Has Anyone Been Banned For Using Wiggle/Struggle macros?

Ive seen a lot of forum posts with mixed opinions on if you can get punished for using wiggle/struggle macros and most of the posts are 1+ years old. Has there been any recorded bans of them? I don't wanna get banned but at the same time I don't wanna ruin my keyboard.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • what if I have AHK running for other reasons?
    and what about Logitech software to create macros?

  • @cetruzzo said:
    what if I have AHK running for other reasons?
    and what about Logitech software to create macros?

    Turn it off.

  • @TheBean said:
    LULS

    That is why you don't download 3rd party tools to do it.

    EAC detects 3rd Party program running... BOOM done.

    Should have spent some money on a razor keyboard or mouse and did it there. How would EAC ban you for detecting your own driver software.

    Edit:

    3rd Party programs have to send windows messages to DBD in order for presses, clicks etc to be seen.

    The Devs mentioned long ago that EAC would be looking at messages being sent by other programs to DBD. This was during the Botting days.

    You mouse or keyboard driver have the ability to send them properly through the driver software. Those drivers are performing the macros as if you were pressing the buttons normally.

    There is a big difference when your driver is sending the messages to DBD, compared to a external 3rd party program.

    Check how ahk works before talking

  • @JustTheAndy said:

    Scripts are bannable...

    They updated eac! Now AUTO HOT KEYS are bannable guys. It is not a coincidence my acc got banned today and everyone is writing on the post that was banned today

    No, it's not. I tested it myself personally and I was still able to use a macro without getting banned. Though I wouldn't recommend downloading from websites with hacking in its name, that's just playing with fire.
  • @Peanits said:
    JustTheAndy said:

    @JustTheAndy said:

    Scripts are bannable...

    They updated eac! Now AUTO HOT KEYS are bannable guys. It is not a coincidence my acc got banned today and everyone is writing on the post that was banned today

    No, it's not. I tested it myself personally and I was still able to use a macro without getting banned. Though I wouldn't recommend downloading from websites with hacking in its name, that's just playing with fire.

    So what’s the reason? I compiled the script by myself after downloading it...No malware or other things. Dbd can check my acc is legit... Eac answered me I used third part programs....Never used something else than macro.(AutoHotKey program)
    And every single one on the forum said autohotkey became detected.
    (NOT IF YOU USE IT 1 TIME FOR 30 MINUTES)

  • @Peanits said:

    @redsopine1 said:
    @Peanits but you can help by brining these questions to them and finding out what ones are allowed and what's not allowed to use?

    The answer is above, it's use at your own risk.

    Regarding struggle/wiggles being just "hold this button" rather than mashing, that has also been asked on multiple dev streams in the past.

    @Peanits said:

    @JustTheAndy said:
    Eac update I got banned for wiggle script.
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/JustTheAndy

    I'm checking now, and that's not why. Not going to go into details here as we do not discuss bans in public.

    If you'd like to make an appeal, send a ticket to https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

    @Peantis can we take this as confirmation that it's okay to use a binding for struggle such as this? https://github.com/rlevet/dbd-autostruggle

    I miss playing Survivor and can't since my hand surgery.

1 2 ›