Lithe and you
Could we please change lithe activation?
Lithe: Press the Active Ability button to perform a rushed vault, break into a sprint at 150 % of your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds.
Right now the major limitation of Lithe is its activation that constraints the usage of dropped pallets or windows for looping. With this implementation, the survivor can continue using the space bar as normal when Lithe is available and activate it by pressing E to perform a rushed vault and gain the haste effect.
That would make it more on par with other exhaustion perks.
Comments
That change would make it better at that, as of right now if you reach a tile with windows you are obligated to transition to make full use of the perk.
I don't think this would make it on par with other exhaustion perks,I think it would make it quite overpowered, having s sprint burst on demand like that, that you can use at any window and not have to think about it. Like imagine someone using shack and vaulting the window twice, and then on the third vault they use lithe and zoom to a nearby jungle gym and then use that structure for a while before coming back to shack with the window that's probably now unblocked. All from a single use of lithe. If you're Pig, GhostFace, Myers, Billy etc it'll take you forever to catch someone using lithe.
(This is assuming no bloodlust btw, something I hope is actually staying gone for good but I'm not sure it is. With bloodlust it wouldn't be so bad.)
That is a very good argument, but ppl already do that by 99 sprint burst.
99ing sprint burst requires you to use up sprint burst, wait 39 seconds and then after that point you literally have to be constantly running and not doing gens, healing, anything and then you get to use it. Lithe would turn into that, but you're able to do it on demand without any setup, all you'd need is a window.
I don't think it's too bad of an idea. Maybe have it activate as normal outside of a chase, but when you're in a chase you get to vault one window, then the next window you vault, you get lithe.
Or you could change the perk completely. An idea I had for a perk was to give you sprint burst when you drop a pallet. Might be a good counter to the killers that immediately respect and try to run around a slightly unsafe pallet
Could we do this with Sprint Burst too? XD
The advantage of 99 SB is the lack of environment activation requirement. Maybe counterbalance the effect by have its haste last 2.5 or 2 seconds instead. Just wanna be able to not be pigeonholed into the same perks.
Suppose cutting a second off the speed burst would make it more balanced. Yeah I like that idea! Not necessarily used to get to another loop but to extend the current loop or maybe make it to a junk loop nearby or make an L-T wall vault safe etc. Could be interesting.
Maybe it would be a bit too cost effective. I would leave SB as is and introduce another exhaustion perk with reduced duration/speed and easy button activation. Something between deadhard/SB with no immunity.
No, each of the exhaustion perks has a weakness/condition to activate.
Lithe requires a window
Sprint burst requires you to walk when you want to save it.
Balanced Landing requires you to fall
Dead hard requires you to be injured.
The only one there that needs any actual work is dead hard, because being injured is not a big enough downside, since it just becomes the de facto chasing perk that you are able to use in every single chase. All of the others are meant to be situational.
hmm, the suggested change still requires a window or dropped pallet, just like it's on live servers right now.
Lithe is my main exhaustion perk and I think its fine where its at. I do understand pallets aren't the most reliable for it at all, but you can make a pallet play sometimes if you know what you're doing well enough. Sometimes killers can be baited into swinging and missing if they think they can just barely land a hit and you just zoom away.
Its the price you pay for having a more controlled exhaustion than SB and DH, you can't use it whenever you want, but it also doesn't put the no running or be injured restriction on you.
I know. BL is my favourite, but i stopped using after being sent sh_ter woods too many times. My problem with Lithe is that sometimes you are at a really good TL wall loop and could perfectly make plays without using the exhaustion. The perk feels kinda wasted.
Oh, yeah I know that situation as well. I usually try to run to a nearby tile, get some use out of it if I can, then run back to TL wall. It doesn't always work out but its something to consider.