Hey. I'm new to this forum and until now found everything to be normal, as any other forum. But today I responded to someone and my comment was put on hold for reviewing.
What does that mean? Does it happen when you quote several people?
There is a spam filter in place. Ideally it's supposed to flag the actual spam posts and get rid of them and nobody else will even know it's there. But unfortunately it's not perfect, so sometimes it'll flag a legitimate post as spam.
When this happens, the post goes into a queue for the mods to review. If it's spam, we get rid of it for real (possibly ban, where needed). If it's not spam, we click a button and the post will appear.
Basically it's just the spam filter mistakenly thinking your post is spam. Don't worry if you see that message, it just means that a mod has to check the spam queue and approve it.
Sometimes making edits a lot will also flag it for spam. My first post, I typed it up, and semi-proofread, but when I actually posted it, I kept seeing errors, so I edited whenever I saw one, and it got flagged for spam.
Sometimes making edits a lot will also flag it for spam. My first post, I typed it up, and semi-proofread, but when I actually posted it, I kept seeing errors, so I edited whenever I saw one, and it got flagged for spam.
I do edit a lot cause my phone keeps doubling words I write
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It just happens sometimes. I'm not sure what triggers it but it's incredibly annoying.
It could be due to you being new since they're trying to cut down on the spam posters and perhaps @Peanits or @MandyTalk can help.
There's occasionally a bug with the spam filter, it takes the mods to fix it .
There is a spam filter in place. Ideally it's supposed to flag the actual spam posts and get rid of them and nobody else will even know it's there. But unfortunately it's not perfect, so sometimes it'll flag a legitimate post as spam.
When this happens, the post goes into a queue for the mods to review. If it's spam, we get rid of it for real (possibly ban, where needed). If it's not spam, we click a button and the post will appear.
Basically it's just the spam filter mistakenly thinking your post is spam. Don't worry if you see that message, it just means that a mod has to check the spam queue and approve it.
Sometimes making edits a lot will also flag it for spam. My first post, I typed it up, and semi-proofread, but when I actually posted it, I kept seeing errors, so I edited whenever I saw one, and it got flagged for spam.