Can we expect a fix to survivor queue times soon?

I am not sure if the devs have said anything regarding survivor queue times lately. They are insanely long most of the time either with or without crossplay and it doesn't really matter what time of day it is. It is so consistently long.

It is painfully annoying to sit there in a lobby for 5 + minutes each time and I am pretty sure it has been like this for months.

Note: I do play killer equally to survivor and I am consistently rank 1 on both sides (not that rank matters lol). I also think a long queue time is 3 and a half minutes of waiting.

Comments

  • @Terro said:

    They could just add killer bots whenever queue times are too long. I dunno if ppl would like that or not.

    That would be a lot of work for something people wouldn't really like. It is better if it is an actual human playing. Besides, toxic survivors wouldn't get to ruin another person's experience so there would be a huge drop in players, maybe idk.

  • @Yords said:

    I am not sure if the devs have said anything regarding survivor queue times lately. They are insanely long most of the time either with or without crossplay and it doesn't really matter what time of day it is. It is so consistently long.

    It is painfully annoying to sit there in a lobby for 5 + minutes each time and I am pretty sure it has been like this for months.

    Survivor queue times are long right now because the devs keep putting challenges like "play against a killer with a standard 32m terror radius and avoid playing the game properly long enough to use diversion twice in a single match." Killer challenges are all super easy in comparison. I can do 10 killer challenges in the time it takes me to do a challenge like "force the killer to throw the match and 1v1 you so you can pallet stun him three times in a single game." If ppl could get their challenges done without depending on the killer to play a certain way or without having to play selfish and screw their teammates then maybe they might switch back to playing killer. Hell, i'd be on killer right now if I wasn't busy sandbaggin my teammates in an attempt to do the challenges.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    What exactly are they supposed to do? Queue times are based on how many players are attempting to play each role. They can't "fix" that, although I guess they could offer some incentives to play killer more.

    Yeah I didn't realize that it was up to how many people play killers. But I think that giving all killers a rework or tune up would really help people choose killers. Problem is, it is all up to bhvr. Stronger killers such as p head or huntress are played at high levels because they are effective and strong while also simple and fun. If they buffed the weaker killers, it would encourage survivors to play more killer. That is one way of doing it, maybe there are other great ideas that would help.

  • most likeley no, is a problem with how many killersa are playing in those ranks where you are. amnd there arent as many killers as survivors, not even close.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779959#Comment_1779959

    Actually I don't think it will improve much. This looks like the worst killer to date. Even Legion looks stronger than the twins. They're perks aren't even that good either. I don't picture many people buying them to use them or to unlock their perks for the real killers.

    I'm buying them because I think their perks are good, plus this new killer isn't being embraced because they're good killers, but because of the unique gameplay that they offer. It's more of an enjoyable killer regardless of final match outcome.

  • @Thasard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779965#Comment_1779965

    I'm buying them because I think their perks are good, plus this new killer isn't being embraced because they're good killers, but because of the unique gameplay that they offer. It's more of an enjoyable killer regardless of final match outcome.

    Enjoyable for whom? The survivors?

  • Killer has a huge drop off at lower ranks. Many people want to deny that the game doesn't favor survivor at red to purple ranks. Unfortunately for those people, lots of killer mains disagree.

    Red rank killer is just non-stop pressure of trying to hold on to a game that is barely yours to control. It's just really not fun in its current state. I do one game and I'm completely spent and just queue survivor to be back on the side that gets to be dominant and play with the killer.

    I don't think this game will ever feel balanced where both sides can find enjoyment in most of their games.

  • I wouldn't really expect it because the main reason it takes so long is the abundance of survivor mains/people playing survivors and not enough people wanting to play killer for multiple reasons ((stress,being bullied,most of the survivor/community not liking killers)) so unlike other games where there would be a way to fix it there really isn't there unless there is a shortage of survivor's or a influx of killers.

1 2 ›