Does Deception Work?

I've been playing with it today and I keep having weird things happen with it. Does the perk work consistently for most people?

I want to know if I'm messing it up and getting locker sucked because I'm bad or if its genuinely bugged. Like most Survivors, I button mash when I want to do an action so maybe I'm just subconsciously pressing the button multiple times idk

Comments

  • Bugged, like most everything in this update

  • @chieften333 said:

    Bugged, like most everything in this update

    Ok. I'm taking off the perk before I get locker PTSD

  • It worked against me, I'm not sure if it works in general but last match I got the skillcheck.

  • @gatsby said:

    I've been playing with it today and I keep having weird things happen with it. Does the perk work consistently for most people?

    I want to know if I'm messing it up and getting locker sucked because I'm bad or if its genuinely bugged. Like most Survivors, I button mash when I want to do an action so maybe I'm just subconsciously pressing the button multiple times idk

    It works very consistently for me. I don't button mash, though. At most, I hold space when I go for a running vault.


    I've managed to bamboozle a bunch of killers today with it, although most just expect it for obvious reasons.

    That said, my friend ran it with Q&Q, and the first time they tried to use it in a game, for some reason they ended up fast vaulting into the locker despite the fact they were running. The rest of the game it worked fine for them.


    @OldHunterLight you're thinking of Oppression!

  • It works i was able to get use out of it. It seems fun.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209949/does-deception-work

    It works very consistently for me. I don't button mash, though. At most, I hold space when I go for a running vault.

    I've managed to bamboozle a bunch of killers today with it, although most just expect it for obvious reasons.

    That said, my friend ran it with Q&Q, and the first time they tried to use it in a game, for some reason they ended up fast vaulting into the locker despite the fact they were running. The rest of the game it worked fine for them.

    @OldHunterLight you're thinking of Oppression!

    Awww I was just thinking about how nicely these perks would work together, but I don’t have enough unlocked to test it yet.

    Imagine: 2 lockers side by side. Run past and use Deception on the first, then leap into the second with Q&Q and start charging up your Head On. Killer checks the first locker, and by the time they’re done, BAM!

    Hopefully the better integrate Deception with Q&Q once they attack their full plate of bug fixes.

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786997#Comment_1786997

    Awww I was just thinking about how nicely these perks would work together, but I don’t have enough unlocked to test it yet.

    Imagine: 2 lockers side by side. Run past and use Deception on the first, then leap into the second with Q&Q and start charging up your Head On. Killer checks the first locker, and by the time they’re done, BAM!

    Hopefully the better integrate Deception with Q&Q once they attack their full plate of bug fixes.

    Yeah, that idea does work, it's just possible that it bugs lol

  • Nope it's broken just like everything else with this disaster of a chapter

  • Only advice I can give, from the console perspective, is make sure you only press the button once when you're going by, otherwise it'll vacuum you in.

    Personally, I love the perk, it's a nice distraction during chases and not have scratch marks ever minute or so is lovely.