Why are there five versions of Badham?

Badham is definitely a weird realm. I see it WAY too many times compared to other realms like Lery's, and why does it have 5 versions? The map stays mostly the same, the main-building is always the same, it just mostly about the layout. The two Red Forest maps look fairly different from each others while still being in the same real, so why exactly does Badham have FIVE not-so-different versions?

Comments

  • So they can brag that they did FIVE variations. All the did is moved tiles around the map.

  • Yeah that confused me also.

  • Probably because that's all they are legally allowed to do with the map,

  • Yeah I thought it was strange too considering the maps are supposed to be procedurally generated anyway. Love the map though.

    Hopefully a Haddonfield rework isn’t too far off (but hopefully without 5 variations)

  • I'd always though that the Badham variations were an experiment to see how more maps could be added to single-map realms. Well, and to rework Badham's layout (since it was formerly one of the most survivor-biased maps in DbD).

    It probably wasn't a complete success though, given that Badham Preschool 1-3 are basically all the same map and they haven't tried to do this again with any of the other realms.

  • By now they should cut down of the versions of Badham I'm seeing it far to often just because it has a different number each time doesn't matter.

  • All they had to do was make each variation a possibility when you get sent to that realm. Like in custom games, you pick "Badham Preschool" and you can get sent to one of the 5.

    1. legal issues
    2. Badham frequency was too low compared to other realms that had multiple maps?
    3. wanted to give more fodder for their first "graphics" update?


  • @bjorksnas said:

    Probably because that's all they are legally allowed to do with the map,

    @Kind_Lemon said:

    1. legal issues
    2. Badham frequency was too low compared to other realms that had multiple maps?
    3. wanted to give more fodder for their first "graphics" update?

    I thought BHVR said that they did not have to worry about any legal tape surrounding balance changes to a guest IP?

  • what are the big differences in the 5?

  • @HellDescent said:

    So they can brag that they did FIVE variations. All the did is moved tiles around the map.

    Yeah, these tile movements should be default rng generation of ONE map variation. Ffs

  • I "think" RNG will random pick a Realm, then it random picks a map of that Realm.

    So example you have 4 Realms (MacMilan (5 maps), Lery (1 map), Game (1map), Springwood (5 maps))


    The RNG will pick 1 of them (25% chance), then pick 1 of 5 maps from that realm. Like this

    image.png


    And not like this

    image.png

    So, you're not "suffered" 5 more times from the mess of the map.

    And If you ask why Spring wood only have the number 1-2-3-4-5 and not named like MacMillan, because the map names is the name of Main buildings, which is different for each map. Spring wood is just a shuffle the placement of the same buildings.

  • @Senpavo said:

    Badham is definitely a weird realm. I see it WAY too many times compared to other realms like Lery's, and why does it have 5 versions? The map stays mostly the same, the main-building is always the same, it just mostly about the layout. The two Red Forest maps look fairly different from each others while still being in the same real, so why exactly does Badham have FIVE not-so-different versions?

    Because if you are going to make a bad map, why not go all out and make 5 of them.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1736626#Comment_1736626

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1738805#Comment_1738805

    I thought BHVR said that they did not have to worry about any legal tape surrounding balance changes to a guest IP?

    oh? perhaps they did? I don't remember the events super clearly, but that's what I took away. I could be wrong.