We need a piggy buff...
As a Piggy Main, I am a little bit tilted how she is balanced. She is in an okay spot. Not good or either bad. But Rules NO.2 is an add-on? I mean really? Cmon. It is so annoying that I have four Jigsaw boxes staying around and they can easily rush it down to get their helmet off. I knew the people who said, "You can control the game with it." No. I can't especially on higher ranks above 10. The Jigsaw boxes are instantly highlighted and the survivors don't hesitate to finish the Gen. Please dear Devs... I am begging you. Make Rules NO.2 as a permanent power. It would help so much and put piggy in a good spot. I don't need more then. That would be enough. Well, one thing... Amanda's letter is quite a nerf to yourself so... buff it or I will never use it. I mean there are a lot of posts to buff Amanda why don't you do it? She is not even Tier 1 or 2 she is probably Tier 3 which sucks. Devs... do something with her... I am begging you. Thank you. Oink.
Comments
I gotta agree with you here. I love playing killers that make the survivors scared of you, and unfortunately only really Nurse and Myers can do that at the moment and still be effective. This is the buff that Peppa The Pig needs.
She only has, like, 4 addons that are actually good. Her Ambush counters itself and is largely a trash ability/"power".
The only buff she needs is the removal of her Ambush roar, but one of the DbD devs confirmed in a livestream that they aren't going to remove the roar... or buff her in general. They didn't even comment on her balance as it stood.
....that actually sucks since while she ain't bad. The buff is necessary, especially when two out of three of her perks are absolute crap. They also need to fix the balance bug where survivor's can crawl through the exits....even when they have a trap on their head....WHAAAAA!?
Why is the survivor seeing the box any different than the killer seeing generators? I think if you remove that than there should be something added to the game as a balance whether it be a survivor perk that slows down the timer or a skill check that can be triggered to add 5 or 10 seconds to the timer and have a one and done feature. And yes I do play both sides and I think that the head trap is the pigs most powerful asset. I see them sneak constantly so I feel its not a strong point for them. Giant pink head kinda gives it away lol
Pig is fine. She can do well and isn't too overpowering. One of the more balanced killers of the game. If she needed anything perhaps a self activation of the trap after 40 seconds instead via a generator completion.
One thing that can be added in my opinion that we should see more than grass. I mean it makes quite a sense to crouch but... cmon it is more annoying at it helps. Sometimes I just don't to crouch because I wouldn't see anything or I would miss survivors. Also, thank you for all your posts! I highly appreciate that you all take your time and give your opinions. Quite funny and learning to read them.
Let's hope that the Devs are buffing our piggy.
Thank you all for your posts and upcoming posts! Love ya! Oink.
No problem, hopefully they do, and like I said, if they took the ability to see survivor's auras in a range of 12 meters while crouching from Amanda's Letter, that actually would help that issue, along with rule no.2 being a permanent buff. Those basic buffs with the addons being reworked will fix the issues. Still, I hope they see the feedback and buff the poor piggy.
I don't consider the Pig weak. She's arguably above average to strong, but you have to play her meticulously, run certain perks, AND have incredible in-game judgment to use her traps to maximum effectiveness.
The problem is that her stealth aspect is the worst part about her, and offers almost no benefit to her whatsoever beyond negating her terror radius temporarily. However, Ambush is crap, and it's usually better to try and pick people off of generators by just standing back up. Until Ambush can hit people during Sprint Burst if she catches them off guard, it won't be an overall effective ability.
Buffing the speed of Ambush was something I was vehemently against, but nowadays I'm wondering if it would be the best option. However, a change like this--to counter JUST Sprint Burst--just continues to make the other fleeing perks that much less attractive of a choice.
Ditching the Ambush roar is still my single, favored buff choice, but trap RNG and Ambush speed aren't bad alternatives. By design, she's one of the most anti-tunnel killers, but her powers don't hold up very well for that in upper ranks because her pressure is gated behind RNG (like Freddy).
When I say overpowered I mean she isn't a top 3 killer or low tier compared to Freddy. She's in a sweet spot. I definitely don't think she needs anything adjusted to a large degree. The Rule No.2 addon could do with a secondary buff but I don't think it should cloak boxes by default as that would make it too far strong on larger maps and I do feel like the sizes of the maps reflect her effectiveness as a killer. I do agree that Amanda's Letter should give at least three traps not one though.