Pretty sure these hooks are illegal

image.png

I mean, that's what? 8 meters apart with no walls? I thought the minimal distance was 12

Comments

  • Yeah, thats Midwich. Can go with a few hooks less. Sometimes you have 3 Hooks in one hallway.

  • Small map, my favourite as survivor and killer( I prefer indoor maps!)

  • Sabo gets a irrelevant buff that no one uses anymore and they increased the number of hooks.

    I remember a while back they said they didn't want a killer to be able to camp 2 hooks.

    Well...here we are.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Sabo gets a irrelevant buff that no one uses anymore and they increased the number of hooks.

    I remember a while back they said they didn't want a killer to be able to camp 2 hooks.

    Well...here we are.

    Basement has 4 hooks so that makes no sense lol

  • Midwich just doesn't have many places to spawn hooks so you sometimes get situations where the game is forced to generate hooks like this.

  • @Crowman said:

    Midwich just doesn't have many places to spawn hooks so you sometimes get situations where the game is forced to generate hooks like this.

    Hawkins Lab has the same problem too

  • I just played it and I saw an entire hallway with 0 hooks lol luckily there was one around the corner so they couldnt wiggle out

  • Same with pallets. That map has 3 pallets less than 6m apart from each other

  • @Klakky said:

    I just played it and I saw an entire hallway with 0 hooks lol luckily there was one around the corner so they couldnt wiggle out

    I had an experience once on Midwich where there were no hooks in a hallway, but the closest hook was behind a breakable wall that I hadn't broken down. I was forced to drop them as there was no way I was going to make it from the center of the hallway. Luckily there was other survivors close by I could go after.

  • where's the other hook? My eyes aren't what they used to be lmao

  • @Predated said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MX4DGO4IKN6Q/image.png

    I mean, that's what? 8 meters apart with no walls? I thought the minimal distance was 12

    Funny thing is, I bet on the other side of the map there is a hook dead zone so safe it's ridiculous.

    I've actually faced that as killer on midwich. I downed somebody on the second floor in a classroom and the nearest hook was down an adjacent hall about 18 seconds away and another was downstairs about 25 seconds away because it was a hall where the stairs are the only way down.

    Nobody burned any hook offerings, and nobody had been killed yet so no hooks had been disabled. It's crazy

  • @HellDescent said:

    Same with pallets. That map has 3 pallets less than 6m apart from each other

    All Pallets except for the two in the Corners are unsafe. So not really a big deal tbh.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1783486#Comment_1783486

    All Pallets except for the two in the Corners are unsafe. So not really a big deal tbh.

    Doesn't really matter if they are unsafe or not. It wastes a lot of killers time and it should not be a thing just like multiple hooks next to each other.

  • @HellDescent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1783550#Comment_1783550

    Doesn't really matter if they are unsafe or not. It wastes a lot of killers time and it should not be a thing just like multiple hooks next to each other.

    I mean, I would totally be fine with less Pallets which are safe. But you dont want that as Killer. :>

    So I rather take a lot of unsafe Pallets which I dont really need to kick.

  • Basement is one area of the Map. Not the full Map, like on Midwich.

    They can easily remove some Hooks and Killers will be just fine on this Map.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1783564#Comment_1783564

    I mean, I would totally be fine with less Pallets which are safe. But you dont want that as Killer. :>

    So I rather take a lot of unsafe Pallets which I dont really need to kick.

    There are only a couple of pallets in the game you don't need to kick. Take hawkins for example. The pallet downstairs inside the rift lab is normally unsafe if you stay there. But if you run outside the lab around the wall it becomes a lot more safer. And killer has a choice to make: bloodlust you around it or break it allowing you to rotate. Same goes for midwich there is a lot if pallets that have window vaults next to them or a second pallet that let you create a strong loop once you've dropped them. It's also always 50/50 around those loops which means if killer guesses wrong or survivor doesn't fall for mindgame the loop is reset again

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Sabo gets a irrelevant buff that no one uses anymore and they increased the number of hooks.

    I remember a while back they said they didn't want a killer to be able to camp 2 hooks.

    Well...here we are.

    Wait, the Devs actually said that? That is such a fine line to walk, it's so easy to camp 2 hooks because otherwise sabotage wouldn't even be needed for a wiggle off

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yeah, thats Midwich. Can go with a few hooks less. Sometimes you have 3 Hooks in one hallway.

    Idk, I like the design of the map but every time I play on it I wish we had 1 map less

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1783397#Comment_1783397

    Idk, I like the design of the map but every time I play on it I wish we had 1 map less

    I mean, since Midwich is in the game, I like a lot of Maps more than before, because I can think "At least its not Midwich".