I am seeing a lot of bans recently.
I am hearing/seeing bans happening a lot recently, and for reasons I am not really getting I mean here is the rules:
Permanent bans will be issued without warning for:
- Threats, even as a joke
- Attempting to bypass a previous ban
- The use of alt accounts in any capacity
- Posting another user’s personal information
- Linking to, advertising, or distributing cheats or exploits
- Openly admitting to cheating
But...................................it feels like bans are happening for not these reasons, can anyone shed light on this please?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Not sure, but this seems like a risky post. Hope you know the potential consequences my guy.
I am a girl :) well a woman.....sings "i`m not a girl.....not yet a woman" well it is risky in a sense it's more inquiring, perhaps I am missing something?
Mushwin!
*hangs head* sorry
It's not just the insta-permanent bans, but also if someone's been jailed before then the next offence they commit will be a month-long ban, and then a permanent ban after that. So it's breaking any of those rules, as well as any of the standard rules, some of which are easy to forget about (like no insulting or naming-and-shaming).
We have a escalation system in place. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/138-forum-ban-escalation Unless whatever a user did was quite severe or under the permanent ban list, we follow the escalation system when it comes to consequences.
and if you read the whole set of rules, there are way more things you can get punished for and if it escalates, it is possible to earn a permanent ban: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/137-forum-rules
I locked the thread as it might possibly spark discussions about other people who have been banned and as it states in the rules, that is to be avoided.
But we definitely don't instantly perma ban everyone. The escalation system is in place for people to learn and grow from the the things as we're all humans, but there still are offenses that are permanent ban for many reasons.