How would you change - The Legion
I am going to regret this one, amn't I?
Welp, like Piggy, Plague, and Spirit—here's a post asking how you would change The Legion, our favorite gang of stabby teenagers.
Before that, however, allow me to shut down a few ideas that I've heard too much
"All Legion members should be in a game"
That would require reworking their entire customization system due to having all the members in a game. Furthermore, we have the Twins and they're camp central—let's not go down that road (and that's not even talking about how much those 2 broke the game at launch).
"Maybe they teleport via lockers?"
I... don't get this one. It addresses literally none of Legion's problems and its effectiveness is determined by the maps, which is awful.
Comments
Here is how I would change Legion, since it's quite a long post, I will just paste a link.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/203546/the-legion-giving-the-legion-some-qol-changes-almost-complete-add-on-rework
You have some good changes, but some are questionable.
For example, Legion's TR is increased by 8m because of killer instinct. Anyone within that 40m TR is highlighted—decreasing that would be more detrimental than anything.
Instead of 134, please have it be 135. Sorry, my OCD triggering me.
nerf to the Sketchbook was unnecessary, imo. I do support it being a purple instead of a Green, however.
If you introduce varying vault speeds, maybe the fast vault should be faster than 0.9 secs? Maybe have it be 0.5 like a survivor's fast vault?
Joey's mixtape has 2 effects, one being pretty... meh. Silent vaults won't be too helpful.
I like the idea of chained hits increasing speed. That's a nice feature.
Julie's is a bit much. Pair that with Monitor, and you have a 16m TR like Myers. Neat idea tho.
The Blades aren't that good. Maybe instead they should increase the difficulty of the skillchecks?
Frank's Mixtape isn't amazing, but better than what we have rn.
The Pin's are okay, but I think the time could be increased since they're going to be spending a good portion of it mending too.
Fuming Mixtape needs changes. I do think it's a decent add-on, but you're not in Frenzy enough to utilize it.
Here's what I would do:
The main issue with Legion's power was the exploits related to Deep Wound and chase mechanics. Anyone who moonwalked with Legion is an #########, but you can't do that anymore since Deep Wound doesn't go down unless the survivor stops running. Plus, you can actually juke a Legion into missing their swing, unlike the stabfest before. Legion also cannot see scratch marks OR blood pools while in Frenzy, giving you the ability to lose them easily unless highlighted with killer instinct, which you wouldn't be if you were suffering from Deep Wound.
This is to provide more counterplay against Feral Frenzy. If a Legion misses a swing, you will get a significant amount of distance on them. However, the decreased cooldown on successful hits would reward the Legion for using their power well.
In all honesty, I very much enjoy how Legion currently plays. I might be in the minority there, but yeah.
In my opinion, they only need a handful of base kit buffs and an add on pass.
For Base Kit, they need to not lose half their power on a successful M1, or lose their whole power on picking someone up in Frenzy. Maybe lower the charge time some? Like I legit don't know why Frenzy has a 20 second recharge time. It isn't strong enough for that slow of a charge.
For Add Ons, Franks Mix Tape and Stab Wound Study need to do something else completely. Fuming Mix Tape at the very least needs to keep Gens visible after stabbing someone with Frenzy. Pins (other than iri) need a buff... maybe don't require Killer Instinct? Also I'd maybe like to see the detection range add ons buffed slightly so the brown is 8m, yellow is 12m, and green is 16 instead of the current 4/8/16.
Don't touch my Frank's Mix Tape D:< (unless it's to buff the damage >:D)
Stab Wound Study sucks though, if it reduced the time by 7.5 seconds instead of 5 then it'd actually be worth running with Frank's Mix Tape.
The base kit changes I agree with, losing half your power on an m1 sucks. It made sense for old Legion, but not when you can't even down anybody in Frenzy. 20 second charge time is stupid as well, that's worse than Spirit.
I don't think their gameplay regarding their power needs changing but they most definitely need an add on pass and base kit buffs.
Base Kit:
Addons:
As a bonus they should edit their mori to have all 4 members perform it instead of only the one you are currently playing.
I... y'know you are one of the only people I've seen who likes Frank's Mix Tape. Just curious, what about it do you like? Because I look at it and I just... can't see it working. You need to Frenzy stab someone with deep wounds 4 times with a 24s cool down (ignoring rulers) each time for just one down. Just... how is that useful?
I like downing people in Frenzy. That's about it really. It's absolutely not useful, and needs a buff to the damage it causes, but it's so fun to use.
I know I'm not alone in my appreciation of Frank's Mix Tape, just ask @Tatariu
You wanna know something I see happening?
They reduce the DW timer to 15 secs and nerf Frank's to be 5 secs per stab.... but then forget to nerf Stab Wounds that removes 5 secs of the DW timer. Old Legion will return with a vengeance.
I played legion earlier and he sucks.
I hit a survivornwith his powet and the survivor just kwpt doing the gen up brcause thwy know he cant downcthwm woth his power.
His almost useless and pointless playing
I've never actually played Legion, but from what I've heard online I think changing Feral Frenzy from an activatable power to a meter building power might be interesting. Have Legions base movement rate be either the same or slightly higher than Survivors, and while in a chase, Feral Frenzy builds, once it reaches a certain point you enter the crouchy chase mode and gain fast vaults and a faster move. Essentially making Legion into a "Oh no they found me I need to end this chase NOW or else I don't stand a chance." Granted this makes Legion really good at tunnling and has almost no map pressure, but I think it sounds like fun. Plus it makes timing pallets and flashlights more important, instead of just dropping a pallet whenever you pass it.
A semi guaranteed down in around 30 seconds with double very rares really isn't so bad when things like iri head/infantry belt Huntress and Tombstone piece Myers exist.