"Sighs" It's a Pyramid Head.

You know I'm actually starting to realize how much unfun Pyramid Head is to play against. Recently I've been getting a lot of Pyramid heads and I'm really starting to realize how much of an unhealthy killer he is. So let me just get started with saying this, we have 21 killers in the game (Soon to be 22) and I would say 10 out of the 21 killers we have are very healthy for this type of game. I'm not gonna list those other 11 killers because that's not really what I wanna concentrate on, but what I do wanna concentrate on are these 3 killers which are Spirit, Deathslinger, and Pyramid Head...but mainly Pyramid head.

First we got introduced to spirit, and we all know a majority of each others opinions on her because of the way she plays out. She's the first unhealthy killer we ever got introduced to and we started to see a bit of a pattern as more killers got released.

Then we got Deathslinger, now I don't even think Deathslinger is nearly as unhealhty as spirit, but he still is a bit of an unhealthy killer in the way of no matter how balanced you make him, he's still gonna be an unfun killer to play against because of what he's played as. Now this is where I really wanna talk about in my forum post. Now we have our 3rd unfun killer which is Pyramid Head. Now I'm gonna say this plain and simple, I would 100% rather play against a spirit and a Deathslinger than a Pyramid head and let me tell you why. Whenever you go into a match against a Spirit, you're most likely thinking you're gonna go down pretty fast because there's no real counter play to her, but you still have a 50/50 chance against her. You can use Iron Will, maybe Hide in a locker, or pre-drop a pallet. For Deathslinger, he's got a number of counters, like not just holding W and actually trying to dodge him, or dropping a pallet so he can't hit you through it. Ya know just simple counter play like that.

Now here's the main reason why I made this forum post. Pyramid Head has no counters at all. His caging ability is the dumbest thing ever, "Oh there's goes my BT and DS" because caging completely ignores hook perks so if you get tunneled then oh well there goes half of my perk setup. The whole aspect of the caging ability is just very dumb and poorly thought out on. If you loop him at a pallet it's either you throw the pallet down and get hit with his Punishment of the Damned, or you don't throw the pallet down and he just M1's you and you go down, and that's my main issue with him. You get killed for playing well that's not how a killer is supposed to be. You're suppose to be rewarded for playing well and Pyramid Head does the complete opposite.

Spirit and Deathslinger are definitely unhealthy killers but I wanted to mainly point out Pyramid Head. I'm just surprised I don't really hear people complain about him very often and I thought I should give a reasonable thought oh these killers.

I had to make this a bit more neat because I kept getting complaints on how thick of a paragraph it was so hopefully it's a lot easier to read now.

Comments

  • @KettleWettle said:

    You know I'm actually starting to realize how much unfun Pyramid Head is to play against. Recently I've been getting a lot of Pyramid heads and I'm really starting to realize how much of an unhealthy killer he is. So let me just get started with saying this, we have 21 killers in the game (Soon to be 22) and I would say 10 out of the 21 killers we have are very healthy for this type of game. I'm not gonna list those other 11 killers because that's not really what I wanna concentrate on, but what I do wanna concentrate on are these 3 killers which are Spirit, Deathslinger, and Pyramid Head...but mainly Pyramid head.

    First we got introduced to spirit, and we all know a majority of each others opinions on her because of the way she plays out. She's the first unhealthy killer we ever got introduced to and we started to see a bit of a pattern as more killers got released.

    Then we got Deathslinger, now I don't even think Deathslinger is nearly as unhealhty as spirit, but he still is a bit of an unhealthy killer in the way of no matter how balanced you make him, he's still gonna be an unfun killer to play against because of what he's played as. Now this is where I really wanna talk about in my forum post. Now we have our 3rd unfun killer which is Pyramid Head. Now I'm gonna say this plain and simple, I would 100% rather play against a spirit and a Deathslinger than a Pyramid head and let me tell you why. Whenever you go into a match against a Spirit, you're most likely thinking you're gonna go down pretty fast because there's no real counter play to her, but you still have a 50/50 chance against her. You can use Iron Will, maybe Hide in a locker, or pre-drop a pallet. For Deathslinger, he's got a number of counters, like not just holding W and actually trying to dodge him, or dropping a pallet so he can't hit you through it. Ya know just simple counter play like that.

    Now here's the main reason why I made this forum post. Pyramid Head has no counters at all. His caging ability is the dumbest thing ever, "Oh there's goes my BT and DS" because caging completely ignores hook perks so if you get tunneled then oh well there goes half of my perk setup. The whole aspect of the caging ability is just very dumb and poorly thought out on. If you loop him at a pallet it's either you throw the pallet down and get hit with his Punishment of the Damned, or you don't throw the pallet down and he just M1's you and you go down, and that's my main issue with him. You get killed for playing well that's not how a killer is supposed to be. You're suppose to be rewarded for playing well and Pyramid Head does the complete opposite.

    Spirit and Deathslinger are definitely unhealthy killers but I wanted to mainly point out Pyramid Head. I'm just surprised I don't really hear people complain about him very often and I thought I should give a reasonable thought oh these killers.

    I had to make this a bit more neat because I kept getting complaints on how thick of a paragraph it was so hopefully it's a lot easier to read now.

    image.png

    Epic MS Paint skillz

  • Pyramid Head counterplay before the "nerf": good positioning, drop pallet early, make him break it or use his power and try to juke it to gain distance (long cooldown).

    Pyramid Head counterplay after the nerf: same but now you don't get any distance unless you get hit. very healthy nerf.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1762081#Comment_1762081

    Because chases are the only thing that keeps most people playing DbD, and killers with no counterplay remove chases. And yeah, these killers have no counterplay. You aren't getting outplayed, because there's no play you can make. It's just get spotted, get hit, hold W.

    If that's how your games are going then you need to get better vs those killers. Just because you get destroyed, doesn't mean there's no counter play. Literally every killer has been beaten but you act like it never happens.

    Watch good players on YT and learn. I know I have been. Been playing more survivor since returning to the game, got rekt by new killers that I haven't played before and didn't whine about it because there's things to learn.

1 2 3 ›