Anyone else seeing an uptick in hackers?
Today alone I've just gone against 3.
Everytime I broke a pallet they seemed to be ludicrously far away. At first I just chalked it up to latency, but when I got near an injured one they just zoomed away. They do it so much that they're always out of sight while in a chase.
That's why I'm deciding to keep crossplay off until that crap is dealt with.
This happened in 3 separate matches, each about an hour or two apart. Not sure if it's confirmation bias or not. But have y'all encountered more speed hackers recently?
Comments
I was fortunate enough to not encounter any hackers for 50 games+ (at least none that I noticed). I consider this a very impressive streak.
I hope one day the DEVs will invest into some sort of anti cheating software to protect the game and the players. As of now, the only way to expose and prosecute hackers is through video evidence provided by the victim.
Consider yourself lucky
I think they already use an anti cheat system, but it obviously doesn't work.
Oh yeah, I should have written "some sort of working anti cheating software"
No offense but crossplay was hot dogshmt the moment it came out. It wasn't balanced at all and different consoles meant different latencys and frame rates thus leading to bs hits and downs, facecamping, tunneling, laggy matches, etc etc.
I'm glad you're seeing the issue now but I think you should've turned off crossplsy from first few moments it came out. You're a little late.
In any case, most you can do about speedhackers is either record and report or DC and hope you don't find them again.
No, but I also haven't been playing as much lately.
I have bumped into hackers in the past though. I report them with video evidence every time; even though it accomplishes nothing since I'm on console and can't grab their Steam ID (assuming they aren't on windows store).
Only survivors for some reason, or at least obviously. Probably because killers actually get banned
More common, and less and less being done about them.
Have you ever tried to open a ticket to report a hacker? It can take weeks or even MONTHS before it's processed.
Not really, since crossplay was introduced it's hardly something I think about. I usually see a blatant hacker once a month maybe, and it's a 4-5 minute match anyways, so who cares. I have only seen a hacker bully squad once in my entire life.