Ive seen a lot of forum posts with mixed opinions on if you can get punished for using wiggle/struggle macros and most of the posts are 1+ years old. Has there been any recorded bans of them? I don't wanna get banned but at the same time I don't wanna ruin my keyboard.
Ive seen a lot of forum posts with mixed opinions on if you can get punished for using wiggle/struggle macros and most of the posts are 1+ years old. Has there been any recorded bans of them? I don't wanna get banned but at the same time I don't wanna ruin my keyboard.
Just bind your wiggle key to the scroll wheel. It's basically like a macros even though it isn't one!
Ive seen a lot of forum posts with mixed opinions on if you can get punished for using wiggle/struggle macros and most of the posts are 1+ years old. Has there been any recorded bans of them? I don't wanna get banned but at the same time I don't wanna ruin my keyboard.
Just bind your wiggle key to the scroll wheel. It's basically like a macros even though it isn't one!
Ive seen a lot of forum posts with mixed opinions on if you can get punished for using wiggle/struggle macros and most of the posts are 1+ years old. Has there been any recorded bans of them? I don't wanna get banned but at the same time I don't wanna ruin my keyboard.
Just bind your wiggle key to the scroll wheel. It's basically like a macros even though it isn't one!
Can I also bind it to struggle?
Yes, you can! I heard a lot of survivors bind it to their scroll wheel to avoid wearing down their key board!
You could always use a controller and just spin the left stick around. Way easier than mashing A and D.
With a controller it actually doesn’t matter whether you move the stick left and right, so long as you’re actually moving it. I’ve also noticed you seem to be able to influence the direction you cause the Killer to be moved by wiggling it around the respective side. Though it may be a challenge if you’ve never used a controller before. I personally find it easier to play as Survivor with a controller.
No, you won't be banned for that.
If you want a macro for A and D check this: https://github.com/rlevet/dbd-autowiggle
For space, just bind Wheelup or wait for the dbd-autospace
But as always, it's use at your own risk. We won't actively hunt you down and ban you for it, but if EAC detects it and starts banning for it, we won't be able to help you.
Yes you can get banned for that, dont spread false information.
If EAC detects yuor macro, BHVR wont give a damn about your situation and you have a perma banned account because you didnt want to struggle manually.
But as always, it's use at your own risk. We won't actively hunt you down and ban you for it, but if EAC detects it and starts banning for it, we won't be able to help you.
Remove wiggle and space spamming. Its bad for your keyboard and requires no skill. Also its very annoying for other people who happen to be present in the room. Not everyone plays in an dedicated private game room.
That sort of spamming isn't healthy for a keyboard.
The wiggling one I can get more behind, but the space bar one is actively pointless.
Half the time, the game decides to sacrifice me anyways because the killers internet had a spike in ping or whatever BS reason. Either way it's really annoying.
But as always, it's use at your own risk. We won't actively hunt you down and ban you for it, but if EAC detects it and starts banning for it, we won't be able to help you.
Remove wiggle and space spamming. Its bad for your keyboard and requires no skill. Also its very annoying for other people who happen to be present in the room. Not everyone plays in an dedicated private game room.
But as always, it's use at your own risk. We won't actively hunt you down and ban you for it, but if EAC detects it and starts banning for it, we won't be able to help you.
Remove wiggle and space spamming. Its bad for your keyboard and requires no skill. Also its very annoying for other people who happen to be present in the room. Not everyone plays in an dedicated private game room.
I'm not going to disagree with you, but I work remotely and I'm not a part of the design team. I just deal with reports and some support tickets.
At the very least give us more time between hitting space in struggle state, maybe even once per 2 seconds would be good. Right now if I hit struggle i just take the death because now my Space bar is getting worn out and im not ready to shell out 70+for another keyboard cause of this game.
At the very least give us more time between hitting space in struggle state, maybe even once per 2 seconds would be good. Right now if I hit struggle i just take the death because now my Space bar is getting worn out and im not ready to shell out 70+for another keyboard cause of this game.
Consider going into the controls menu and setting that action to be mouse scroll wheel.
Yes, would be totaly unfair to be banned for a wiggle/struggle macro.
A lot of players actually do it. And bruh if I get banned for this, it's probably because BHVR wants us to break our keyboards to buy new ones xd
Seriously it doesn't give any advantages it only prevents to break our keyboard.
So yeah if you start banning macros, everyone will have the same opinion as me (at least, every survivor main)..
So yeah for me last solution is to autoscript and I will promote this as for me and the community it's fair.
Autowiggle I can understand you don't like it but autostruggle seriously..
Can we push this into the next q and a video? Either the, shall give us an explicit answer to use it or not to use it, or they should finally get rid of these game mechanics after nearly 3 years. This game should be fun, and not an annoying keyboard breaker. This game needs so many QoL patches, it's insane that the Devs haven't done much in nearly 3 years
Already did it. They answered me to ask EAC about checking it out, I’m waiting for a answer. Is 100% this way, I never touched anything else, just didn’t want to ######### my keyboard
Already did it. They answered me to ask EAC about checking it out, I’m waiting for a answer. Is 100% this way, I never touched anything else, just didn’t want to [BAD WORD] my keyboard
The website where I got the macro has 20comments with DETECTED. We all got banned for wiggle and struggle scripts...
It replicates a series of key presses. You can also put it on a loop for repetitive actions like wiggling or struggling on the hook.
oh so it would be useful if you dont want to break everything while struggling
It would be if not bannable by EAC system...
R.I.P my remote then because I broke 2 or 3 remotes on struggle and wiggle, I drift like a motherf***er
Feel bad for you man... I got banned on my main, level 50 on steam, 1000 hours on csgo 400on dbd and many other games
No joke, sprint lock on my favorite controller, my second favorite has a terrible drift to where if I stop moving I will look up, my current controller has drift on both analog
This is why you shouldn't use stuff you know could very well get you banned if EAC gets twitchy. Now there's nothing that can be done; ban appeals will likely fall on deaf ears.
They updated eac! Now AUTO HOT KEYS are bannable guys. It is not a coincidence my acc got banned today and everyone is writing on the post that was banned today
They updated eac! Now AUTO HOT KEYS are bannable guys. It is not a coincidence my acc got banned today and everyone is writing on the post that was banned today
Macros have always been bannable, since they're third-party software. Apparently, they just never triggered EAC.
That is why you don't download 3rd party tools to do it.
EAC detects 3rd Party program running... BOOM done.
Should have spent some money on a razor keyboard or mouse and did it there. How would EAC ban you for detecting your own driver software.
Edit:
3rd Party programs have to send windows messages to DBD in order for presses, clicks etc to be seen.
The Devs mentioned long ago that EAC would be looking at messages being sent by other programs to DBD. This was during the Botting days.
You mouse or keyboard driver have the ability to send them properly through the driver software. Those drivers are performing the macros as if you were pressing the buttons normally.
There is a big difference when your driver is sending the messages to DBD, compared to a external 3rd party program.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The official statement we have is pretty clear.
If you get banned by EAC for using macros, the devs are not gonna help you. "use at own risk"
even if eac doesnt detect them atm, that might change some day and be aware that cheating will lead to an instant perma bann
Can I also bind it to struggle?
Way easier than mashing A and D.
With a controller it actually doesn’t matter whether you move the stick left and right, so long as you’re actually moving it. I’ve also noticed you seem to be able to influence the direction you cause the Killer to be moved by wiggling it around the respective side.
Though it may be a challenge if you’ve never used a controller before. I personally find it easier to play as Survivor with a controller.
No, you won't be banned for that.
If you want a macro for A and D check this:
https://github.com/rlevet/dbd-autowiggle
For space, just bind Wheelup or wait for the dbd-autospace
I worked hard for that kill dammit and you shall feel the burn of my hatred in that finger!
THE BURN I SAY!
Has anyone? No, not at this time.
But as always, it's use at your own risk. We won't actively hunt you down and ban you for it, but if EAC detects it and starts banning for it, we won't be able to help you.
Yes you can get banned for that, dont spread false information.
If EAC detects yuor macro, BHVR wont give a damn about your situation and you have a perma banned account because you didnt want to struggle manually.
Whether you wanna take this risk is up to you
Remove wiggle and space spamming. Its bad for your keyboard and requires no skill. Also its very annoying for other people who happen to be present in the room. Not everyone plays in an dedicated private game room.
I played a lot of Rock Band/Guitar Hero, so I have a lot of practice with both hands. xD
If I'm not sure I'll do well on the wriggle, and I might get away, I'll switch hands for easier alternating.
If you do it... use your driver software. For example if you have a razor mouse or keyboard. Their software allows you to setup macros and that.
Don't download a 3rd party macro tool to do it.
They really should change it or something though.
That sort of spamming isn't healthy for a keyboard.
The wiggling one I can get more behind, but the space bar one is actively pointless.
Half the time, the game decides to sacrifice me anyways because the killers internet had a spike in ping or whatever BS reason. Either way it's really annoying.
I'm not going to disagree with you, but I work remotely and I'm not a part of the design team. I just deal with reports and some support tickets.
The answer is above, it's use at your own risk.
Regarding struggle/wiggles being just "hold this button" rather than mashing, that has also been asked on multiple dev streams in the past.
and it should happen, tbh. the left side of my space bar is absolutely knackered since I started playing this game.
At the very least give us more time between hitting space in struggle state, maybe even once per 2 seconds would be good. Right now if I hit struggle i just take the death because now my Space bar is getting worn out and im not ready to shell out 70+for another keyboard cause of this game.
Yes, would be totaly unfair to be banned for a wiggle/struggle macro.
A lot of players actually do it. And bruh if I get banned for this, it's probably because BHVR wants us to break our keyboards to buy new ones xd
Seriously it doesn't give any advantages it only prevents to break our keyboard.
So yeah if you start banning macros, everyone will have the same opinion as me (at least, every survivor main)..
So yeah for me last solution is to autoscript and I will promote this as for me and the community it's fair.
Autowiggle I can understand you don't like it but autostruggle seriously..
And, in theory, EAC only blocks autoscripts spamming and doesn't ban the using of them
Eac update I got banned for wiggle script.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/JustTheAndy
On my main .... I have so many cool games -_-
macros? what the f**k is a macro
I'm checking now, and that's not why. Not going to go into details here as we do not discuss bans in public.
If you'd like to make an appeal, send a ticket to https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us
It replicates a series of key presses. You can also put it on a loop for repetitive actions like wiggling or struggling on the hook.
Already did it. They answered me to ask EAC about checking it out, I’m waiting for a answer. Is 100% this way, I never touched anything else, just didn’t want to ######### my keyboard
oh so it would be useful if you dont want to break everything while struggling
The website where I got the macro has 20comments with DETECTED. We all got banned for wiggle and struggle scripts...
It would be if not bannable by EAC system...
R.I.P my remote then because I broke 2 or 3 remotes on struggle and wiggle, I drift like a motherf***er
Feel bad for you man... I got banned on my main, level 50 on steam, 1000 hours on csgo 400on dbd and many other games
No joke, sprint lock on my favorite controller, my second favorite has a terrible drift to where if I stop moving I will look up, my current controller has drift on both analog
Wait, you got banned on multiple games?
the big ouch rip
Nope. I was just saying that I got banned on my main that costs $$$....
15 years of service ...to get banned now on dbd.
If you were banned on Steam that's one thing. If you were banned on DbD, it shouldn't have influenced other games.
Man other games are ok . BUT I HAVE A GAME BAN! My steam is now trashable....
O_o
Open source macro I checked it out before using it....
Assuming you're not lying about the macro, it's a ban you can explain. You don't have to trash your entire account because of one ban, that's absurd.
Scripts are bannable...
This is why you shouldn't use stuff you know could very well get you banned if EAC gets twitchy. Now there's nothing that can be done; ban appeals will likely fall on deaf ears.
They updated eac! Now AUTO HOT KEYS are bannable guys. It is not a coincidence my acc got banned today and everyone is writing on the post that was banned today
Macros have always been bannable, since they're third-party software. Apparently, they just never triggered EAC.
LULS
That is why you don't download 3rd party tools to do it.
EAC detects 3rd Party program running... BOOM done.
Should have spent some money on a razor keyboard or mouse and did it there. How would EAC ban you for detecting your own driver software.
Edit:
3rd Party programs have to send windows messages to DBD in order for presses, clicks etc to be seen.
The Devs mentioned long ago that EAC would be looking at messages being sent by other programs to DBD. This was during the Botting days.
You mouse or keyboard driver have the ability to send them properly through the driver software. Those drivers are performing the macros as if you were pressing the buttons normally.
There is a big difference when your driver is sending the messages to DBD, compared to a external 3rd party program.