL.

    I would reckon that most people still play on PS4 and Xbox One. So, I really hope they don't abandon us.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835459#Comment_1835459

    Thats weird on the one x make sure you constantly restart because of the memory leaks.

    Every 3 games I restart.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835462#Comment_1835462

    I would reckon that most people still play on PS4 and Xbox One. So, I really hope they don't abandon us.

    Just sayin' don't hold your breath.

  • I know I shouldn't, but I'm hoping BHVR finally makes good on their promises.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834291#Comment_1834291

    I play on Console and I am choosing to not play crossplay until Console is equal to PC. As it stands, by playing Killer on Console, I am at an inherent disadvantage.

    I caved and enabled crossplay occasionally even before PS5, mainly because then there was less survivors that spin and also less SWF's. Now that I'm PS5 you can tell the FPS difference immediately compared to PS4 and it's night and day.

    One very discernible example is that now I can actually avoid a pallet stun as Trapper by starting the bear trap animation instead of freezing. Also no problems with the deas hard. One thing that is still there sometimes is FPS drops when you get injured as a survivor and the killer has sloppy.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834357#Comment_1834357

    I caved and enabled crossplay occasionally even before PS5, mainly because then there was less survivors that spin and also less SWF's. Now that I'm PS5 you can tell the FPS difference immediately compared to PS4 and it's night and day.

    One very discernible example is that now I can actually avoid a pallet stun as Trapper by starting the bear trap animation instead of freezing. Also no problems with the deas hard. One thing that is still there sometimes is FPS drops when you get injured as a survivor and the killer has sloppy.

    I would love to get a next-gen Console, but again, money is tight for a lot of people rn and BHVR promised 60 FPS on the Xbox One and PS4. I expect them to deliver.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835467#Comment_1835467

    It doesn't matter my reasons though. Being on Series X I am forced into crossplay if I want to play the game. I could have the most subjective reasons in the world, if I want to turn it off I should be able to but I'm not. And that's great you have this experience, I literally get nothing but idiots with crossplay on. I rarely get decent survivors or SWF that can actually challenge me (note I've been mostly playing Freddy and Pig since I got my Series X).

    FUNNY THING THO the mods here have said it's because Xbox One and Xbox Series X are different platforms. WRONG, and I have the proof.

    • First, there is the fact that LITERALLY NO OTHER GAME requires crossplay. Some it's not even an option. Yet I can still play with all other Xbox players just fine. In some games crossplay exists, but I have it off and still get matched with Xbox One players. Gears 4/5 are like this. If I was actually on a different platform I would need to use crossplay in these games too.
    • Second, new generation =/= new platform. This isn't 1996 anymore, a new console does not completely split the playerbase. The fact all these other games work and that I can be in a party with other Xbox players on Series X suggests it is in fact the SAME platform, just a new console. MS said with the Xbox One they are moving away from the old model (new console = new platform) and keeping everything on one platform (Xbox), just on different hardware. Like I can literally go play some Xbox games on my PC and it still considers me on Xbox. I'm not crossplaying, I'm playing on the Xbox app on PC and therefore it is Xbox.
    • Third AND THIS IS THE BIGGIE, since the last update I can actually play with crossplay off. However it is janky. I can't do it by myself. But I can turn off my crossplay, join an Xbox friend's lobby and we can search with crossplay off on Xbox only and get matched with Xbox players (One or Series X). However if I try to do this myself I just sit in a lobby forever. So I can only play without crossplay in a group. But just the mere fact this is a thing that happens means that I don't need crossplay to play with Xbox One players, and thus we are on the same platform. It is BHVR that ######### up the crossplay, because they want to eventually FORCE everyone into it. The fact that this is how Series X is treated and the fact that crossplay is on by default, AND by the fact that the system actually puts you in a separate pool and doesn't simply prioritize your platform and use crossplay to fill in the games is the evidence they are doing this.

    Sorry I know you didn't ask but I needed to rant. Points being I'm forced into crossplay when I don't want, and my experience is no where near what yours is and I hate it. If I got good survivors (both as killer and as survivor) then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But since I don't, it's insanely frustrating to deal with.

    I cant comment on everything you say and the rant is fine but the theory is highly plausible. I could even continue on to say they want to force crossplay because they foresee the inevitable future of this game dying and wanting to mix the playerbase. that's a huge stretch but I'm just throwing ideas out there.

    But once again I think what you said does hold merit and I kinda want to look into it so thanks for telling me fox.

1 2 ›