PS5 Camera flicker/drift

Whenever i play survivor i sometimes get dramatic camera swings/drifts and was wondering if any other PS5 users experienced this. I'm trying to figure out if my controller is just defective or it's some kind of bug or something.

Comments

  • I had this on ps4 and am fairly sure it's a controller issue- got a new one and it's not been an issue since.

  • @Jb94 said:

    I had this on ps4 and am fairly sure it's a controller issue- got a new one and it's not been an issue since.

    Yeah, i probably just got a bad controller.

  • I experienced this yesterday. I've only experienced it on dbd and I tried other games afterwards and didn't experience a drift on any other game. I'm on ps5 aswell. This was also on the ps5 version of the game, not sure if the PS4 version would be any different.

  • Happens on Xbox one

    Not sure about Xbox series X

  • @yakul1nausicaa said:

    Whenever i play survivor i sometimes get dramatic camera swings/drifts and was wondering if any other PS5 users experienced this. I'm trying to figure out if my controller is just defective or it's some kind of bug or something.

    YES! Same here. Happens on my PS5 on the PS5 version, on both of my controllers. Did Sony’s controller update screw it for dbd only (doesn’t happen on other games) or is this a game specific issue?

  • How many controllers have you replaced on your PS4 because of Dead by Daylight?

  • Happens to me on ps4 all the time.

    DBD can be quite hard on controllers, having to rotate quickly when being carried.

  • @yakul1nausicaa said:

    Whenever i play survivor i sometimes get dramatic camera swings/drifts and was wondering if any other PS5 users experienced this. I'm trying to figure out if my controller is just defective or it's some kind of bug or something.

    I’m not experiencing this at all sorry

  • @rottmeister said:

    Happens to me on ps4 all the time.

    DBD can be quite hard on controllers, having to rotate quickly when being carried.

    On PS4 I would experience more slower rotations and slower movement, but never crazy camera flicks upwards, when I’m not even touching the right stick.


    Thanks to DBD, I probably went through at least 6 DS4 controllers.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777568#Comment_1777568

    How many controllers have you replaced on your PS4 because of Dead by Daylight?

    This is happening on the the PS5 dualsense controller. It's not a DBD issue because i've also noticed it while playing XCOM 2. My right analogue stick is faulty for whatever reason, i noticed it only a few days after getting PS5. I should send it back for repair or replacement.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208855/ps5-camera-flicker-drift

    YES! Same here. Happens on my PS5 on the PS5 version, on both of my controllers. Did Sony’s controller update screw it for dbd only (doesn’t happen on other games) or is this a game specific issue?

    I think it's a controller issue and not a game issue as i've noticed drift and flicker on a few other games. I suspect the dualsense has a higher fail rate than the dualshock. My dualshock eventually experienced drift but only after a long time when grime/dust had a chance to accumulate.