Discouraging Suicide on the Hook

I've always been of the opinion that the best way to discourage a behavior is to ENCOURAGE the opposite. I strongly suggest providing BP bonus and Emblem advancement of a significant amount. In short, make it worth the while for the Survivor (even dying on their very first hook) to stick it out through both stages and struggle to the end. Let them cut some good out of that bad situation.

If struggling to the end actually earns them more, they are less likely to disconnect and leave the other Survivors in a bad situation. Either that, or simply remove the whole struggle aspect and just require people to sit there. I don't think that is the best plan. Offer them an incentive to fight it out.

Comments

  • You know what I want? For ######### to not wait until I've run across the map to try to unhook themselves. They don't get it often, obviously but when it happens you can't replace all that wasted time.

  • @kaijudane said:

    You know what I want? For ######### to not wait until I've run across the map to try to unhook themselves. They don't get it often, obviously but when it happens you can't replace all that wasted time.

    That is a valid gripe too, although not really related to what I'm giving feedback on. I'm giving feedback on how to keep people from suiciding on the hook. :)

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1829442#Comment_1829442

    That is a valid gripe too, although not really related to what I'm giving feedback on. I'm giving feedback on how to keep people from suiciding on the hook. :)

    To be completely fair, folks that want to leave a match (for whatever reason it is) don’t care about pips or bp. It would have to be some insane amount of bp to get someone that doesn’t want to play against the 8th strider spirit in a row to not suicide.


    im not condoning suicide on hook, just stating the obvious.

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1829445#Comment_1829445

    To be completely fair, folks that want to leave a match (for whatever reason it is) don’t care about pips or bp. It would have to be some insane amount of bp to get someone that doesn’t want to play against the 8th strider spirit in a row to not suicide.

    im not condoning suicide on hook, just stating the obvious.

    Sure, some people will leave regardless... but I submit that some people will stick the 2 minutes if it means the match isn't a total loss.