Why does nobody ever consider solo player all I see is talks about swf
This is just so confusing everyone acts like there's always a swf im a solo player and all I see is people always justifying camping and acting like solo player can do anything about it and also that if a survivor team is good they are swf why do people act like swf has a steady input of info. Whenever I played in a swf the most wed communicate is whos getting chased, if someone need helps getting away from a tunneler and rescues sometimes the communication wasn't even that good but I rarely play swf. Do I have to continuously play swf to enjoy the game it's so confusing it's like nobody thinks about the solo players at all. Literally I don't want to have to depend on other teammates skills and communication whenever I want to have a fun or casula match. Also before anyone comments I don't use ds.
Comments
"I don't want to have to depend on other teammates skills and communication".
I am sorry to break it to you but that problem Will always happen if you dont play friends. The devs cant help you with bad teammates.
Only so much can be done for solo. Honestly most of the problems aren't even from lack of communication, it's just other survivors not playing very well. I see more SWF mess up when i play killer than i see solos.
Solos are fine as is tbh
It's because SWF is a huge problem in this game, balance wised. They got so many benefits with no downsides at all.
In your case, knowing someone is being chased is a huge intel already, because you can sit at the gen for that time, and not worry for killer coming for you.
And usually it's SWF groups that want to be toxic and abuse the perks like DS and BT. So obviously killers are complaining about SWF more often.
As for camping and tunnelling in solo, i actually love being camped and tunnelled... that is if my teammates do their job. Because i know that if killer decide to do this, they always lose the game even if i died in process. And i'm quite confident in wasting killer's time, so it's a job well done for me. However, it's usually my teammates that angers me like they let me 1 hooked despite killer is not around, and i brought kindred.
How...how on earth could you possibly think solo queue is fine the way it is right now? Being matched up with a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing at rank 1 isn't fine.
Because solo queue is fine
Solo only appears weak because of swf's advantages and mentality.
In solo you cant "win" despite dying like in swf. 3 dead, 1 escape: "gg ez baby killer we won" by one of the dead folk.
SWF are a very significant problem. However, people do bring up issues with solo queue... all the time, in fact.
I believe most issues with solo queue are due to matchmaking pairing you with people who don't know what they're donig, even if you do. Even though I don't like survivor in general, I find myself having a pretty tolerable, and even decent time playing when my teammates are decent, even if we don't escape. My biggest frustrations come from running the killer for 3 minutes to see no gens done, a teammate running around like a headless chicken, one hiding in a locker, the other one right beside me as im being carried by the killer, thinking the killer didnt see them...
My guess is, if matchmaking gets better, so too will solo queue. But SWF will remain a problem for as long as their communication just trumps the balance of the game, gives them several perks for free and negates several killer perks and powers for free.
Because swf its real trouble in this game.
Because swf can use voice
Because swf can communicate
Because swf can choose perks together and items
Because swf can talk where is killer info about repair gens
And this big trouble make 1 thing
Survivor's game so boring because easy killer's game hardcore
And if more survivors were pro players the could run away without discord and game was more interesting
I solo 95% time.
1, make a build that gives you comfort. (Mine: detectives, inner, pharmacy, sprint)
2, your team may be wall hugging, they may be trolls, they may be pro, they may be swf. Regardless, you can't control them.
3, take every game in stride. Got tunnelled, camped, mori? It's not your fault the killer plays this way, and you won't survive all the time.
I don't like the swf imbalance, but word of mouth and multiplayer will move more copies.
Unfortunately, it's never going away.
Gotta accept and move on.
coming from a long time solo que player, its not. Solo is a huge gamble and the most BS things can happned, you being paired with a rank 10 that only got 50 hour or so of playtime, going against pink addon Spirit which heavily decrease your odds of escaping etc.
Solo has become a chore pretty much
I think swf should give less bp, and killers that do vs swf get that extra bp.
Solo q is a bravery test, while swf is a borderline exploit.
I play solo.... and have as much fun as I can
That's all I want to do
I agree. It seems like killers are constantly screaming about SWFs and how they're unfair for killers. I've had seven friends try this game and they all quit because match making so heavily favored the killer, most games we couldn't even repair three gens. No one seems to mention that though. I play solo and it's pretty miserable a lot of times, especially with the Tome challenges now. Your entire team is only focused on getting their challenge done, screw actually playing the game. I have more than 1000 hours in this game and probably 925 are solo. I'd love to know how many people actually play SWF, and how many of those the survivors all have a similar skill. Killers seem to make the most noise on the forum complaining about how unfair SWFs are though.
The real problem with the game is this.
SWF are overpowered, especially the really good ones.
Solos are underpowered, even the really good ones.
In general at the highest level of play, this game heavily favors survivors. It is pretty clear that is the case.
At the lowest level of play, this game heavily favors killers. It is also pretty clear that is the case.
That is the problem with this game and why you see such a disconnect from both sides complaining about the other. The reality is, the devs need to do something to nerf high level SWF kill squads, while also buffing solo survivors.
There are a few things they can do that i think would help that a long way, like:
There are many other things that they could do that could help the situation.
Solo is entirely dependent on your teammates. Your skill hardly even matters when the other 3 teammates you have can't even touch a gen.
Solo is an absolute nightmare and there's a reason so many switch to SWF once they play solo for a decent bit.