A Message to the devs.
Why make an event that only lasts two weeks and force people to spend 3000 PB for an offering that only gets them 1000 extra? Sure if more people play the offering there are more special gens and hooks. As it's been clear in the past with special limited time offerings; Both Killers and Survivors don't care if you play them or not.
Killers still end a game as fast as they can for whatever reason. and survivors don't play any differently. Some do like myself since it is a special event but it really isn't that common. When you try to communicate with the community about these things you will always get one or two people that will not like what you have to say and be very vocal about it.
I like the tome challenges but even then locking things to a paid rift track isn't positive either. There are no unlockable Halloween themed skins at all. everything costs your premium currency of Auric cells.
At this point you might as well set a price in real money for outfits that people want and not a random number of cells that you can only buy in pre determined numbers. I understand that games need to make money to stay afloat too. If I like a skin I will buy it, but why do I need to buy a fake currency to do it?
Like every other premium currency the amounts you can buy and the amount things cost are perfectly offset so you either have more then you need or not enough.
Don't get me wrong I do really like the game and I've gotten back into it after quite a long absence. You have a mobile version of DBD now put the Freemium gameplay in there.
Again just an opinion. It's your game not mine But I did pay to play it it wasn't free to play but it functions like a free to play game now. not every game needs to.
Comments
When you burn event offering you will get extra bloodpoints for every event gen repaired by any other survivor. I got 42k bp when we repaired 4 event gens and escaped.
And about halloween skins for auric cells. Didn't we all get 1000 auric cells for free when get into ingame store recently? Or is it only me?
True, but you have to actually repair then gen to get the points. if no one on the team even does it and you're the only one who played the offering you get no bonus. I've had a lot of games where no one even plays them. and when I do play it feels like I'm the only one who actively hunts them down.
that's why most of my focus was on the things that aren't going away anytime soon. or ever.
I never received any and so did some people. I believe that is a bug that a lot of people had.
I didn't get any either.
While it is true that you can get quite a decent amount of BPs, tie potential is not really that high. You can get 18k Bonus BPs at max if every player burns an Offering and you are alive when the Gens are done or as Killer you get 6 Event Hooks. So a win of 15k.
But if the "Event" is only BPs, they could also do a Double BP or 1,5x BP-Event, where players can use their own Offerings. Like, if it would be a BP-Multiplier Event, my SWF-Friend and myself would burn a BPS every game (we have like Hundreds of them, since we save them for those events) and everyone in our games would get way more Bloodpoints.
This isnt really an event, it is advertisement for the Halloween-Skins.
"I got 10k more BP than playing as optimally as possible! Nevermind I had to spend 3k to make the other 7k happen, in hopes that my entire team or SWF also brought the offering, because otherwise, it would be a net loss!" Proud of you, bub.
A bad one, at that. Despite not playing Overwatch or Apex for the last six months, I've been playing both of them because they have actual incentive to play and I don't want to lose the chance at getting skins, whereas the Halloween event in my Halloween game is sorely lacking on both the "Halloween" and "event" categories. There's no incentive to play and everything they offer can be gained with real dollars at any time, so if they strike my fancy, I can buy them whenever.
There's a reason player retention is such an important metric for most video game companies that are doing well. Dunno what's up with your marketing team, BHVR, but they're really, really, really bad. Selling out the soul of your game and goodwill of your playerbase never ends well. ESPECIALLY during the Halloween season for your Halloween game that's basically lacking a Halloween event.
Survivors never get 32k, unless killer is farming and you got lucky to get gens, chases and altruism to maximum. Optimal survivor game never involve all emblems because roles separated between all survivors. Let's count it's 25k for playing optimal. So I got 17k extra bp minus 3k for an offering and it's still 2 times more than 7k. And almost 5 times more than I paid for an offering.
I was playing solo and there was only 3 offerings including mine. While event is active you will often get event offerings even in solo queues.
Usually offerings for 3k bp can't give you more than 4k back if you maxed its category. Why would you bitching about event offering that gives you an opportunity to get much more than 4k bp?
I agree devs got lazy with this event compared to previous halloweens. But it's still a decent bp boost anyway.