Devs, can console please get in game chat!

sometimes i always get pc players as survivors and im the only console player...I want to be able to text them after the game not in a toxic way but just tell them what they could have did better or why they didnt do something during game...its so frustrating how we have crossplay but cant even really connect with the other players or talk to them at all. I have a pc friend i enjoy playing with all the time and we are both really good and during que times we cant even talk with each other or tell each other if we are about to sign off. I feel like we deserve in game chat as well...plus we could be getting talked about in chat after game without even knowing.

Comments

  • I have no idea if there's any special challenges with getting console manufacturers to agree to it or something, but if it's possible I honestly see no downside as long as the ability to close/hide it is there ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

  • I second this. I know this may sound hard to believe, but I try to be really positive with post-game chat. There have been many times I wanted to compliment a Killer or Survivor and I couldn't cause they were on Console.


    Poor Console peasants.... :(

  • @oxygen said:

    I have no idea if there's any special challenges with getting console manufacturers to agree to it or something, but if it's possible I honestly see no downside as long as the ability to close/hide it is there ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    right like fortnite and some other games have in game chat, for this type of game we need to have it , it can be useful at times esp times when most of your survivors are potato heads ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    I second this. I know this may sound hard to believe, but I try to be really positive with post-game chat. There have been many times I wanted to compliment a Killer or Survivor and I couldn't cause they were on Console.

    Poor Console peasants.... :(

    Yeah same its sad they really need to look into this

  • They're not going to. Peanits said a couple months ago that it's not even on their radar because they feel that typing with a controller takes too long to make it worth it.

    Yes, I'm dead serious, that was said.

  • @oxygen said:

    I have no idea if there's any special challenges with getting console manufacturers to agree to it or something, but if it's possible I honestly see no downside as long as the ability to close/hide it is there ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    I doubt there's any serious issue. Cod: MW and the new Cold War both have in-game chat to PC from console, so DbD are imo, making excuses to not add it.

  • Console play don't need chat. The PS messages are toxic as it is dont need people to be more horrible with chat after the game.

  • I honestly think it is a blessing in disguise you guys don't have chat on the console. There are a few rare games were people will be pleasant (on victory, and more rarely on a loss), but I'd say 60% of comments at least are toxic.

  • I agree, even if typing takes longer they should still be able to gg if they want to, or at least see ggs. I know a lot of people say "toxic this toxic that" but honestly lets be real, if you didn't play like a c*nt then most of the time people gg.