What kind of DbD media would you want to see?

So, (this may just be my opinion) but I think the lore for this game is outstanding, and personally I would love it if we got more lore outside the game in the archives.

So what kind of other DbD media would you want to see? A movie, a show, a book, a comic. Maybe even a Single Player game. If it was made, what would you want it to focus on the most? The Killers and their Backstories, the Survivors.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • A series of short films about the killers and survivors from before they were taken by the Entity and until they wound up in the Fog would be nice. A single-player game about the Cult of the Entity or other pieces of lore would be very cool.

    No TV shows, nor books, nor comics, though. TV shows tend to get too cash-grabby and try to prolong a series well past its expiration date. Books would be boring, just a copy/paste of what we already have in the lore. Comics would have the same problem as the books, but with pictures.

  • @Orion said:

    A series of short films about the killers and survivors from before they were taken by the Entity and until they wound up in the Fog would be nice. A single-player game about the Cult of the Entity or other pieces of lore would be very cool.

    No TV shows, nor books, nor comics, though. TV shows tend to get too cash-grabby and try to prolong a series well past its expiration date. Books would be boring, just a copy/paste of what we already have in the lore. Comics would have the same problem as the books, but with pictures.

    Fair enough. If they did make a book or a comic it would preferably be with new lore, rather then what we already have. I do agree on the TV show thing though. I would love to see short films on all the Killers though, I think it'd be very neat. Same thing with the Survivors, though I think the Killers are far more interesting most of the time.

  • @Wooden_Enthusiasm said:

    Im a sucker for short animations like the old tf2 ones and kleis little shorts for their characters I'd like to see behavior do some like those

    Meet the Trapper

    "Some people think they can outsmart me. Maybe... Maybe. I've yet to meet someone who can outsmart Mori."

  • I love animations personally so would really love to see more of those.

    *I'm also a bit of a sucker for comics so wouldn't mind that either*

  • It's not so much an external media product, but I'd really love if they added a "Gallery" to DbD where you could unlock concept/teaser art to view (from the Archives, Prestige, and Achievements, NOT the Rift).

    Unlockable concept art was a pretty big thing during the Sixth Console Generation (GameCube, PS2, Original Xbox) and unfortunately kind of faded out abruptly afterwards. I'm a sucker for early drawings and storyboards that designers would later use to model game/movie assets, so it's been a bummer that this practice hasn't really returned.

    I see it as a cool way to add an extra collectible/unlockable to the game for players to work towards which would also showcase how the game has grown since its original development. It could also be a fun place to store some of the artwork used to tease new chapters and map updates and plug some of the team members who created the concepts and models.

  • I would love a Netflix series showing the origins of every character like in episode 1 it shows the Trappers origin then in episode 2 it talks about Dwight then episode 3 it’s about the Wraith.

    I would like if DBD made funko pops there models are perfect for making funko pops

  • @Zayn said:

    Funko Pops

    @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I would love a Netflix series showing the origins of every character like in episode 1 it shows the Trappers origin then in episode 2 it talks about Dwight then episode 3 it’s about the Wraith.

    I would like if DBD made funko pops there models are perfect for making funko pops

    For some reason I could've sworn they had Funko Pops.

  • animation shorts or comics exploring the lore, especially of the killers

  • I actually was thinking about this. I was writing a series of short stories that might turn out to be canon in DBD lore. Its called Pinebrook, its a town where many dark things happened, as a result monsters and demons were born there, I can't tell you what happened exactly because it'd be spoiling. Anyway I had a crazy idea one time to make it canon to the DBD lore, with characters like Talbot Grimes, Evan Macmillan, and Philip Ojomo as characters that existed in that universe . Hell the Idea went so far to say the Pustulas flowers were a bi product of how these monsters were created. However I probably won't go that far because it'd be copyrighting but it was a cool idea overall to think about. But maybe who knows.

    I would love Funko Pops and maybe a tv series would be cool

  • Nothing. The lore is boring.