Why only some blightskins on discount?

Really, I dont understand the logic/way of thinking here.

Previous 2 blight events I got (among others) the Wraith head and weapon.

Now I would like to get the body, so i waited for a while for the next blight event which is here and aaaand well, we all know how that turned out.

But that is not the point, with me already owning the other 2 parts, the body would have been 1 euro, or 100 auric cells, that, dispite being disappointed how this event turned out, I would be willing to pay but....there is no discount on the Wraith....why not?

Who decided that billy should get a discount, and randomly some Deathslinger skin, and some (clown I think) got a discount but only 60% or so.... seriously what randomiser are they using over there at BHVR that makes these choices?


All this means for me is that I wont have my skin and BHVR wont have my money, aka nobody wins, why the F would I buy it now? I could have bought it all year for full price but I waited on this event..and now it does not even have a discount?!

WHY NOT JUST PUT ALL DAMN BLIGHT SKINS ON THE SAME 75% discount, what the F yo?!

Comments

  • "WHY NOT JUST PUT ALL DAMN BLIGHT SKINS ON THE SAME 75% discount"

    The Wraith-Skin is on 75% Discount. But a Discount applies to the whole Set. If you want to buy the complete Set, you pay 300 ACs, if you want to buy pieces, you pay 400 ACs each. Thats the same like always.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "WHY NOT JUST PUT ALL DAMN BLIGHT SKINS ON THE SAME 75% discount"

    The Wraith-Skin is on 75% Discount. But a Discount applies to the whole Set. If you want to buy the complete Set, you pay 300 ACs, if you want to buy pieces, you pay 400 ACs each. Thats the same like always.

    wait what, so because I have 2 parts it does not show a discount at all? why cant I pay the 300 then for the 1 part (not that I wll bit still weird), I can see a discount onthe billy skin just fine and I own the pants of that set, and then still there is no discount on all of them or the discount is less so which is complete random bs.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710873#Comment_1710873

    wait what, so because I have 2 parts it does not show a discount at all? why cant I pay the 300 then for the 1 part (not that I wll bit still weird), I can see a discount onthe billy skin just fine and I own the pants of that set, and then still there is no discount on all of them or the discount is less so which is complete random bs.

    Correct. The discount only applies to a set, not individual pieces. It’s only forgiving for two pieces:

    Like say you had bought just the Wraith weapon, you’d have the 75% discount for the head and body as a set. But all you have left is the body.

    Also it’s not BS. You just didn’t know.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710873#Comment_1710873

    wait what, so because I have 2 parts it does not show a discount at all? why cant I pay the 300 then for the 1 part (not that I wll bit still weird), I can see a discount onthe billy skin just fine and I own the pants of that set, and then still there is no discount on all of them or the discount is less so which is complete random bs.

    It's because discounts are only applied to a whole outfit. Not its pieces. This is how it has always been.

    They do this so that you get a better deal buying the outfit as a whole then buying its pieces. In the end it saves you money while also giving them more then they would normally if someone was to buy only one or two pieces.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710922#Comment_1710922

    Correct. The discount only applies to a set, not individual pieces. It’s only forgiving for two pieces:

    Like say you had bought just the Wraith weapon, you’d have the 75% discount for the head and body as a set. But all you have left is the body.

    Also it’s not BS. You just didn’t know.

    no, its till bs that first of all the discount is not for individual pieces and second of all that I cant pay the set price for 1 part because right now that would be cheaper.


    @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710922#Comment_1710922

    It's because discounts are only applied to a whole outfit. Not its pieces. This is how it has always been.

    They do this so that you get a better deal buying the outfit as a whole then buying its pieces. In the end it saves you money while also giving them more then they would normally if someone was to buy only one or two pieces.

    put the same discount on the individual pieces... 75% discount on 400 auric cells is 100 auric cells so that sitll would add up to the smae 300 auric cells the set costs without being tied to buying cosmetics you dont want.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710932#Comment_1710932

    no, its till bs that first of all the discount is not for individual pieces and second of all that I cant pay the set price for 1 part because right now that would be cheaper.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710934#Comment_1710934

    put the same discount on the individual pieces... 75% discount on 400 auric cells is 100 auric cells so that sitll would add up to the smae 300 auric cells the set costs without being tied to buying cosmetics you dont want.

    But that doesn't make them as much money, if someone only wanted one piece from an outfit, they could pay the discounted price of 200 (as an example) instead of the full discounted price of 700.

    They don't put the pieces on sale as it is simply wouldn't make as much revenue. It's a money thing, plain and simple.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710932#Comment_1710932

    no, its till bs that first of all the discount is not for individual pieces and second of all that I cant pay the set price for 1 part because right now that would be cheaper.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710934#Comment_1710934

    put the same discount on the individual pieces... 75% discount on 400 auric cells is 100 auric cells so that sitll would add up to the smae 300 auric cells the set costs without being tied to buying cosmetics you dont want.

    Just to clarify, you own two of the pieces of the set, and want to buy the third piece. The third piece costs 400 Auric Cells. The entire set is on discount, and costs 300 Auric Cells. Because you already own two pieces of the set, the store doesn't let you buy the entire set for 300 Auric Cells, but rather you have to buy the one piece you are missing for 400 Auric Cells?

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710940#Comment_1710940

    But that doesn't make them as much money, if someone only wanted one piece from an outfit, they could pay the discounted price of 200 (as an example) instead of the full discounted price of 700.

    They don't put the pieces on sale as it is simply wouldn't make as much revenue. It's a money thing, plain and simple.

    yes.... so why did you say " They do this so that you get a better deal buying the outfit as a whole then buying its pieces"

    Its not about providing you a better deal, infact, its straight up a worse deal, its forcing you to still pay more then you want, aka, complete bs.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710940#Comment_1710940

    Just to clarify, you own two of the pieces of the set, and want to buy the third piece. The third piece costs 400 Auric Cells. The entire set is on discount, and costs 300 Auric Cells. Because you already own two pieces of the set, the store doesn't let you buy the entire set for 300 Auric Cells, but rather you have to buy the one piece you are missing for 400 Auric Cells?

    Seemingly yeah, quality stuff that isnt it? as if it was not painful enough the way this "event" has turned out,

    now im being punished for even participating at all in those 2 previous blight events as right now I could get all 3 pieces for less money then the cost of the 1 part I dont have....

    Great move bhvr, really thinking this stuff through.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710940#Comment_1710940

    Just to clarify, you own two of the pieces of the set, and want to buy the third piece. The third piece costs 400 Auric Cells. The entire set is on discount, and costs 300 Auric Cells. Because you already own two pieces of the set, the store doesn't let you buy the entire set for 300 Auric Cells, but rather you have to buy the one piece you are missing for 400 Auric Cells?

    Yep, think about how insane that is, the insult to injury that is this event.

    I played the last 2 events, I got 2 parts from it, and now because I have 2 parts I cannot benefit from the discount and have to pay the full 400 auric cells to get the last part.

    Meanwhile people who never spend time on the previous event can buy the entire set for 300 auric cells, these players are better off then me timewise and financially.

    Wrap your head around that one, quality move BHVR, pretty good job so far.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710952#Comment_1710952

    Yep, think about how insane that is, the insult to injury that is this event.

    I played the last 2 events, I got 2 parts from it, and now because I have 2 parts I cannot benefit from the discount and have to pay the full 400 auric cells to get the last part.

    Meanwhile people who never spend time on the previous event can buy the entire set for 300 auric cells, these players are better off then me timewise and financially.

    Wrap your head around that one, quality move BHVR, pretty good job so far.

    I have the Hillbilly pants and I could buy the entire set for 200 Auric Cells - at least the message asking me to confirm the purchase appears. Does the set not appear for you in the store or do you get some kind of error message when you try to buy the entire set for 300 Auric Cells?

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710974#Comment_1710974

    I have the Hillbilly pants and I could buy the entire set for 200 Auric Cells - at least the message asking me to confirm the purchase appears. Does the set not appear for you in the store or do you get some kind of error message when you try to buy the entire set for 300 Auric Cells?

    I bought my skins from the main page and not specific character. And I received discount. I wonder if that's the secret?

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710974#Comment_1710974

    I have the Hillbilly pants and I could buy the entire set for 200 Auric Cells - at least the message asking me to confirm the purchase appears. Does the set not appear for you in the store or do you get some kind of error message when you try to buy the entire set for 300 Auric Cells?

    see im at work now so i cant check, but yeah I could swear that hillbilly is also available to me for 200 auric cells.

    But wraith, does not show me anything that makes me thing it is on a discount.

    the difference being that I have 2 pieces for wraith and 1 for Billy.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710932#Comment_1710932

    no, its till bs that first of all the discount is not for individual pieces and second of all that I cant pay the set price for 1 part because right now that would be cheaper.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1710934#Comment_1710934

    put the same discount on the individual pieces... 75% discount on 400 auric cells is 100 auric cells so that sitll would add up to the smae 300 auric cells the set costs without being tied to buying cosmetics you dont want.

    Gotcha. Good luck on your campaign.