Which of the "A" or "S" tier killers is the easiest to learn?

Hey there guys! Some weeks ago, I posted asking for advice on getting out of the limbo I was stuck in (Rank 12-10), and I've finally managed to move forward, now jumping in between ranks 8 and 7 :) I'm very grateful for all your advice as it has really helped me improve.

That said, it's becoming more and more common to be paired against Rank 3-1 survivors, and even though now I usually get "Brutal Killer" at minimum, I still find it hard to progress and do better, mostly because I still haven't settled on learning a killer good before moving forward. I felt comfortable with Legion, but I really struggle using him against higher ranked players because Deep Wounds isn't a menace at all and besides stabbing someone to see who else is on the map is about the only thing I can do with him.

I decided to go for some of the stronger "meta" killers, but I have problems with every single one of them:

-Hag: As I've gone up in ranks, keeping up with survivors working hard on multiple gens has made playing her harder, my traps trigger all around the map, usually on different edges, and I can't chase good enough.

-Billy: Chasing while using the chainsaw dash has always been impossible for me.

-Oni: Same as Billy, I can't seem to make any use of its power; dashing makes me lose sight of whomever I'm chasing, and I can't for the love of God hit anyone with the club lounge.

-Nightmare: I've found much more success using him than Hag, but the use of his snares is tricky at best, and I still feel survivors just aren't afraid of falling asleep, and it's the same thing: survivors just spread around the map doing gens very quick, my teleport will let me keep tabs on two at best, but even then that's not enough. The only games I manage to win with him are where my NOED wasn't cleansed, just to be called slurs on chat, more often than I'd like to.

-Nurse: If I can't hit people with Billy and Oni, you bet I can't do anything with Nurse.

-Huntress: I have terrible aim. I can't do anything in PvP shooters, let alone here that hitboxes are so wonky.

-Executioner: Out of those I'd say this is the killer I understand the least...

So, I know I'll have to stick to one of the stronger killers if I want to become better, but I'm sure my dumb self must be overthinking (or overlooking) something about them and at least one of them might be easier to use and understand than the rest. I'd like some advice again :( Thanks for your help guys, and have a beautiful day!

Comments

  • Freddy is more of less a basic M1 killer with an insane amount of utility so I'd go with him. I'd be prepared for lots of DCs though, especially in low ranks as he isn't exactly the most enjoyable or satisfying killer to go against.

  • @Go_Go_Roboto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1732556#Comment_1732556

    Hag is definitely hard to pickup if you don't play trapp daddy.

    Hey, that reminds me:

    I know Trapper isn't on your list, but he can definitely preform at high ranks if you practice enough! I take any excuse to tell people to play him.

    But to stay on topic, here's some info that works for hag (and trapper?) that will help you in the beginning of learning:

    Never try to evenly place traps across the map, most will get wasted or be useless to you. Don't go for a 3-gen (because that's an easy wrench to throw in your plans), but instead cover a portion of the map that is easiest to control. Playing these killers will result in quick gens lost, their power is meant for snowballing and catching people off-guard. As hag, always place a trap near a hooked survivor and stay within teleport range. DO NOT CAMP, otherwise your throwing away pressure on everything else in the trial, not to mention wasting your trap. Instead, pressure the closest survivor to the hook/important gen/your web of traps.

    This is not the end-all for learning hag, you'll get to a point where you know when not to place traps on hook, how to make a 'web', etc. I would recommend checking out Otzdarva's videos for a different, more in depth, explanation that is done well. This goes with every killer also!

    Hoping to get back to trapper once I've got enough bloodpoints. I do love him but without my early game slowdown (corrupt) or at least a brown bag I find it impossible to have my setup ready before the first 2 gens.

  • Freddy, then Spirit.

    Freddy is quite easy to learn. I only use pallets and not snares although snares are better (less map dependent and more universal). Freddy is the only killer so far I can hold rank 4-3 with right now.

    Spirit takes a bit to learn, but is much easier than Nurse or Billy. You might have difficulties with Iron Will users in the beginning but you will learn to deal with it. Don't use Stridor in the beginning. It will hurt your skill in the long run.

  • whatever killer you play best or the killer you enjoy playing the most is usually your "s or a teior killers"

  • Back then when i was stuck in green ranks with Wraith i switched to Spirit and made it to Rank ~7-8 in relatively short time and then got stuck again till i had a lot more hours. Here is the thing: you will hear a lot of people saying "all you need is good headphones gg ez spirit OP" and that's just not true. IMO she begins to shine when you're good at the game in general. That means, play a lot of survivor, play other killers, learn basic killer gameplay and develop a good game sense. Then she becomes very, very good. I saw a lot of ~100h Spirits in purple/green ranks who got outplayed a lot and relied on simple proxy camping. You need to know what the survivor will do, you need to detect all the options the survivor has immediately when going into phase mode - because good survivors will not just run in straight lines or camp pallets. Otherwise you will waste a lot of time because you lost the survivor or you got outplayed on a pallet/vault.

    And btw this is (i think) also why a lot of seasoned players hate her, she is so strong when you know a lot about this game. If you have over 2000h and played a lot with other killers, you will have an easy time picking her up and 4k. But if you not, you will need some time to develop these skills. Besides that, the investment will pay off eventually. Just try her out and see if you like the mechanics. Personally, i don't care if other people think i play her for ez wins, i play her because i like the character and the mechanics. And btw, i still lose matches.

    Don't use Freddy. He is extremely boring to play as and against. He is like playing killer with training wheels. Choose someone who you really like and then git gud :) (most helpful advice ever)

  • NOED, s tier and easy as hell

1 2 ›