How do I prevent dying on first hook?

Please don't tell me kindred I run it and it still doesn't help at all

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • In what scenarios are you dying on first hook? It really is required in order to give advice - if your teammates are just leaving you, then you should run Deliverence. If the killer is facecamping, then you're dead with no counterplay.

  • If you're already running kindred then it's up to the killer if you die on 1st hook or not. There's really nothing else to it, the survivors will know when and if they can actually save you so you just have to pray that a survivor on your team grows a pair and comes to actually try and trade for you.

  • bring deliverance? bring perks that help you hide your sounds like iron will and calm spirit. don't wear bright clothing in the match. learn your skill checks , pay attention and avoid the killer... that is how you avoid dying on first hook.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    If you're already running kindred then it's up to the killer if you die on 1st hook or not. There's really nothing else to it, the survivors will know when and if they can actually save you so you just have to pray that a survivor on your team grows a pair and comes to actually try and trade for you.

    Oh, don't overestimate solo teammates. I died on first hook with Kindred not because the Killer was camping, rather because my teammates still kept Urbaning around the corners and walking slowly towards me. Most of the time it's the Teammates who kill you, not the Killer. Maybe I don't always die on first hook, but teammates will slowly walk towards me to keep their Sprint Burst, meanwhile I go into struggle phase, then after 4 years they finally unhook me, start healing and as soon as they hear the heart beat they sprint burst away and let me stay injured at the hook.

    But to prevent getting into that situation. I would play stealthy at the start until someone gets found first and then start playing aggressive, that's the strat I use and it works pretty good.

  • Dont get hooked, gg ez

  • In solo play, I think you have to rely on yourself a lot more - so perks such as Deliverance have made it onto my build. I play pretty altruistically so will go in for a risky save at the expense of my own health states, but Deliverance has helped a lot.