Killers purposefully deranking for the Halloween"event"?
I played with some friends last night, and we encountered seven(!) straight games with levels 16 and 17 killers that were equipped with four slots of maxed out perks, many from multiple killers.
With the devs themselves even admitting that ranks don't matter, what pray tell is taking so long to turn the MMR back on? I'm just glad we weren't playing with someone new, as they would have had a miserable time last night.
Comments
At first that's what we thought, but the more it happened last night the more we thought that this was more than just a coincidence.
I don't know. I won't rule it out, but I've never encountered so many low-ranking killers with high maxed out perks before.
I'm doing this. I was never high rank but I play survivor most of the time with my spouse and decided it would be fun to do some killer while she was tired from a hectic work day and wanted to rest.
I have a couple killers with perks from others (in particular BBQ so I can harvest blood points to spend back on survivors), and I was deranked to 20. Honestly, it was fun because I had more control of the match with lower rank survivors (so it seemed).
I even tried to give one person the hatch and they had no idea what it was...
So yeah, probably not intentional.
A lot of killers have simply gotten worn out due to many different reasons and likely got deranked due to rank reset. I personally (after 2.5 years of killer main) have basically stopped playing it aside from dailies and rifts.
Well I am killer rank 17 or something because I only play every few weeks for a few rounds.
But since I played more a few years ago, I have most of the killers on level 50 with multiple good/meta perks on tier 3 on each.
I can see why players would get worn out on playing killer. Playing survivor can be a relaxing, stress-free experience, whereas playing killer can be a sweat fest, especially with DBD's abysmal matchmaking.
Maybe that's all it was. Like I said I didn't want to rule it out, but it was definitely an odd thing to see.
There are killers who don't play the game that often and so derank very far so it is possible to have a fully perked killer even in rank 20.
But 4 perks don't really mean much - it only means that this player was recently leveling up that killer.
Also MMR won't help you much. If that killer is a fully perked rank 20-15 he prpobably didn't play much recently and after MMR is on he'll still be at the bottom.
Matchmaking does make the killer experience incredibly trying, so it could have been a mix of deranking and rank reset. Either way, the devs really need to get the MMR back on.
Assuming the MMR is still designed to work in the way that the devs say it is, then it's supposed to gauge how successful and how often you play each killer. Since ranks don't play a part in the MMR, it would make sense to see a successful "rank 20" go up against a higher rank should that player be very good with certain killers.
The thing is - if he's successful but that low on rank, he either doesn't play the game for a lengthy amount of time or frequently throws the matches on purpose. Both will get him pretty low on MMR. And if he continue to do that - he'll probably stay low.
Another bad thing about MMR is that if he's a good Trapper and is high on MMR but doesn't play Wraith and is low on him he can just play Wraith to bully some noobs. An when he start getting strong competition on Wraith he can switch to Billy, Bubba, Myers or any other M1.
What I mean is that if a killer wants to bully new survivors, MMR won't hinder that ability but likely will give him even more options. So I wouldn't have high hopes for that.
There will always be a loophole that players will be able to exploit, but if there's one thing dead by daylight desperately needs, it's quality matchmaking. I've accepted that nothing will be perfectly balanced in this game, but we all deserve something better than what we currently have right now.
Killer isn't that fun to a lot of people so they don't play any Killer. That means they'll derank to 20-16 in a few months, depending on how high in the ranks they were.