I hate the spirit's grunts
Sorry I can't give my opinions in the form of constructive criticism, but she really sounds like she was voiced by some intern for no reason. Her 3D model is brilliantly done, and her animations are by far the game's most impressive, but they're all ruined by her cartoony "NYAHH! I'M GONNA GET YOU GUYS ÒWÓ" noises. I liked it much much better when all the sounds she made came from an actual actress.
Comments
Just so you know the voice of the Spirit is a mod on this forum.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned the character from potentially scary to just dumb all in the name of nepotism. They kinda did that with doctor and his stupid laugh, but this is just clownshoes.
I agree I hate the spirits weirdly loud groans.
The voice is actually one of the Community Managers and has worked directly with the dev team. It's not "nepotism" so much as it is "she's an employee of sorts". They're not gonna hire voice actors from outside the team.
I don't see why not. Seems like the sensible thing to do when your team has no actors left.
As far as I know, this CM had never voiced anyone before. According to your own logic in this comment, she was therefore the best choice.
Yeah not_queen did the voice for her. They also probably manipulated the audio recordings of it, cause it doesn't sound like her. They need to re-manipulate them.
Pretty sure all Killer voice "lines" are manipulated.
I know I am in the minority, but I like it. It's unique. Plus, hearing the constant whooshing and ghostly moans while she's chasing you is a nice touch, though it can get annoying when you are playing her and waiting for a lobby.
I think they sound a bit "cartoon-y", if that makes sense, but I like them as well.
I hate em tbh
Yeah, even though she's neither an actress nor from outside the team. Nice try, though.
None of them are trained actors. They became (voice) actors by virtue of voicing characters. Nice try, though.
If the shrieks weren't used so frequently I wouldn't have a problem with it, but them appearing every 30 seconds is definitely ear-piercing.
It sounds too harsh, and needs sort of an ethereal tone to it. They should rework it to soften them. With such a "flowy, feminine" type killer, her voice is out of character. It sounds more like a Hag voice than a Spirit. Other than that, I love this killer and think she's incredibly unique.
Yeah she looks cool and scary but the first time I heard her in a match I just laughed. Haven't had that reaction with any other killer...even the clown (which I hate).
To be fair I don't have experience with disgruntled ghost ladies chasing after me in real life but I would assume (unlike my second favorite hobby on the internet) they don't sound as pleasing when the moan and groan.