More killer environmental advantages.
We all know killer sucks and has nothing innately in their advantage.
To clarify, I mean going into a game, they only have what they brought with them. Their add-ons, their powers, their perks. No innate advantage other than if the level is killer sided.
If they load into a level full of los blockers and loops that chain continuously into more and more pallets, and they didn't build for it, they're going to have a bad time. Which creates a precedent that they HAVE to build for it every time or suffer the consequences.
Now we have seen a shift in killer interaction from the introduction of totems and more recently destructible walls. So why not more?
One issue that comes up frequently is the height advantage. A survivor on the second floor is pretty confident don't you think? Killer ladders would certainly mix things up in this case.
Swampy area? Why doesn't the mud afflict hindered?
Rain (does DBD have rain?) should have a natural Ruin-like effect on outdoor gens. It's getting water in all the electrical bits. Why not? Gen placement would be more mindful to this fact.
And those cornfield level could benefit from tipping over a large barrel of petrol and creating a temporary dynamic level hazard.
So what else you think the killer could have in the level?
Comments
I actually like the idea of having more interactive maps as it can become quite stagnant when nothing actually changes a part from the scenery. I know it’s a small change, but I love that you now hear the snow crunching beneath your feet on Ormond when you play as survivor.
I think it could be quite cool if you could knock things over as a survivor or stand on branches which then alerted the killer. It would definitely add to the horror atmosphere as these are things we constantly see in horror movies.
Imagine sneaking off into the corn, only to then stand on a branch which alerts the killer. I’d actually love it. 😂
DbD does have rain, in the Red Forest realm. It's one of the reasons why it's the most gorgeous realm.
I would like to see realms and maps given more "personality" than just the landscape. However, I am worried about a few things:
Heavy snow filled areas would leave footprints.
Oil slicks near vaults would turn fast vaults into slow or medium. There's so much they could do.
Main question would be what would survivors be able to do if survivors could do things as well.
Maybe they use a one use item that creates the hazard in the first place. Like shocking the killer with an electrical box, but it makes the transformer explode disabling all lights in the area forcing the use of special flashlights you can't blind with.
It would spur the creation of sheltered gens that have the advantage of not being affected by rain, but have less spots for survivors to work on it. There would also be a min counter for gens in the rain like base 3 and a min for sheltered gens. BALANCE.
But realistically, gens should have more variables to them. You can set your watch to how quickly a coordinated team eats gens that have no protections in place.
Complicated? Kinda. I'd say nuanced. But it wouldn't be shallow which would be worse.
Performance issues aside, it needs some future goals. Additional environmental interactions besides pallets, walls, and totems would be very welcome addition.