I Think Its Time.

I think its time to give Killers an extra perk slot. After thinking about it the number of Hex Perks are going to increase and with Survivors having a way to cleanse these CAREFULLY HIDDEN totems removing Killers perks meaning a game where Survivors have a grand Total of 16 perks and the Killer can only 4 (unless they bring in a totem and it gets cleansed) 3 to 2 or 1 perk.

I feel like either the Killer should gain an extra perk slot or the Killer should be able to place extra totems in the map at the cost of time.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • That whole argument of 16 perks against 4 perks does not make any sense in an asymmetrical game. The perks are designed with this in mind.

    Hex totems are mostly high risk high reward. And at least with the new maps and I guess some of the spots in the reworked ones the hiding spots get better! Plus they will be harder to spot with the new graphical update in the upcoming chapter.

  • If an extra perk slot would be introduced, it would undoubtedly have to be done for both sides, and the whole balance of the game would have to be reworked around that change. I don't think it would solve anything, just cause more issues.

    Hex totems are always going to be a risk vs reward thing, nothing would change that.

  • @Mooks said:

    That whole argument of 16 perks against 4 perks does not make any sense in an asymmetrical game. The perks are designed with this in mind.

    Hex totems are mostly high risk high reward. And at least with the new maps and I guess some of the spots in the reworked ones the hiding spots get better! Plus they will be harder to spot with the new graphical update in the upcoming chapter.

    Yeah don't count your breath on the hidden totems. Countless updates and their still spawns a totem in the middle of a clearing in asylum.

    And in a normal sense I would agree but this isn't the game it was in the beginning. Now this game is flooded Swf meta builds. Where if one knows where your totem is everybody knows. Killer perks and natural game play have changed to the point that if you actually want to get anywhere in an actual match Ruin + Undying has to be a staple of your kit.

    The change might actually bring some LOVE back to the Killer side. Where if Ruin and Undying aren't found in the first 10 seconds of the game you aren't out 2 perks or 1 perks

    Trying to protect the game as it was when it first came out is admirable but all things need to move forward.

  • @ZFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1759864#Comment_1759864

    Yeah don't count your breath on the hidden totems. Countless updates and their still spawns a totem in the middle of a clearing in asylum.

    And in a normal sense I would agree but this isn't the game it was in the beginning. Now this game is flooded Swf meta builds. Where if one knows where your totem is everybody knows. Killer perks and natural game play have changed to the point that if you actually want to get anywhere in an actual match Ruin + Undying has to be a staple of your kit.

    The change might actually bring some LOVE back to the Killer side. Where if Ruin and Undying aren't found in the first 10 seconds of the game you aren't out 2 perks or 1 perks

    Trying to protect the game as it was when it first came out is admirable but all things need to move forward.

    Asylum is still about to get the rework. And I am almost 100 percent certain that this one totem spot won’t stay.

    now look at the midwich totem spots or some of the lerys.

  • @Mandy said:

    If an extra perk slot would be introduced, it would undoubtedly have to be done for both sides, and the whole balance of the game would have to be reworked around that change. I don't think it would solve anything, just cause more issues.

    Hex totems are always going to be a risk vs reward thing, nothing would change that.

    Why both? You have 16 perks total against 4. I think Survivors have 1 to 2 perks that can be considered useless such as unbreakable and the unhook yourself one. My point being is take a look at every Killers load out if you play at all I swear if you don't see Ruin and Undying or PGTW in 80% to 90% your a lier or your in green ranks or above.

    Most of the Hex totems are powerful but time and time again the devs prove they can barely hid these things I still have Ruin spawn in an open field in asylum or 5 to 10 feet next to someone. My point is if the Killer had a 5th perk slot we might see an actual shift in perks the Killers could use. My point is 16 perks on a team who communicate is a very powerful thing. And with Killer perks getting progressively weaker something has to change.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1760201#Comment_1760201

    Asylum is still about to get the rework. And I am almost 100 percent certain that this one totem spot won’t stay.

    now look at the midwich totem spots or some of the lerys.

    Are we playing the same game? Totems the skull things that can sit in an open locker in a long hallway? Or in really obvious protrusions in the map. And that's on midwich. Or are we talking about being hid behind a long row of benches around the outside of the map that? The only good hiding spot on the map was the one on the observation level and everybody knows were that one spawns.

    I haven't plated the TTS because all of my perks and unlockables are all on console but I give it 2 to 3 weeks before theirs a video on youtube showing off their incredible hiding spots.

  • @ZFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1760228#Comment_1760228

    Are we playing the same game? Totems the skull things that can sit in an open locker in a long hallway? Or in really obvious protrusions in the map. And that's on midwich. Or are we talking about being hid behind a long row of benches around the outside of the map that? The only good hiding spot on the map was the one on the observation level and everybody knows were that one spawns.

    I haven't plated the TTS because all of my perks and unlockables are all on console but I give it 2 to 3 weeks before theirs a video on youtube showing off their incredible hiding spots.

    Yeah you are right. We are playing different games. Have a great day. Bye.