Doctor in the past

I have a really important question does anyone know how Doctor was when he first came out cause I heard he was terrible and he had to get reworked can someone tell me how he was when he came out?

Comments

  • Before his rework you had to switch between treatment and punishment (hitting) mode. This action took around 1 second (can't remember the exact value).

    You were unable to hit survivors while in treatment (shocking) mode. As a result his anti loop was meh to say the least.

    He also didn't have static blast before his rework. Instead every survivor gained madness over time while standing inside his terror radius. So his tracking was good but still nothing compared to static blast.

  • He was ok after patch 1.6.2, where they added things like the shock stun. Good anti-stealth but his anti loop was harder to use because you had to switch modes and slow your normal movement speed down if you even thought about using your power.

    Before that, I think Madness 1 did literally nothing, he didn’t have the shock stun, and switching modes actually slowed you down. He was a very bad Killer when he first released.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I have a really important question does anyone know how Doctor was when he first came out cause I heard he was terrible and he had to get reworked can someone tell me how he was when he came out?

    Survivors screamed alot more and his anti loop sucked

  • Also one thing I need to bring up about the doctor in the past is treatment mode let the doctor spam M1 to grab without attacking so the doctor could ALWAYS win a hook stand off.

    This meant he could camp without the possbility of a non trade rescue happening.

    Aka once people figured out the grab spam in his treatment mode he could camp hard. Sometimes even harder then bubba.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Before his rework you had to switch between treatment and punishment (hitting) mode. This action took around 1 second (can't remember the exact value).

    You were unable to hit survivors while in treatment (shocking) mode. As a result his anti loop was meh to say the least.

    He also didn't have static blast before his rework. Instead every survivor gained madness over time while standing inside his terror radius. So his tracking was good but still nothing compared to static blast.

    It also made him much more of a prick to deal with if he 3 gen’d the team. Especially on Gideon, and because snapping out of it only reduced madness back down to tier 2. Double stack passive madness add ons, and doing the last gen was just horrible.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    Also one thing I need to bring up about the doctor in the past is treatment mode let the doctor spam M1 to grab without attacking so the doctor could ALWAYS win a hook stand off.

    This meant he could camp without the possbility of a non trade rescue happening.

    Aka once people figured out the grab spam in his treatment mode he could camp hard. Sometimes even harder then bubba.

    Will admit I was guilty of doing this myself at endgame. Add in Fire Up and it was possible to grab and drop before another survivor was able to finish their unhook action and then Doc could grab them too.

  • He wasn't bad as such, he just wasn't consistent, played as intended or as good as he is today.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777621#Comment_1777621

    It also made him much more of a prick to deal with if he 3 gen’d the team. Especially on Gideon, and because snapping out of it only reduced madness back down to tier 2. Double stack passive madness add ons, and doing the last gen was just horrible.

    That was a massive, gigantic, glaring understatement with flashing neon signs and fireworks to boot.

  • Static Field sucked. It was good at getting Survivors to Tier 1 Madness and that's it.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Before his rework you had to switch between treatment and punishment (hitting) mode. This action took around 1 second (can't remember the exact value).

    You were unable to hit survivors while in treatment (shocking) mode. As a result his anti loop was meh to say the least.

    He also didn't have static blast before his rework. Instead every survivor gained madness over time while standing inside his terror radius. So his tracking was good but still nothing compared to static blast.

    Original doctor was this but with absolutely no anti-loop. It never used to block pallet and window vaults. Then it was changed in I think patch 1.6.2 but don't quote me on that, to block those, and then in January 2020 he got his current kit.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Before his rework you had to switch between treatment and punishment (hitting) mode. This action took around 1 second (can't remember the exact value).

    You were unable to hit survivors while in treatment (shocking) mode. As a result his anti loop was meh to say the least.

    He also didn't have static blast before his rework. Instead every survivor gained madness over time while standing inside his terror radius. So his tracking was good but still nothing compared to static blast.

    Thought op was talking about the original adjustments, but seeing your post, maybe I was misinterpreting.

    Still, @Chilli_man2400 , Doctor came out between Hag and Huntress, and Doctor originally had a slowdown (I believe) when switching back to punishment mode from treatment mode. Doctor illusions were purple, and there were several other visual differences.

    More importantly, however, after his first QoL adjustments he was more fun to play as and against, and he had terror radius music that wasn't deceptive, unintuitive, composed out-of-place for the game, and annoying to hear. He was my first killer (not at his release but some time after, when I bought the game) and one I played quite often, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777621#Comment_1777621

    Thought op was talking about the original adjustments, but seeing your post, maybe I was misinterpreting.

    Still, @Chilli_man2400 , Doctor came out between Hag and Huntress, and Doctor originally had a slowdown (I believe) when switching back to punishment mode from treatment mode. Doctor illusions were purple, and there were several other visual differences.

    More importantly, however, after his first QoL adjustments he was more fun to play as and against, and he had terror radius music that wasn't deceptive, unintuitive, composed out-of-place for the game, and annoying to hear. He was my first killer (not at his release but some time after, when I bought the game) and one I played quite often, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

    I was talking about when he first came out back in 2017 I know about his treatment and punishment mode but I heard he was downright awful when he first came out.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777762#Comment_1777762

    I was talking about when he first came out back in 2017 I know about his treatment and punishment mode but I heard he was downright awful when he first came out.

    If I am remembering correctly the random screams used to be skill checks and thus against good survivors even in madness level 3.

    You'd have had effectively no tracking outside of the initial madness tier 1 as getting them to 2/3 was extremely difficult due to madness fading over time and treatment mode made you a 107.5%(4.3)Which later got buffed to 110%(4.4))) killer with a ~7.5 meter shock therapy(Which later got buffed to 9 meters) so getting the tier up reveal wasn't reliable.

    Also if you had any cosmetics the illusionary doctors wouldn't wear them so they couldn't even fool complete noobs.

    Edit: Please take these numbers with a grain of salt as I got them from the wiki