Who else watches streamers instead of playing?

I've never had a game cause more anxiety than dead by daylight. LOL For every good match I easily have five terrible ones where I'll either be outmatched by someone far more experienced, or worse, toxic. Because of this there have been so many nights when I will fire the game up only to immediately turn it off and watch uploaded YouTube videos instead.

It might not be that big of an issue if the MMR was up and running again, but in it's current state practicing with new killers is pretty daunting since you're expected to compete while you practice, and getting stomped over and over while I get marginally better isn't exactly my idea of fun.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • U can practice new killers on a Smurf account.


    I watch my own replay videos to see why I lost. Good loops, where the hatch was, etc.


    Ppl keep telling me to watch like noob3 and stuff. I did but meh... Those are for noobs.

  • @noctis129 said:

    U can practice new killers on a Smurf account.

    I watch my own replay videos to see why I lost. Good loops, where the hatch was, etc.

    Ppl keep telling me to watch like noob3 and stuff. I did but meh... Those are for noobs.

    Oh believe me I have and I do! But it still doesn't help the anxiety that comes with this game. The game needs better matchmaking and it needs a better way to practice, because spending an evening getting worked over can be better spent doing something else imo.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1810751#Comment_1810751

    Oh believe me I have and I do! But it still doesn't help the anxiety that comes with this game. The game needs better matchmaking and it needs a better way to practice, because spending an evening getting worked over can be better spent doing something else imo.

    Better matchmaking and better ways to practice is not going to fix ur anxiety.


    U just have play SO MUCH, so that u no longer get anxiety playing dbd.


    I was like u when I started. I get worked up. Dying on first hook, tunnel, camp, toxic survivors screwing me over, stealing my item, doing all gens by myself just to die at the end while others leave me for dead, swf teams using me as a blockade so they can escape while sacrificing me as a shield.


    U actually don't even have to play to get worked up. Just look at the entitled survivors on this forum who doesn't even know they are entitled. They get worked up pretty bad. Even the ppl who should remain impartial and bias'less become mad.


    I know I have a lot of opinions but there's truth to my opinions, and ppl can't handle the truth.


    U have to grow a thick skin which I been preaching about ever since I started to comment on the forums.


    U can tunnel and camp me to death, I don't sweat. It is a bit frustrating when playing killer though. Top tier survivors are extremely OP, but nobody going to nerf them. I'm 99% survivor now. Ppl's hate messages don't bother me no more.

  • It's a weird one. When I haven't played killer in a while I kinda have to force myself to do it, like what if I do bad and they try to bully me etc

    But if that does happen it doesn't really phase me, the idea of it is worse than the thing in itself for some reason?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    I've never had a game cause more anxiety than dead by daylight. LOL For every good match I easily have five terrible ones where I'll either be outmatched by someone far more experienced, or worse, toxic. Because of this there have been so many nights when I will fire the game up only to immediately turn it off and watch uploaded YouTube videos instead.

    It might not be that big of an issue if the MMR was up and running again, but in it's current state practicing with new killers is pretty daunting since you're expected to compete while you practice, and getting stomped over and over while I get marginally better isn't exactly my idea of fun.

    I recently developed a nack for not caring about winning/4k so my stress has gone done tremendously. As for steams maybe on a saturday morning when I'm feeding my newborn twins I'll watch for awhile since I'm just sitting there but TIME is MONEY the one thing we never get back so I aint wasting it watching someone else play the game I want to play. Never understood that one. Meh

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1810759#Comment_1810759

    Better matchmaking and better ways to practice is not going to fix ur anxiety.

    U just have play SO MUCH, so that u no longer get anxiety playing dbd.

    I was like u when I started. I get worked up. Dying on first hook, tunnel, camp, toxic survivors screwing me over, stealing my item, doing all gens by myself just to die at the end while others leave me for dead, swf teams using me as a blockade so they can escape while sacrificing me as a shield.

    U actually don't even have to play to get worked up. Just look at the entitled survivors on this forum who doesn't even know they are entitled. They get worked up pretty bad. Even the ppl who should remain impartial and bias'less become mad.

    I know I have a lot of opinions but there's truth to my opinions, and ppl can't handle the truth.

    U have to grow a thick skin which I been preaching about ever since I started to comment on the forums.

    U can tunnel and camp me to death, I don't sweat. It is a bit frustrating when playing killer though. Top tier survivors are extremely OP, but nobody going to nerf them. I'm 99% survivor now. Ppl's hate messages don't bother me no more.

    Here's the thing though, telling someone to simply "grow a thicker skin" doesn't solve anything. That being said, you're not wrong either. The entry bar for newer players is ridiculously high as the game doesn't teach you how to play. Because of that most of us have turned to streamers for not only a source of information, but for entertainment.

    Now granted the only way to get better at any game is to actually play it, but most multiplayer games have building blocks in place to help teach you how to play, or at the very least a multiplayer mode that doesn't crank the difficulty to 11 when you hop in.

    DBD has been out for over 4 years now, and BHVR desperately needs to implement something if they ever hope to to lure newer players, because in all honesty if my friends weren't playing this game I would have dropped it like a bad habit months ago.

  • ive been quite burned out lately

    might start getting back into it once when i start doing the tome level 4 challenges, but right now im just super bored with the game.

  • Watched for a while at first. Then played on mobile. And plan to get it for Xbox now.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Watched for a while at first. Then played on mobile. And plan to get it for Xbox now.

    Which xbox?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1810775#Comment_1810775

    Here's the thing though, telling someone to simply "grow a thicker skin" doesn't solve anything. That being said, you're not wrong either. The entry bar for newer players is ridiculously high as the game doesn't teach you how to play. Because of that most of us have turned to streamers for not only a source of information, but for entertainment.

    Now granted the only way to get better at any game is to actually play it, but most multiplayer games have building blocks in place to help teach you how to play, or at the very least a multiplayer mode that doesn't crank the difficulty to 11 when you hop in.

    DBD has been out for over 4 years now, and BHVR desperately needs to implement something if they ever hope to to lure newer players, because in all honesty if my friends weren't playing this game I would have dropped it like a bad habit months ago.

    'Here's the thing though, telling someone to simply "grow a thicker skin" doesn't solve anything.'


    It actually solves most problems. It let's ppl play the game for what it is without getting worked up.


    Playing killer requires even a thicker skin due to all the hate messages u will be receiving.


    It is my opinion that there should be a unranked match mode where they nerf the killer so bad, that survivors can learn and 'have fun. Aka 'easy mode.


    Having a thicker skin helps the community and this forum, along with any other pvp games ppl might be playing.


    Dbd is not a fun game. It is a frustrating and addictive game.

  • Ehh, i watched TrU3 for a while, was kinda fun, taught me about lunges.

    Then i got bored of watching, most streamer's attitudes are also not my thing.

    I like giving a small donation to small streamers if i think they did very well, they're often more appreciative of them.

  • Its bugged on one s. U start the game and 2 seconds in, and the game freezes, than crashes. Go checkout the bug section on the forums.


    It happens about 5% of the time. Enough to get dc penalty quite frequently. Temporary ban.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1810903#Comment_1810903

    'Here's the thing though, telling someone to simply "grow a thicker skin" doesn't solve anything.'

    It actually solves most problems. It let's ppl play the game for what it is without getting worked up.

    Playing killer requires even a thicker skin due to all the hate messages u will be receiving.

    It is my opinion that there should be a unranked match mode where they nerf the killer so bad, that survivors can learn and 'have fun. Aka 'easy mode.

    Having a thicker skin helps the community and this forum, along with any other pvp games ppl might be playing.

    Dbd is not a fun game. It is a frustrating and addictive game.

    "Dbd is not a fun game. It is a frustrating and addictive game."

    You're certainly not wrong about that! As I said you're not wrong, but I've learned that adopting a carefree attitude can only take you so far. It's hard to not care when the matchmaking is so unbalanced that you keep getting stomped over and over. I've turned off messages so I don't have to worry about toxicity other than what's displayed in the game, but the unbalanced nature of DBD is it's greatest downfall.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1810961#Comment_1810961

    Its bugged on one s. U start the game and 2 seconds in, and the game freezes, than crashes. Go checkout the bug section on the forums.

    It happens about 5% of the time. Enough to get dc penalty quite frequently. Temporary ban.

    I've had games crash before. And it stank but it doesn't bother me too much. And I've got enough other games to keep me busy.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1810957#Comment_1810957

    "Dbd is not a fun game. It is a frustrating and addictive game."

    You're certainly not wrong about that! As I said you're not wrong, but I've learned that adopting a carefree attitude can only take you so far. It's hard to not care when the matchmaking is so unbalanced that you keep getting stomped over and over. I've turned off messages so I don't have to worry about toxicity other than what's displayed in the game, but the unbalanced nature of DBD is it's greatest downfall.

    Yea.. But what can we do? I think the answer is pretty simple.


    Red ranks only matched w red ranks. Purple w purple, green w green, and so on.


    Thats how I would have liked it.

  • I thought it was just me.

    I don't play as much as i used to for the same reason as you which is anxiety (regardless if i play solo survivor or killer).

    Solo is absolute hell for obvious reasons and killer, while a bit easier than solo is just too stressful to me so i don't play it that much.

    I can only really have fun in a SWF these days

  • I'm stillg onna watch a couple favorite killer streamers once in a while, but not gonna play either role for a while and more than likely will only play survivor any more if I do pick the game up again if queue times are fine at that time. This was the game on ps5 that I decided to delete to install the day 1 cyberpunk 28gb update last night. And on pc it's been moved from ssd to hdd since i don't expect to touch it for a couple or few months at least. The forums and steam discussions will be more entertaining for a while, kinda like it was with fellout 76 reading about the disaster it was , all the bugs, and watching all the fanboys attack everybody defending their broken game or their purchase lol.