Myers Isn't As Strong As People Think He Is

Intro

Myers is one of the 2 remaining Killers who has the wrong amount of add-on rarities, and the Developers have acknowledged they're going to do an add-on rework so he has the proper number of add-ons, and hopefully less useless ones as well. However unlike Nurse, Freddy, Doctor, Hillbilly, Bubba, and soon, Clown and (I'm pretty sure) Huntress, his base power isn't being reworked or tweaked at all. Nurse has had her base power tweaked multiple times, and baby Survivors have been complaining about Billy and his ability to "go across the map in seconds, and then down you instantly with no counter play," (yeah sure, no counter play) for years so his nerf was no surprise, and I believe I heard about a Huntress base kit nerf that's coming with her add-on rework, however by comparison Freddy was by far the worst killer ever released in DBD, Doctor was bad due to very bad design which made him tedious and frustrating, Bubba was in a similarly bad situation when he was reworked, and Clown is considered the worst or one of the worst killers in the game right now. There is a concerning similarity between the 3 that have been reworked already, which is Freddy was incredibly difficult for babies, Doctor was frustrating for babies because of his great tracking, and Bubba was frustrating because of his camping potential, but I really hope this wasn't the sole reason they buffed them, because Myers is actually pretty weak in my, and most good players opinions, but he isn't really frustrating to go against so that might be why the Developers aren't planning on buffing his base. He is quite weak though, so I'll be going over his weaknesses, and potential solutions.

The Problem

So the thing about Myers is he has 3 Tiers of power. He starts out in Tier 1, and he is limited to 105% (4.2 m/s) which is quite slow, and against good survivors he will generally be starved of his power for at least a minute (I usually can starve him pretty long), and he has no ability to catch up. I understand he's supposed to be quite weak in Tier 1, and then power up and be much stronger in Tier 3, but his Tier 1 is so bad from being 105%, and his Tier 3 isn't really crazy strong either. His vault speed isn't bad (especially paired with Bamboozle, which makes him vault at essentially a Survivor's fast vault speed), and his extra lunge range isn't so bad either, but pre-dropped pallets make it essentially useless.

I understand pre-dropping counters basically everybody, but most high tier killers can technically play downed pallets. Nurse and Spirit obviously can. Hag can actually leave downed pallets and trap them which creates a mind-game of whether you'll teleport or not, Pyramid Head can stab the ground and wait until you vault, Doc can shock and deny the vault, Deathslinger can shoot you over and get a hit sometimes, Huntress can also hit you when you vault and throw over some loops, Freddy and Clown can play the more unsafe pallets by slowing them down while they loop, Billy, Bubba, Blight, Demo, and Oni can't really play them but they can zone and break the pallet nearly instantly after it's thrown so they might get the hit after, and Blight can also catch up with his power really quick after the pallet break. These are obviously a lot easier said then done (and it's usually better to just break the pallet), but the point is the killer has options. Myers can't really do anything, except bloodlust (which might be gone at some point), and hope he can get a hit because of the extra 0.1s of lunge but it really isn't likely.

Myers wasn't bad a few years ago, because people hid more, and players weren't as efficient. Being 105% in early game wasn't such a huge deal, but now moving 105% is actually super painful and can cost 2-3 Gens before you even get the ability to hit someone (Tier 2).

Another problem with Myers is he's just outclassed by other killers. Oni is just far superior as a killer who powers up, Ghostface is a better stalking killer, both Chainsaws have better 1-shot abilities, and Plague is a better killer at keeping everyone 1-shot. Finally if the Developers require an issue with the killer where he's un-fun/bs for survivors, I'm sure many would agree Myers stalking multiple players, and then in your first interaction he just stalks you for 1 second and then 1-shots you because he got right behind you is pretty annoying, so there's your reason.

Myers is meant to be a super threatening figure in the horror world. He is iconic like Jason, and Freddy, but in the most popular horror game, he is hot garbage. That is a problem. Honestly, all the licensed killers have been/are in a weak state, so a rework to any of them would be good, because it sucks seeing such iconic killers be so weak :(

Solutions

I have lots of ideas on how to buff Myers, and solve some of the problems I laid out. First off, I would make multiple changes to his different tiers of Evil Within (specifically Tier 1 and Tier 3

Tier 1

  • Grants the Undetectable status
  • Slightly decreased movement speed (4.4 m/s)
  • Slightly decreased lunge (0.1)
  • Regular vaulting speed

Most of this description is unchanged. The main change is his Tier 1 would be 110% rather then 105%. I also suggested increasing the lunge slightly, but that can remain the same to be honest. Shouldn't really be lunging in Tier 1 anyways so the lunge can remain the same honestly.

Tier 2

  • Moderately decreased terror radius (16m)
  • Regular movement speed (4.6 m/s)
  • Regular lunge speed (0.5s)
  • 12.5% increased vault speed (1.4875s)

Once again, there is essentially no change to his Tier 2. Something I might consider is slightly increasing the vault speed, or giving a small breaking speed bonus (5%?) so his Tier 2 has a more noticeable difference, and is more threatening, but I honestly I don't think it needs much of a difference.

Tier 3

  • Map wide terror radius (or just a massive terror radius, like 64m)
  • Regular movement speed (4.6 m/s)
    • Movement speed can increase up to (4.8 m/s)
  • Slightly increased lunge range (0.6s)
  • 25% faster vault speed (1.275s)
  • 15% faster Gen/Pallet/Wall breaking speed
  • Tier 3 lasts 60 seconds before automatic Tier down
    • Tier 3 downs slightly increase duration

So this clearly has quite a few changes that I think would make Myers more interesting and threatening in Tier 3, without being super oppressive. The Map wide terror radius would still be directional, and with Myers terror radius I think it would be super cool (his chase music is still one of my favorites). I also increased his vault speed a bit more, and gave him free brutal strength as an additional bonus for his chase potential (which is basically equivalent to an Oni or Demo pallet breaking with their power).

I also mentioned his movement speed would increase up to 4.8 m/s aka 120%, and that downing a survivor would increase the duration of his Tier 3. This was an attempt to make him more unique from the killers who outclass him, and stronger obviously. The idea is that Myers would be able to consume his stalk duration twice as fast (maybe only 33% faster), while holding the button for stalking (since stalking in Tier 3 is pointless) but get a movement speed increase in return. The speed increase could be +0.2 m/s maybe more, maybe less (less would probably be useless). But if you stop "Stalking" then you'll go back to 4.6 m/s and you're Stalk duration will go back to the normal pace. The other addition I had to his Tier 3, was that downing a Survivor would increase your Tier 3 by a slight amount (to make up for the faster consumption, otherwise his Tier 3 would be quite short). Obviously the Devs could tinker more with values if they wanted, but the base value I liked was 15s.

Some Other Base Kit Changes

I also felt some changes are necessary for how his stalk is. In it's current state it can take a very long time to gain stalk, and I feel for how slow it is from a far distance is just dumb.

  • The Stalk efficiency decreases with distance ranging from 1.0 SP/s (6s) to 0.5 SP/s (12s)

I also feel that the limitation in how much you can stalk someone is pretty low. I definitely think the restriction on how much you can stalk someone should be lessened. An alternate solution I had was instead of the downing survivor duration bonus, you could have unlimited stalk on all survivors (this could also be an add-on).

The final change I had to Myers is more of a quality of life, and it would solve the annoyance survivors face when the Myers just 1-taps you when he first sees you:

  • Stalking to full will no longer fully Tier you up. You must press the active ability button, after filling up the Stalk meter to Tier up.
    • Tiering up will trigger a 1.5s grace period or a "Tier Up Phase"
    • Terror radius gradually increases for the duration of the Tier Up Phase
    • During Tier Up Phase you see Survivors auras (or Killer instinct) for 3s

Similar to when Oni collects all his blood orbs, Myers won't instantly Tier up, or need to have his stalk 99'd. He will gain the option to Tier up after getting 10 SP. It could also result in some players maybe being able to make some Tier 1 stealth plays, since they don't have anything to lose from staying Tier 1 and going for a grab (now even getting the grab is a loss, since you can't tier up). Myers would remain almost stationary during this period, his Terror radius would increase from 0 to 16 and 16 to Map-Wide during this period, and I thought he could get some tracking for a little while as a result of Tiering up as well, but that isn't quite necessary.

Add-Ons

With a lot of these changes (and basically to try and prevent the Developers from creating more useless add-ons), there's a lot of potential to create new and unique add-ons:

Ultra Rare

Fragment Tuft of Hair

  • Unlimited Tier 3 Duration
  • Lose ability for Tier 3 down bonus duration
  • Increase required SP requirements for Tier 3 by 10

Judith Tombstone

  • Gain ability to Kill Survivors instantly in Tier 3
  • Decrease m/s by 0.2 (4.4 m/s)
  • Lose ability to increase m/s during Tier 3 (Maybe?)
  • Increase required SP requirements for Tier 3 by 10

Ultra rares remain largely unchanged, minus losing the parts of his ability I thought of that would conflict with the add-on or make him potentially OP. I also felt for Tombstone the m/s decrease (currently 9%) is way too harsh, and should either not exist at all or only be 2.5 or 5%

Very Rare

Scratched Mirror

  • See Survivors auras within 32m
  • Cannot exit Tier 1
  • Decreases m/s by 0.1
  • Increase Tier 1 lunge by 150% (0.25s)
  • Same BP bonus(es)

Vanity Mirror

  • Downing Survivors in Tier 3 will show all other Survivors for 3s

Scratched Mirror isn't actually that bad, and does serve it's purpose pretty well (especially on indoor maps). I do think with Scratched Mirror he should be 107.5% so he can potentially play on other maps besides indoor maps. Since he's stuck in Tier 1, I also increased his base Tier 1 lunge to allow for more add-on combos with it, especially since Boyfriend's Memo essentially does nothing currently. Vanity Mirror on the other hand is horrible, and serves no purpose except to be used as a meme for Burger King Myers, so I gave it what would be an actually pretty useful extra tracking ability.

Tombstone Piece

  • Increases Tier 3 m/s bonus by +0.2 m/s (5.0 m/s)

Hair Bow

  • Increases Tier 3 down bonus by 10s (25s)

Currently I think it just doesn't make sense to have to add-ons that can mori survivors (especially since the Purple is actually better then the Pink currently), so I gave it a very strong buff related to one of my base kit change ideas (again the m/s increase can be tinkered with. +0.2 m/s might be useless, I only went with it to keep the theme that every Tier you increase by 0.2 m/s). For Hair Bow (and Hair Brush later in the add-on list) I changed it to relate to increase the down bonus I came up with, since 5 add-ons that increase Tier 3 duration is probably too many.

Rare

Lock of Hair

  • Increase Tier 3 duration by 15s (75s)
  • Decreases Tier 3 down bonus by 5s (10s)

Jewelry Box

  • Decreases Tier Up duration by 40% (0.9s)

For Lock of Hair it'll still increase the duration, but as a drawback it will slightly decrease the bonus from downing survivors, and I thought Jewelry Box could do something pretty unique (similar to Top Knot and Toy Sword), rather then another Stalk speed increase.

J Myers Memorial

  • Increases stalk rate by 24%

Judith Journal

  • Increases stalk rate by 40% for only your Obsession

Mirror Shard

  • After stalking a survivor for 3s, you see their aura for 3s

Left these add-ons relatively unchanged. I slightly changed the Memorial add-ons to give both Memorials more rounded numbers. I changed the Mirror Shard to work for all tiers, as a result of changing the effects of the 2 fragment add-ons (since they're both pointless).

Uncommon

Dead Rabbit

  • Decreases Tier 2 Terror Radius by 12m

Memorial Flower

  • Increases stalk rate by 12%

Jewelry

  • Increases stalking m/s by 20%

Changed Dead Rabbit slightly to compensate for the map-wide Tier 3 terror radius (if you dislike that idea, leaving it unchanged should be fine. Consider giving it set values, or making the percents effected by perks). As mentioned earlier Memorial Flower was changed slightly because I liked these values better, and I left Jewelry unchanged since I actually don't know how much it increased the stalking m/s

Hairbrush

  • Increases Tier 3 down bonus by 5s (20s)

Glass Fragment

  • Increase Tier up aura tracking duration by 2s (5s)

Hairbrush is just a lesser version of Hair Bow, and Glass Fragment (as well as Reflective Fragment) increases the tracking duration from the Tier Up Phase.

Common

Reflective Fragment

  • Increase Tier up aura tracking duration by 1s (4s)

Tacky Earrings

  • Increase stalking m/s by 10%

Both these add-ons are just lesser versions of their counterparts.

Blond Hair

  • Decrease Tier 3 duration by 20s
  • Award hit score points for Tier 3 downs
  • Award 50% extra BP for stalking

Boyfriend's Memo

  • Increase vault speed in Tier 1 by 12.5% (1.4875s - Same as Tier 2)

The Developers are big fans of making brown meme add-ons (technically both Mirrors are the meme add-ons, but Scratched Mirror is actually solid), and since Boyfriend's Memo is really only used with Scratched Mirror, and I incorporated an increased Tier 1 lunge in the add-on, I figured give it a different cool, but useless effect.

Conclusion

Michael Myers is an awesome licensed character, who was actually the first licensed Killer DLC, and the 2nd DLC to be added, which has given him lots of time to become outdated, and outclassed. As such an intimidating, and scary character he deserves to see some buffs to try and make him higher tier, rather then mid tier (which is what most people seem to think he is), or even low tier (which is where I think he is in my opinion). If only a few of the many suggestions I made could be accepted I would say:

  • Make his Tier 1 faster, preferably 110%
  • Add the Tier Up Phase
  • Give Tier 3 some extra amount of lethality

I don't honestly expect the Developers to look over this and say "Yeah let's do this!" but I would really like to see Myers get more then just an add-on rework as such an iconic killer who is sadly very under-powered. I hope anyone who read this enjoyed reading these suggestions. Feel free to leave comments and questions on any of my changes or any changes you would make. I hope the Developers can see this and give Myers the rework I believe he deserves.

Comments

  • Buffs i would give to Myers:

    1. T1 110% movement speed, undetectable status effect. This would be unique because you could choose your playstyle, either stealthy or instadown.

    2. Remove stalk limit.

    3. T3 120% movement speed.

  • Buffs i would give to Myers:

    1. T1 110% movement speed, undetectable status effect. This would be unique because you could choose your playstyle, either stealthy or instadown.

    2. Remove stalk limit.

    3. T3 120% movement speed.

  • Buffs i would give to Myers:

    1. T1 110% movement speed, undetectable status effect. This would be unique because you could choose your playstyle, either stealthy or instadown.

    2. Remove stalk limit.

    3. T3 120% movement speed.

  • I've been saying for a while that EW1 is simply outdated and hinders micheal too hard. I was quite annoyed when on stream they said he was fine and had no plans for him.

    Good players decimate him. He has no chase power

  • Having map wide terror radius or simply very huge terror radius is basically undetectable I would say, I like most of these changes tho.

  • These are my ideas:

    @LapisInfernalis said:

    Since Myers is one of the 2 remaining Killers, who don't conform with the add-on rules (the other being Huntress), I thought of how I would do a little add-on rework for our Stalky Boi. This also includes some buffs to him as well since he's a bit outdated/ powercreeped. I tried to keep the original idea of the add-ons in mind while making them a bit more interesting.

    These are just examples. Please give me constructive criticism and don't kill me, ok?

    BUFFS

    Evil Within I:

    • Grants the Undetectable Status Effect
    • Grants Detection Immunity <- The same as before the addition of the Undetectable Effect. To hinder Spine Chill, Object & Premonition to give any information on Myers. Makes early stalking somewhat easier.
    • Slightly decreased Movement speed (110 %). <- (was 105%) To give him some extra mobility at the beginning and to get Stalk a bit easier
    • Slightly decreased Lunge range (open time: 0.4 s). <- (was 0.2 s) I don't know the exact value Boyfriend's Memo adds, but I thought of this. i.e. Gives room for another add-on with Scratched Mirror.
    • Regular Vaulting speed (1.7 seconds)

    Why? Myers' EWI is more a hindrance than anything else. Good Survivors or a ######### map (looking at you Coldwind Farm!) can starve you of stalk, making it extremely hard to get to EWII. The slow MS and no bloodlust make it even harder. Therefore the MS buff to 110%. Detection Perks are quite problematic in EWI as well. Even if the Survivors can't hear you (except they hear your Darth Vader like breathing), they still get notified by Spine Chill, a very commonly used perk, even in red ranks. That survivor is GONE, before you have the chance to stalk. Same goes for Premonition or Object. Object still lights up, when you are looking at the killer, giving you a direction where he is.

    But wouldn't that be too strong? No. You want this game to be a bit scarier, don't you? I loved the dread at the beginning of the match when you didn't know what killer it was. I was always on the lookout for a Myers sneaking around. I would like to have that back. By chosing a good positioning, you can make it really hard to grab you from the gen.

    Evil Within II:

    No changes.

    Evil Within III:

    • Regular Terror Radius (32 metres).
    • Regular Movement speed (115 %).
    • Slightly increased Lunge range (open time: 0.6 s).
    • Moderately reduced Pallet (and Breakable Wall) breaking time (15%) <- Make him more dangerous. Like a litte Brutal Strength.
    • Moderately increasing Pallet stun recovery (25%) <- Same as above. Like a little Enduring.
    • Moderately increased Vaulting speed (1.275 seconds).
    • When triggered, all Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect.
    • Evil Within III lasts for 60 seconds, after which it regresses to Evil Within II.

    Why? Myers has little in-build ways of shortening the chase and he needs to build up his insta down every time. Oni i.e. can do this by hitting survivors during a chase and gets a lot of mobility during his Dash. I thought of making Myers a bit more dangerous, so that everyone should watch out and don't let him get his stalk! And for myself, nothing was more scary than Myers with BS, Spirit Fury & Enduring a long time ago. But now with the gen speeds and his insanely slow early game he needs gen regression or slow down perks like Pop or Sloppy. This is why I decided to buff EWIII with these effects. I'm not sure if they should stack with the perks or not though.

    Stalking:

    • The default Stalk Point requirement for each Tier is 5 Stalk Points. <- (was 6) easier to calculate :)
      • Stalk Points are obtained by stalking Survivors.
    • Each Trial features a reservoir of 40.4 Stalk Points distributed evenly amongst all four Survivors for 10.1 Stalk Points each.
    • When a Survivor disconnects, the remaining Stalk Points of that Survivor are distributed equally to the other remaining survivors. <- So that a DC doesn't screw you over when needing a lot of Stalk (i.e. when doing the Evil Incarnate Achievement).
    • Default Stalk range is 40 metres from The Shape. <- (was 2.5m to 39.85m) same as Ghost Face
      • The Stalk efficiency decreases slightly with distance, ranging from 1 SP/s (100 % efficiency) to 0.75 SP/s) (75 % efficiency). <- (was 0.8333 SP/s at 100% and 0.08333 at 10%) It would be a bit hard to get "99ed" from 40m away in 5s so I thought buffing the numers would do something at least.
        • This means that the Stalk Time requirement for one Tier of Evil Within ranges from 5 seconds (100 % efficiency) to 15 seconds) (75 % efficiency). <- (was 6s up to 60s) lessens the pain of stalking someone in the distance, without making it too strong.
    • Once The Shape reaches Evil Within II, he has no means to return back to Evil Within I.
    • The colour of a Survivor's outline while being stalked determines how many Stalk Points or evil is left in them, ranging from white (Evil available) to red (Evil depleted).
    • Use the Active Ability Button (CTRL) to unleash EWIII. <- You will never accidentally use EWIII again while trying to 99 it. No need to stalk the last bit. [Edit: This needs some audio cue (like that from Oni). I thought of that eerie tone that indicated him staking you when he came out in 2016. In the Wiki it's the tune which is listed at the Evil Within I section of Myers' page]

    Why? His salking mechanic is outdated and inferior to that of GF. I can understand that it would be too strong to give him the same stalk speed at 40m like right in front of him. By tweaking the numbers, I think that his stalking will be better but not OP.

    ADD-ON REWORK

    Judith's Tombstone (Ultra Rare)

    A large and heavy granite tombstone stolen from Mt. Sinclair cemetery, belonging to Judith Myers.

    • Kill healthy or injured Survivors with Evil Within III.
    • Kill the last remaining Survior in a Locker with Evil Within III. <- No more locker hopping to deny the Evil Incarnate Achievement. At least for the last survivor. Maybe make this standard with a new nice Mori animation where Myers pins the Survivor to the locker. Like in the movie.
    • Disables the ability to Stalk with Evil Within III.
    • Tremendously increases the amount of Evil required to reach Evil Within III for the first time.
    • Slightly decreases (110% ms) The Shape's Movement speed in Evil Within II and III. <- (was -9% = 95% in EWI and 105% in EWII&III) Nothing is worse than being a slug in EWI with this. Still slower than normal, but better around large loops. PWYF would be nice to have but not a necessity. If this would be too strong with PWYF, make it 105% in EWII&III but not EWI.

    "Here lies our beloved daughter."

    Lock of Hair (Very Rare)

    A cut lock of blond hair bunched with a black elastic.

    • Tremendously increases (+40s) Evil Within III duration.
    • Slightly increases (+2.5 SP) the amount of Evil required to reach Evil Within III for the first time. <- (was +5) Makes this add-on more viable. The Hair Bow was just better, because it added 30s for +2.5 SP.

    Scratched Mirror (Very Rare)

    A standing portable vanity mirror which has been violently scratched with a sharp metallic object.

    • When Stalking, Evil Within I reveals the Aura of Survivors within 32 metres.
    • Evil Within cannot progress past Evil Within I.
    • Slightly reduces (105%) The Shape's Movement Speed. <- (was 105%) Yes, this is not a nerf or a buff, but since i buffed EWI MS to 110% I needed to adjust this. 110% with a 32m wallhack would be too much. Pretty much old Jumpscare Myers before the introduction of Undetectable without M&A being a necessity.
    • Each Hit Score Event grants 100 % Bonus Bloodpoints in the Brutality Category and additional 200 % Bonus Bloodpoints in the Deviousness Category.

    Mirror Shard (Very Rare) <- (was Rare)

    A large and sharp piece of a broken mirror.

    • Stalking a Survivor for 1 second in Evil Within II reveals the Aura of other Survivors within 16 metres around you for 4 seconds. <- Maybe a bit too strong, but hey: I changed the rarity.

    Vanity Mirror (Rare) <- (was Very Rare) Is still not as strong as Scratched Mirror.

    A standing portable vanity mirror in perfect condition except for a fine layer of dust and face powder covering it.

    • When Stalking, Evil Within II reveals the Aura of Survivors within 16 metres.
    • Evil Within cannot progress past Evil Within II.
    • Moderately reduces (8m) the Terror Radius. <- Makes Dead Rabbit or M&A a nice to have, but not a necessity. I would say it should stack. You will still be vulnerable to Object etc though (no Undetectable!).
    • Each Hit Score Event grants 100 % Bonus Bloodpoints in the Brutality Category and additional 150 % Bonus Bloodpoints in the Deviousness Category.
    • Slightly decreases (110% ) The Shape's Movement speed in Evil Within II. <- (was -6% = 97% in EWI and 107% in EWII) This was a worse Scratched Mirror with only a little MS bonus.

    Reflective Fragment (Rare) <- (was Uncommon)

    A tiny piece of a highly reflective material most probably from a broken mirror.

    • When putting a Survivor into the Dying State, reveal the Aura of Survivors within 8 metres.

    J. Myers Memorial (Rare)

    A glossy page ripped from the 1965 Haddonfield High School yearbook, one dedicated to the memory of Judith Myers.

    • Moderately increases (20%) Evil Gain rate when Stalking. <- (was 25%) A slight nerf since stalking is overall easier.

    Glass Fragment (Uncommon)

    A tiny piece of tinted glass, probably from a broken object. It is impossible to determine its origin.

    • Stalking a Survivor for 1 second reveals their Aura for 3 Seconds. <- (was only usable in EWI) i made it usable in all tiers.

    Judith's Journal (Uncommon) <- (was Rare)

    A journal identified as owned by Judith M. Myers. Most of the pages are defaced with frightening and disturbing drawings.

    • You become obsessed with one Survivor.
    • Considerably increases (40%) the amount of Evil gained when Stalking your Obsession. <- (was 65%) A slight nerf, because stalking is easier. I think the Obsession requirement makes it less strong without Nemesis and DS or For The People is not allways triggered, so is will be Uncommon instead of Rare.

    You can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

    Memorial Flower (Common) <- (was Uncommon)

    A partially faded and dried pink larkspur picked up from a gravestone.

    • Slightly increases (10%) Evil Gain rate when Stalking. <- (was 15%) A slight nerf since stalking is overall easier.

    Boyfriend's Memo (Common)

    A "romantic", if slightly sleazy, note left around to draw the attention of a female lover.

    • Outlines a Survivor when you are able to gain Evil. <- I thought of something like Feddy's outlining of a sleeping Survivor (from his POV). This is mostly to help newer players to understand when you can stalk and when an onject hinders you to do it. Sometimes you think you can stalk through that piece of junk but you can't. This is meant to help with that by adding some visual effect.

    "The note is signed: D."

    [Edit: Memorial Flower & J. Myers Memorial could both be changed to "Slightly/Moderately increases (+1.25/+2.5 SP) available Stalk Points per Survivor." If the increased stalking rate is too strong. This would give you 1 or 2 extra Evil Within III and would make stalking for some add-ons (i.e. Tombstone) easier if one survivor decides to hide all the time.]

    Sorry for the long post.


  • If it was a tier list i'd put him mid c

  • Few things

    1) I don't know if you mean speed or actual effeciency when when you say range decreases, but you already stalk slower from farther away although I don't know the exact values

    2) You mentioned something about stalking multiple survivors and I think you may be confused. Stalking multiple survivors does not make you gain stalk faster, you just take the same amount of points but evenly divided between stalked individuals.

  • Sorry my forums page was glitched, and wouldn't update so I didn't see the comments:

    @gibblywibblywoo Honestly couldn't have said it better. His Tier 1 is outdated, and just far too weak rn, and his Tier 3 is simply not threatening enough. I'm fine with having weaker killers (everyone shouldn't be high tier, that's fine), but do we want Michael Myers to be one of them?

    @AhoyWolf Yeah map wide would be potentially too strong, and possibly annoying (personally Iri Button is kinda annoying), but I think it would be make him actually scary. It could be really faint if you're really far, so it wouldn't necessarily be like the lullabies, if anything it would just be really good for Infectious. But yeah I can understand if it's OP, just from a Survivors standpoint I think it would be super fun and scary (maybe make it an add-on then?)

    @LapisInfernalis Lol I love that someone else put a long time into a hypothetical power rework of Myers. I like that we both agree a base kit brutal essentially on Tier 3 would be nice, with the addition of a base kit Enduring as well. I honestly considered this, but I just settled with the breaking speed, and those creative buff ideas I came up with. I also liked that you also thought of the "Tier Up Phase" similar to Oni powering up to for his Blood Fury. I'd really like to see this just as a quality of life, and as mentioned in the essay I wrote, lots of frustration about a Myers 1-tapping you in your first interaction would be gone as well since he'd be stopped in place momentarily. Finally, I definitely like your Boyfriend's Memo change better then mine, as a training wheels add-on for newer players. I honestly couldn't think of a change, so yours is much more creative. Very interesting.

    @SkeletalElite 1) I was talking about the efficiency decrease. It's definitely something necessary, but with how much it decreases, it is way to slow at the max range (It takes a full minute to fully stalk from the furthest range, i.e. it's basically pointless to stalk from super far). 2) This is something I actually already knew. I do not know what you were referring too, but for stalk I specifically talked about decreasing the efficiency penalty as the distance gets longer, and that the max amount of Stalk Points (SP) in a s survivor should be increased, or just unlimited, hope that clarifies any confusion.

  • @terumisan said:

    If it was a tier list i'd put him mid c

    @terumisan I personally disagree. Unlike other notoriously bad Killers, they were always bad, while Myers has been middle of the road for a long time, because he's grown outdated over time. I wish I included that in my post, because that's crucial. As time has gone on his T1 phase has grown weaker and weaker, as players have gotten better and better. Even bad survivors can be quite efficient which is in the end, more important then chases. His snowball isn't really that good anymore either, due to a lack of mobility, and he has just become outclassed by better killers. He's a lot like old Bubba. He might actually be alright, but why play him when you can play one of the many who outclass him (in Bubba's case it was just Billy)? So even if he is a solid killer, he should still get some form of base kit buff, because so many killers are similar yet better, and he needs some sort of change to make him more unique then them.

  • The major issue with Myers is that he is too feast-or-famine. Either you snowball early with a strong Tier 3 multi-down, or you struggle to catch up for the rest of the match. All survivors have to do to deny him any leverage is stay spread out.

  • @Rydog said:

    The major issue with Myers is that he is too feast-or-famine. Either you snowball early with a strong Tier 3 multi-down, or you struggle to catch up for the rest of the match. All survivors have to do to deny him any leverage is stay spread out.

    @Rydog Yeah he just starts out way too weak, and then his "surge" (Tier 3) just usually doesn't give him enough to make up for how bad his Tier 1 is. After the release of Plague, I started running Infectious on Myers and it USED to be quite strong and successful. It made him easily a high-mid killer. But more recently when I used it a month or two ago, it felt useless. Survivors have gotten better, more aware, or maybe SWFs have just gotten more common. Survivors just don't stay foolishly grouped up anymore. Oni has mobility to quickly surprise people, and down some one fast. Myers doesn't have the mobility to do that, hence why I suggested something like an infinite terror radius.

  • @su11yboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799410#Comment_1799410

    @Rydog Yeah he just starts out way too weak, and then his "surge" (Tier 3) just usually doesn't give him enough to make up for how bad his Tier 1 is. After the release of Plague, I started running Infectious on Myers and it USED to be quite strong and successful. It made him easily a high-mid killer. But more recently when I used it a month or two ago, it felt useless. Survivors have gotten better, more aware, or maybe SWFs have just gotten more common. Survivors just don't stay foolishly grouped up anymore. Oni has mobility to quickly surprise people, and down some one fast. Myers doesn't have the mobility to do that, hence why I suggested something like an infinite terror radius.

    With how common Discordance is, and how efficient a lot of newer killers are for punishing/pressuring multiple survivors at once (Legion, Plague, Ghostface, Oni, Executioner, and now Twins), I feel like staying spread out is a more common safety tactic for sure.

  • Yeah he needs a buff, but perhaps not a big one.

  • @su11yboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799410#Comment_1799410

    @Rydog Yeah he just starts out way too weak, and then his "surge" (Tier 3) just usually doesn't give him enough to make up for how bad his Tier 1 is. After the release of Plague, I started running Infectious on Myers and it USED to be quite strong and successful. It made him easily a high-mid killer. But more recently when I used it a month or two ago, it felt useless. Survivors have gotten better, more aware, or maybe SWFs have just gotten more common. Survivors just don't stay foolishly grouped up anymore. Oni has mobility to quickly surprise people, and down some one fast. Myers doesn't have the mobility to do that, hence why I suggested something like an infinite terror radius.

    I can say that after I saw a rise in Myers players using it I go out of my way to get out of the TR when hes in EW3. I treat him like Oni when that perk is in play.