######### did they do to freddy

Comments

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    Nothing has happened to Freddy yet. He has been singled out for a balance pass, likely due to his performance statistics showing him over performing in comparison to nearly every other Killer in the game. As of right now, we have no idea what changes are in store for him. He might get slightly toned down, he might get bonked with a nerf bat, he might get dragged out back and put down with a nerf gun. We simply don't know yet.

    It doesn't change the fact that he doesn't need to be nerfed.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796546#Comment_1796546

    The point of Tinkerer is barely ever the Undetectable status is grants, it's to see which Generator is nearly complete. The survivor is then forced to get off the Generator, or get hit. Combine it with perks like Ruin or Pop, and you get tons of regression. Nobody uses Tinkerer for the stealth, that's just a bonus.

    If you can't see the obvious synergy between Freddy's ability to teleport to any gen he wants and a perk that warns him when a generator is about to be done, maybe you aren't the God tier killer you think you are.

    @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796546#Comment_1796546

    I don't run tinkerer on freddy, let alone play freddy mr. If it's so bad then tell me why every second freddy runs it?

    If you honestly think "just do bones" works agaisnt ruin undying, then come vs my ruin undying blight and lets see how much fun you have then.

    For the sake of it, I ran ruin undying tinkerer corrupt blight to see if a team could actually beat me. So far? Not one team has gotten all the gens done. Not One. And if you try and pull that you're vsing bad survivors card, then how about you hear that i've been against the fungoose swf?

    Because it looks good on Paper? At my level if a gen reaches 75% you can assume it's completed and focus to maximizing on something else, like finishing and hooking your current chase. Tinkerer doesn't really help with that. You sneak up on the survivor you are already in chase with? You go up to a gen that they are watching your direction anyways (because stealth is useless against good survivors).

  • @solidhex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796430#Comment_1796430

    Nearly 3k per game isn't balanced. He has a significantly higher kill rate than any other killer in the game. And no, his kit isn't balanced. He is the most braindead killer in the game. You can't create a character that's super easy to use AND has very strong powers. That's just not working in the long run, balance-wise. There are multiple examples for this in other games. Does a godlike Nurse with 3000h playtime feel balanced, if you verse her? No, she will probably 4k most matches, but she had to do something for it. If you are mediocre killer and know a little bit about how the game works, you can pick up Freddy and easily get to red ranks very soon. I currently play in a swf were everyone has ~2000h and everyone there also shares my opinion about freddy giving too much reward for almost nothing. That doesn't mean that very good Nurse or Spirit players can't make better results. Or that it's impossible to win against any Freddy. But a lot of Freddy players aren't really that good. They are just boosted by his passive and super easy to use Powers, and that just doesn't feel right. It's like loosing as killer against a full 2nd chance perk squad

    Killer isn't supposed to be easy. A lot of killers have this mindset and get very upset if they don't get a 4k for 3 matches in a row. Killer will always be harder and more stressful. It's in the nature of the game design and i don't see how this could change without breaking the game. I can tell you that in the current game state, for the first time, i'd rather play killer than solo survivor. Half a year ago, i only could play killer sometimes when i felt really good because it was just too stressful for me. Yes, solo survivor is more chill because you have some breaks in between and don't have to constantly be super sharp and sweaty to win. But at least as Killer i get to play the game in full, i don't get tunneled or face camped or have to rely on stupid teammates.

    Btw on the one hand you say that you lose a lot with Freddy, on the other that he is very easy to beat but all the boosted survivors can't?! I play a lot of mediocre killers like Wraith, Ghostface besides Spirit and i do just fine in red ranks. Lose some, win some.

    I personally can't wait for the nerf. A lot of Freddy players will finally realize how boosted they really are. It always feels like they got carried by his powers and their synergy with some perks.

    Go back and read other responses. I am not repeating myself for a player that simply refuses to learn the game.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795938#Comment_1795938

    They could, but that's no worse from having no second iri addon.

    Yea, it could be. They'll probably nerf iri head so maybe BOTH ultra rates will hinder her.

  • The fact that he can't handle a competent team, just like any other killer can't. ;)

  • @tenoresax said:

    Well, first you gotta tell us what's wrong with Freddy.

    Pallet Freddy don't work on the reworked maps.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796575#Comment_1796575

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796583#Comment_1796583

    Because it looks good on Paper? At my level if a gen reaches 75% you can assume it's completed and focus to maximizing on something else, like finishing and hooking your current chase. Tinkerer doesn't really help with that. You sneak up on the survivor you are already in chase with? You go up to a gen that they are watching your direction anyways (because stealth is useless against good survivors).

    You're trying to tell me that at ur so called high level of gameplay that killers just ignore tinkerer procs?

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796376#Comment_1796376

    Yea, it could be. They'll probably nerf iri head so maybe BOTH ultra rates will hinder her.

    The reason ppl always complain about the iris being weaker these days is because the devs don't wanna create another iri stone or iri hatcheta. They are playing it careful. If you want good iri add-ons, I would look to someone's like pyramid heads, blight or plagues. Strong but not game changing.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795551#Comment_1795551

    She's getting another iri addon, I don't see how that's not a buff.

    She getting more Add-ons to fall in line with other Killers and their Add-On Ratios.

    However, they are passing over her Add-Ons in order to make them less Outdated/Address true problems.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795551#Comment_1795551

    She's getting another iri addon, I don't see how that's not a buff.

    But nurse and hillbilly were given not one but two iri's, that must mean they were super buffed

  • @Uistreel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795556#Comment_1795556

    But nurse and hillbilly were given not one but two iri's, that must mean they were super buffed

    Billies iris are actually quite decent, and nurse doesn't need addons anyway to compeltely decimate teams. I don't get why ppl don't understand the reasoning behind nurse's pink addons. They couldn't add anything strong without completely breaking her. An extra blink without any penalty would be broken as hell.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797683#Comment_1797683

    Billies iris are actually quite decent, and nurse doesn't need addons anyway to compeltely decimate teams. I don't get why ppl don't understand the reasoning behind nurse's pink addons. They couldn't add anything strong without completely breaking her. An extra blink without any penalty would be broken as hell.

    Yes, but were they buffed as a whole? You originally said that huntress was getting another iri, therefore they were buffing huntress.

  • @xCarrie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795546#Comment_1795546

    Well I could see why as people had to buy Freddy while the others can be earned by playing the game.

    That being said, I don’t play Freddy so I wouldn’t know what happened to him

    He might be wondering why gens get done so fast, probably running the chain with dying light and thana

  • @Axe said:

    we need more context, I assume you are a veteran who havent touch the game for 2 years and just came back to find out Freddy is now one of the strongest killer in the game that also hated by everyone and their grandma?

    I dont hate freddy, he's fun to go against. I hat Billy and ph

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796381#Comment_1796381

    Which in most cases makes sense, but with so many other effecting factors. Freddy's 70% winrate isn't because he is good, it's because kit doesn't limit the player. His kit gives back the power role to the Killer, and gives the player freedom to actually apply all of their skills in a single match. Meaning the survivors are actually facing a balanced Killer for once. The game is too easy for Survivors - most don't bother to learn even the basic's of the game. How easy it is to play Survivor, when you mainly play survivor also builds entitlement. With so many factors that give survivors second chances without any real skill build entitlement aswell. So then when they do face a moderately good, or expert level Killer they cry they were OP, or they mistakenly accuse the Killer of playing unfairly. I can't even count how many games I play Nurse and get accuse of Camping/Tunnel, simply because I have expert tracking skills, and am on top of all 4 survivors for the entire match. That's not camping, or tunneling. Which is why the only players that don't have an issue with Freddy are the ones who have learned how to play Survivor properly.

    The problem I am seeing. I am so high in ranks with Killer I have long wait times, because I only get matched against strong 4man swf. My Freddy games I win about 45% of the time because he's easy to beat, or I am against a team that is just fooling around making it easy. I get all my wins from Spirit and Nurse. I can't play any Killer anymore because they don't have the ability to traverse the map quick, or is severly lacking in other areas.

    Then we have twitch streamers creating a poor look on the game as well. Players looking up to Otz, Tofu, and Tru3 as these "godlike" killer players, when they havn't reached the top either. I completely stomped them which in turn made even themselves say on stream that "Survivors are too strong", but yet that's the only thing the viewer base doesn't listen to?

    It's dissapointing to see in these forums too. Barely any of the Survivors in these forums know how to play the game right, and it shows in their responses. The lack of knowing how to counter Freddy, when to counter Freddy is as easy as playing Survivor right - that's it. Know how to loop. Know your map layouts. Always be on gens. Everything else is extra. To beat a good Freddy you gotta know how to wake up, and stay awake in a way that doesn't waste time. (I.E. Failing checks when Freddy's distracted, forcing him have to choose his chase or teleport/run to you. Waking up everyone after a hook save. Looping/Fixing Gens towards your clock).

    The game is in a sorry state right now, and when they Nerf Freddy because their playerbase doesn't want to learn the game. I can only see the game getting worse from there till we have another Deathgarden (because this exact same thing happened to Deathgarden). Which if you don't know what Deathgarden is, you shouldn't be giving opinions on the forum till you educate yourself more on BHVR's company itself.

    When I do play survivor, i typically run boil over flip flop tenacity and unbreakable. Its fun for me especially in badha if the basement isn't in the school

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797119#Comment_1797119

    The winky says you're joking, but kill rates are ~68% and they're higher at red rank. Either there are very few "competent" teams, competent killers can handle competent survivor teams just fine, or both.

    Nice argumentative misfire. :)

  • He had a small burn incident. Understandable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795556#Comment_1795556

    Considering most iri addons are trash I highly doubt this can be considered a buff. Just look at Nurse.

    Nurse's iris were intentialyl made weak because of how strong she is without addons and how easily they could break her.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799681#Comment_1799681

    Okay, so just look at Oni, Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, Pig, Ghostface and Demogorgon.

    I don't see what's wrong with deathsligner's, pyramid head's, oni's or pigs. Ghostface and demo i can see but demo's even getting an addon pass soon so.

    The point of iri addons isnt to provide game changing benefits that are easy to use, but rather to apply some decent benefits at the cost of a downside or change in playstyle. That's the thign ppl don't realise. Often they make you change ur playstyle and ppl r unwilling to adapt to them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799681#Comment_1799681

    Okay, so just look at Oni, Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, Pig, Ghostface and Demogorgon.

    Ghostface Caught on Camera is an amazing Iri, what are you talking about? If you stalk while leaning, they're stalked within a second. You should never stalk out in the open as Ghostface anyways, it's a terrible idea for him. Pretty much everyone else I can agree with, yeah.

    I still firmly believe Iridescent Family Crest is the worst Iri addon in the game.

1 2 ›