I have a Tome idea that will help f2p players

As all of you know, there are certain killers and survivors required to do certain challenges. If someone hasn't bought the killer or survivor yet, or just doesn't have the shards, they pretty much can't do the challenge. So what if equipping that character-specific challenge would unlock that character temporarily so the challenge could actually be done? I think it's a good idea, and it isn't that far out because we used to have the splinters in the bloodweb that would let you play as a DLC killer. What do y'all think?

Comments

  • I think it's great. We had offerings that allowed to try licensed killers. But this idea is great. Those who doesn't have particular killer could try it to decide if they like it.

  • I'd like this idea, and if we had it maybe the Shrine of Secrets wouldn't have to be flooded with 2 specific perks every week. The Shrine is already a joke, so literally any reform to it would be good.

    But it probably won't happen because $$$

  • Why can’t they just bring back shards

  • @ThePolice said:

    Why can’t they just bring back shards

    What do you mean? Iridescent shards or the splinters?

  • If someone is not interested in a character but still wants to do the challenge he deserves the chance. But I think they fear people would keep the challenge forever to play characters without buying them.

  • the only issue I see with that is the potential to abuse it for free content. For example if Billy weren't free then someone who hadn't purchased him could just select the "chainsaw 2 survivors within 30 seconds" and avoid fulfilling the challenge in order to play billy whenever they want

  • @White_Owl said:

    If someone is not interested in a character but still wants to do the challenge he deserves the chance. But I think they fear people would keep the challenge forever to play characters without buying them.

    Maybe they could make it so you don't have access to the bloodweb and can't use perks or add-ons for that killer. Sure they could still play the killer, but I doubt any normal person is gonna have fun forever without perks or add-ons.

  • @FrootLoops said:

    the only issue I see with that is the potential to abuse it for free content. For example if Billy weren't free then someone who hadn't purchased him could just select the "chainsaw 2 survivors within 30 seconds" and avoid fulfilling the challenge in order to play billy whenever they want

    If they do that, I guess they don't get to complete the challenge. They can have one or the other.

  • What would stop me from just selecting the challenge and not completing it?

    Thereby unlocking the character permanently. After a while you could get all the characters for free