I’m sad we haven’t had more Clown news yet.

Thought we’d get something news wise as a Christmas gift.

Slightly off topic: I’ve been having fun mixing up my (Santa) Clown slugging/anti heal build. Coulrophobia, Sloppy, TTS, Undying. Even for SWF teams TTS + Undying is still a major nuisance. Beautifully, by sheer coincidence, when starting this build, instances of OoO appeared in almost every match (genuinely this time, not because Undying fooled me). Well that survivor plan went straight down the drainpipe didn’t it... 🤣🤣🤣

”Oh no. You cleansed TTS instead of Undying? Now I get to put you though that same headache all over again.”

Comments

  • Yeah, I can't wait for the PTB. I wonder what they're gonna do with him.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    Yeah, I can't wait for the PTB. I wonder what they're gonna do with him.

    My guess is that there will be 2 additional gas effects. One that is switched out from his standard tonic, and one that’s only produced when he mixes the 2 gas clouds together.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833978#Comment_1833978

    My guess is that there will be 2 additional gas effects. One that is switched out from his standard tonic, and one that’s only produced when he mixes the 2 gas clouds together.

    Yeah, that adds up with what they showed in the Q&A. One of the addons mentioned something about an "Afterpiece Antidote" as well. Seems interesting.

  • It will probably take a while until the PTB for the Midchapter-Patch (last time, it was mid-February), so it would be quite early for News.

  • Jokes on you! being a Silent Hill fan I'm typically running:

    Untitled Image

    in all of my builds! (insert evil laugh here)

  • Personally I'm looking forward to the QoL improvements and other fun aesthetics- fun addons that reflect Teachables like the last few Killers, no grunting when vaulting a window, amazing TR music, and if I pray hard enough- jiggle physics return.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It will probably take a while until the PTB for the Midchapter-Patch (last time, it was mid-February), so it would be quite early for News.

    The changes will probably be revealed in January

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It will probably take a while until the PTB for the Midchapter-Patch (last time, it was mid-February), so it would be quite early for News.

    I’m greedy

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Jokes on you! being a Silent Hill fan I'm typically running:

    https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/028/665/041/medium/craig-cyrax-soul-guard.jpg?1595151076

    in all of my builds! (insert evil laugh here)

    Oddly, I don’t see this perk very often despite how insanely popular Undying + Ruin is. I don’t run that, but nonetheless I would expect to see survivor loadouts centred around dealing with Hexes.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    Personally I'm looking forward to the QoL improvements and other fun aesthetics- fun addons that reflect Teachables like the last few Killers, no grunting when vaulting a window, amazing TR music, and if I pray hard enough- jiggle physics return.

    Clown’s perks would be the hardest to transfer into add ons.

    An instant 25% gen regression for throwing a bottle at a gen would be out if the question.

    He already has Sulphuric Vial for Mangled, so again, an add on that reduces healing speed by half like Coulrophobia would be out of the question, especially if that again was stacked with actual Coulrophobia and Sloppy or Sulphuric Vial.

    Blocking a vault by throwing a bottle at it could be interesting, but again there would need to be strict limitations so it can’t be spammed, thus giving survivors no chance of escape at all.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833997#Comment_1833997

    Oddly, I don’t see this perk very often despite how insanely popular Undying + Ruin is. I don’t run that, but nonetheless I would expect to see survivor loadouts centred around dealing with Hexes.

    I can see why it isn't too popular. I rarely get to use it because killers rarely slug me and if they do there's usually no hex totem (anymore). If I wasn't a Silent Hill fan I would probably run something that comes into play more frequently.

    But it feels so awesome when it really does something for the team. I had 1 awesome match in particular.

    It was a Hag that tried to NOED-slug the entire team. I allowed her to down me on purpose after 99-ing an Exit Gate, then crawled to the slugged teammates using Tenacity while the Hag was searching for the slugs all over the map, then got up because of NOED hex, picked them up and we made it to the gate together.

    It felt so good to use the element of surprise.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834007#Comment_1834007

    I can see why it isn't too popular. I rarely get to use it because killers rarely slug me and if they do there's usually no hex totem (anymore). If I wasn't a Silent Hill fan I would probably run something that comes into play more frequently.

    But it feels so awesome when it really does something for the team. I had 1 awesome match in particular.

    It was a Hag that tried to NOED-slug the entire team. I allowed her to down me on purpose after 99-ing an Exit Gate, then crawled to the slugged teammates using Tenacity while the Hag was searching for the slugs all over the map, then got up because of NOED hex, picked them up and we made it to the gate together.

    It felt so good to use the element of surprise.

    Beautiful.

    Sounds fitting for my other post about sheer luck perk choices.

  • Yeah, this would be my guess as well. But I would say end of January is the most likely.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833998#Comment_1833998

    Clown’s perks would be the hardest to transfer into add ons.

    An instant 25% gen regression for throwing a bottle at a gen would be out if the question.

    He already has Sulphuric Vial for Mangled, so again, an add on that reduces healing speed by half like Coulrophobia would be out of the question, especially if that again was stacked with actual Coulrophobia and Sloppy or Sulphuric Vial.

    Blocking a vault by throwing a bottle at it could be interesting, but again there would need to be strict limitations so it can’t be spammed, thus giving survivors no chance of escape at all.

    I'm looking forward to the party bottles. They actually made a meme addon that wasn't just "your power is terrible now", they made one which is "your power is terrible now, but you have confetti to show for it".

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834014#Comment_1834014

    I'm looking forward to the party bottles. They actually made a meme addon that wasn't just "your power is terrible now", they made one which is "your power is terrible now, but you have confetti to show for it".

    I’m totally going to run this add on, hide in the basement, and when the survivors get curious enough to wonder where I am and find me, we’re gonna “party in the basement”

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834032#Comment_1834032

    I’m totally going to run this add on, hide in the basement, and when the survivors get curious enough to wonder where I am and find me, we’re gonna “party in the basement”

    Oh my god, I have to do this if they release the addon as it is.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    Personally I'm looking forward to the QoL improvements and other fun aesthetics- fun addons that reflect Teachables like the last few Killers, no grunting when vaulting a window, amazing TR music, and if I pray hard enough- jiggle physics return.

    Yeah, something like a Red head's pinky finger rework where hitting a survivor directly results in 2x regression speed

  • @ZtarShot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1833998#Comment_1833998

    Yeah, something like a Red head's pinky finger rework where hitting a survivor directly results in 2x regression speed

    I also agree RHPF should be changed. Clown doesn’t need exposed. I always suggested that it should remove the direct hit requirement, but make survivors Oblivious until injured or downed. Would make for great run n gun style gameplay. Inflict Oblivious onto a group of survivors, then some of them can snuck up onto later

  • Since they go on christmas break the ptb most likely is almost ready for january i guess

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It will probably take a while until the PTB for the Midchapter-Patch (last time, it was mid-February), so it would be quite early for News.

    Mid-February-PTB was actually Deathslinger's PTB. The last two MidChapter-PTBs were mostly on the second week of January, right after people came back from their holiday vacations. Wouldn't be surprised if it will be similar this year. So far Behaviour doesn't seem like they go way off theyr usual schedule.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Thought we’d get something news wise as a Christmas gift.

    Slightly off topic: I’ve been having fun mixing up my (Santa) Clown slugging/anti heal build. Coulrophobia, Sloppy, TTS, Undying. Even for SWF teams TTS + Undying is still a major nuisance. Beautifully, by sheer coincidence, when starting this build, instances of OoO appeared in almost every match (genuinely this time, not because Undying fooled me). Well that survivor plan went straight down the drainpipe didn’t it... 🤣🤣🤣

    ”Oh no. You cleansed TTS instead of Undying? Now I get to put you though that same headache all over again.”

    I really like clown the way he is and hope they don’t turn him into an easy killer like Freddy but I am optimistic judging by the doctor and bubba reworks

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215208/i-m-sad-we-haven-t-had-more-clown-news-yet

    I really like clown the way he is and hope they don’t turn him into an easy killer like Freddy but I am optimistic judging by the doctor and bubba reworks

    I don’t believe they’ll go down the over bloated Freddy route. I’m pretty confident they’ll keep Clown very chase focused.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835005#Comment_1835005

    I don’t believe they’ll go down the over bloated Freddy route. I’m pretty confident they’ll keep Clown very chase focused.

    Hope so