Perk changes | Distressing

Distressing

Your horrifying emanation strikes at a supernaturally long distance.

Your Terror Radius is increased by 8 meters.

Gain 50/75/100% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Deviousness category.


What changed?

  • Distressing now applies flat 8 meter Terror Radius increase, also now at all tiers.
  • Bloodpoint gain now scales with the tier of the perk.


What do you think?

Comments

  • I've always found the 26% thing kinda weird, feels like an outdated description. I'm assuming thats 8M on a 32M killer. This would be more in line with the way newer perks are treated so this would be a good change.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I've always found the 26% thing kinda weird, feels like an outdated description. I'm assuming thats 8M on a 32M killer. This would be more in line with the way newer perks are treated so this would be a good change.

    It's slightly more than 8 meters, since 8 meters is exactly 25% of 32 meters. I really don't understand why they didn't go with a nice, clean 25% initially.

  • I mean, your changes haven't provided any reason to run the perk on its own. I get that its a combo perk, but even Thrill of the Hunt does something if it is your only Hex in your loadout. Distressing on the other hand just makes things harder for you because you give more warning of your approach. However if you added this... then maybe:

    Survivors in your terror radius repair, heal, and sabotage 3/4/5% slower.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I mean, your changes haven't provided any reason to run the perk on its own. I get that its a combo perk, but even Thrill of the Hunt does something if it is your only Hex in your loadout. Distressing on the other hand just makes things harder for you because you give more warning of your approach. However if you added this... then maybe:

    Survivors in your terror radius repair, heal, and sabotage 3/4/5% slower.

    I guess you're right. I exclusively use it on my Doctor when using Calm for obnoxiously large Static blast range or insanely long Calurophobia/sloppy heals. It would be nice to see it get another function but we already have unnerving presence for skill checks and Caulro for heals

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803599#Comment_1803599

    I guess you're right. I exclusively use it on my Doctor when using Calm for obnoxiously large Static blast range or insanely long Calurophobia/sloppy heals. It would be nice to see it get another function but we already have unnerving presence for skill checks and Caulro for heals

    That's why I suggested the minor debuff that I did. That doesn't really overlap any current perks we have. Also the numbers on that should be low enough to keep the "Larger TR" the main focus of the perk and not make the debuff overwhelming since the Survivors can't turn it off. Also that would make it work a bit better with Unnerving. If you were repairing a gen in a Distressing TR then Unnerving makes you miss a skill check, you end up losing 8.8s of work instead of just 8.

  • ...If we're going to buff Distressing than could we also tweak its BP bonus to be useful? Because in-trial BP modifiers are pretty much worthless (hence why most killers use BBQ & Chili while perks like Distressing/Thrill of the Hunt/Beast of Prey go mostly unused unless someone just wants their main effect).

    Allowing perks like these to increase a category's cap by 25% (raising it by 2,000 BP) would probably be a good step.

    If they were feeling really generous though, they could even allow perks like this to award double post-trial BP based on the category they affect (ie, if you earned 5,000 Deviousness points in a trial, then Distressing would give you an additional 5,000 when the trial ends). It'd certainly go further towards reducing the grind that keeps building up.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I mean, your changes haven't provided any reason to run the perk on its own. I get that its a combo perk, but even Thrill of the Hunt does something if it is your only Hex in your loadout. Distressing on the other hand just makes things harder for you because you give more warning of your approach. However if you added this... then maybe:

    Survivors in your terror radius repair, heal, and sabotage 3/4/5% slower.

    I like your idea! I wasn't really going to buff the perk, I just wanted to make it more consistent with Killer's that have different Terror Radius', also flat 8 meters looks so much better than 26%.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803599#Comment_1803599

    I like your idea! I wasn't really going to buff the perk, I just wanted to make it more consistent with Killer's that have different Terror Radius', also flat 8 meters looks so much better than 26%.

    That's perfectly fair. Your changes to it were good and necessary, I just... also think Distressing needs a buff. Like it legitimately makes your job harder if you aren't running synergizing perks.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803782#Comment_1803782

    That's perfectly fair. Your changes to it were good and necessary, I just... also think Distressing needs a buff. Like it legitimately makes your job harder if you aren't running synergizing perks.

    Of course it needs a buff! Like @APoipleTurtle mentioned above, it would be great if it awarded points post-trial, instead of during the trial, so it can be at least used as a bonus Bloodpoint perk!