It’s time. Let’s default all descriptions to actual useful numbers!
First, as has been discussed ad nauseum, let’s get rid of “slightly / moderately / considerably” and use actual numbers. You guys know why, so I’m not going to elaborate here.
But the other thing I want to see is MORE numbers, deeper descriptions. For example, Let’s say I’m a new player and I have a brown medkit with 16 charges. I put in this shiny green add-on that removes 8 charges, but let’s me heal really fast. Fast sounds good so—- oh, whoops!
Sure would be nice if the medkit description told you how many charges are needed to recover a health state. Similar information could be added into toolbox descriptions as well.
Basically, I’m asking for all such information to be available from the loadout screen so that players can do quick math in their head and not accidentally screw themselves over when trying out certain combinations.
Comments
Sounds pretty dope, plus it would actually put pressure on BHVR to make the addons actually useful numbers wise.
Unfortunately BHVR takes decades for things like QoL changes.
Maybe we can see this in DbD 2
If they don't cut and run with the current one that is.
Well hopefully. However, @chieften333 has a good point about what numbers would reveal. There’d be rioting in the streets when players realize that this add-on decreases charge-up time by 0.2 seconds and that add-on increases range by 1.5 meters. I other words, useless. (Random numbers, but you get my point.)
You're preaching to the choir here unfortunately...
My understanding is they don't do this in part because they think it will overwhelm new players. Which makes no sense to me. But also because they like to change values behind the scenes to test perks for a better balance.
I get that, especially adjusting add-ons and such. But I think it’s more overwhelming for new players when they have to search online just know how many charges are required to heal. This is basic, and important info that should be included in the tooltip descriptions.
I absolutely agree with that!
YES YES YES
By the way, increasing "considerably" luck... sorry but 3% more luck is not what I call "Considerable"