I don't get the 'killer is stressful' attitude~

As a killer main its like I have a never-ending rotation of prey to hunt! A constantly rotating buffet of people to hunt! The thrill of the chase excites me! The hook at the end is just validation! The SMACK sometimes I legit find myself licking my lips at the computer in anticipation for it. This game pushes buttons for me.


Anyone else? Just the anticipation of hunting my prey sets off dopamine for me. Playing killer is incredibly cathartic for me. And the fact that more people want to play survivor... more people want to be my prey than want to hunt? Well that just means more for me! More to EAT! I grin at my computer every time I yank someone out of a locker. Every time someone is downed to my power at a critical moment. I am baffled as to how killer is the less popular side to play, but I'm not complaining! It means I don't have to share my food!

Comments

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1769850#Comment_1769850

    That just adds to the power fantasy for me. I have the mind set the the survivors were set loose in the enclosure for me to play with. They exist in the trial for my entertainment. I get to be greedy and hunt them all so in that way I suppose they have fun, but as I said, the suvivors are there to make sure the killer enjoys themselves. In the game the Killers are the main characters.

    Well... I guess we need more players like u on dbd.

  • Thank god this dude is satisfying his sadistic needs on this game and not people irl.

  • Hay mods how do you delete someone else's post?

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    As a killer main its like I have a never-ending rotation of prey to hunt! A constantly rotating buffet of people to hunt! The thrill of the chase excites me! The hook at the end is just validation! The SMACK sometimes I legit find myself licking my lips at the computer in anticipation for it. This game pushes buttons for me.

    Anyone else? Just the anticipation of hunting my prey sets off dopamine for me. Playing killer is incredibly cathartic for me. And the fact that more people want to play survivor... more people want to be my prey than want to hunt? Well that just means more for me! More to EAT! I grin at my computer every time I yank someone out of a locker. Every time someone is downed to my power at a critical moment. I am baffled as to how killer is the less popular side to play, but I'm not complaining! It means I don't have to share my food!

    We need more killers like this guy! I'm serious. As a survivor main, I enjoy going up against this type of killer even if it means I'm completely crushed

  • I'm kinda surprised that someone roleplaying as a killer gets the same amount of distain as someone who would claim that Trapper needs a nerf. If not more.

    Anyway, the reason the people find killer stressful is the sheer amount of time and resource management you have to do when going up against good or even decent survivors. Every single mistake you do could potentially end the game for you but survivors can make many mistakes and still have a decent chance of winning.

    Playing killer is a tight rope race where everyone else gets a safety net to fall into except you. That's why so many people find it stressful.

  • I love the wording!

    Made me think of my daughter and my mom who passed. Both of them love watching the game when I was the killer. My daughter deciding if I should let a survivor go or not.

    My mom wanting me to face camp. She got me to do it once with a really toxic player that urked her the wrong way. My daughter cheered when the spider god came.

    Theres been games where I knock a person down, carry them around and my daughter says drop them by a survivor. If the survivor heals them, I'm allowed to let them escape but I have to make them work for it. If the survivor doesn't help the poor dropped victim, well now, the kiddo says spider god is hungry.

    So I have more going on when I'm hunting the victims. And sometimes it's more entertaining than playing hide and seek with survivors who just won't do generators (that team of 4 that I kept pulling out of lockers.... my daughter who is now 4 had some very interesting things to say about you)

    She gets to pick the killer (Anna the Huntress Bunny is her favorite) and she cackled with glee when I threw a hatchet up up and away and there was a survivor cry of pain in the distance.

    Then when I switch to survivor, I get advice from the peanut gallery and it's glorious. My family is less forgiving of a Claudette who doesn't patch me up when I get unhooked. And then tells me I'm not allowed to patch that person up. Right... I will patch folks up, unless they purposely bring the killer to me.

  • Legit just got off playing afew killer games, it's really opened my eyes too how survivor sided the game Is, or maybe I just have bad luck only going against SWF's?

  • Yes killer is more stressful, but when people claim survivor is easy mode, they seem to forget that 4 survivors spread out the workload between each other while Killer is alone & has 100% workload, so it’s naturally stressful to play killer.

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    As a killer main its like I have a never-ending rotation of prey to hunt! A constantly rotating buffet of people to hunt! The thrill of the chase excites me! The hook at the end is just validation! The SMACK sometimes I legit find myself licking my lips at the computer in anticipation for it. This game pushes buttons for me.

    Anyone else? Just the anticipation of hunting my prey sets off dopamine for me. Playing killer is incredibly cathartic for me. And the fact that more people want to play survivor... more people want to be my prey than want to hunt? Well that just means more for me! More to EAT! I grin at my computer every time I yank someone out of a locker. Every time someone is downed to my power at a critical moment. I am baffled as to how killer is the less popular side to play, but I'm not complaining! It means I don't have to share my food!

    I like the teamwork. But I agree with you that it's baffling that so many killer mains scream that they game is so stressful and hard to play. It's a game. Why are they playing it if it's not fun? Why would anyone play any game that is not fun?

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    As a killer main its like I have a never-ending rotation of prey to hunt! A constantly rotating buffet of people to hunt! The thrill of the chase excites me! The hook at the end is just validation! The SMACK sometimes I legit find myself licking my lips at the computer in anticipation for it. This game pushes buttons for me.

    Anyone else? Just the anticipation of hunting my prey sets off dopamine for me. Playing killer is incredibly cathartic for me. And the fact that more people want to play survivor... more people want to be my prey than want to hunt? Well that just means more for me! More to EAT! I grin at my computer every time I yank someone out of a locker. Every time someone is downed to my power at a critical moment. I am baffled as to how killer is the less popular side to play, but I'm not complaining! It means I don't have to share my food!

    I get a very similar feeling whilst playing Killer, from The agitation of putting the last survivor on Death hook, or the anger you feel when the trial tips into the survivors favor.

  • every time i hit a survivor, i laugth as the clown does in rl.

  • Being a killer is lonely sometimes basement chest is all you have and they come and steal that as well. The entity is a cold mistress better to play as nea and be tickled to death on hook than be killer.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Play survivor and you see what a difference it is. Survivor only have stressful moments when you are being chased more or less. Killer you have to constantly be on the move and awere of what is going on around you all the time. Some people feel at home in stressful situations I have a few of those at work, while most of us don't like stress.

    Just because someone thinks somethings is stressful doesn't mean we all do.

    Stress, like fun is subjective and personal.

    It's more like, some find the pressure to win stressful and find it's easier to win as a survivor and therefore less stressful. (Hypothesis, not statement of fact)

    You can't tell someone something is stressful because that's how you feel. You can, however, tell someone you find it stressful.

    I don't find either role stressful as beyond "not winning" there is no consequence to "not winning".

    I believe OP will get more out of their games because they are having fun and not taking it too seriously.

    Some people probably get stressed with their teammates, when they play survivor, either because they feel they've been abandoned on hook, the other survivors have become potatoes or you feel they just purposely lead the killer to your location.

    It's all a matter of perspective and attitude.

1 2 ›