Is it expected to have the game optimized after the big strike on low-end players?

The graphic update killed the experience of many players with low FPS, stuttering etc...

Just wanted to ask if the DBD devs are working to fix it? and if so, when will be back to normal?

I expect to come back to DBD by March 2021

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Get a better GPU or lower your screen resolution until you can run DBD smoothly. A decent gpu isnt that expensive anymore, there is a great used market and soon many cool new gpu's will come out, reducing the price of the GPU's on the used market even further.

    Youre not screwed unless you have a console, which is NOT upgradeable.

    Computers get better and faster over time and Im happy to upgrade my gpu soon and lower my resolution until then. The devs should support the best experience for everyone. Ontop of that this game is 18+, which indicates that the audience has jobs and can upgrade their PC's easily, unlike games for children like minecraft etc. So Im happy they take care of their target audience and give the game a fresh coat of paint.

    Mayby BHVR should learn what optimization means? Because even people with better PC have problems after updates. But there are no problems with games that are more demanding than dbd.

    People on PS4 also have problems, what should they do? Buy PS5? LOL

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1693606#Comment_1693606

    Thats true. I am truely missing some graphics options here. I cant choose if i wanna use AA, which resolution I wanna run, what gamma settings I wanna use, wether Vsync is on or off or which framerate I desire. Ontop of that they should stop having high mid and low settings and split stuffs like shadows and textures, as one can easily be run, whereas shadows are alot more demanding

    This game overheats my pc more than every other (even heavy) game does. I don't know why they cannot optimize it well. For so many years. And now they add graphical updates to their non-optimized game. The latest nvidia driver is also making the situation worse.

    This game is way hotter in just the menu than in the game itself, it is unbelievable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Get a better GPU or lower your screen resolution until you can run DBD smoothly. A decent gpu isnt that expensive anymore, there is a great used market and soon many cool new gpu's will come out, reducing the price of the GPU's on the used market even further.

    Youre not screwed unless you have a console, which is NOT upgradeable.

    Computers get better and faster over time and Im happy to upgrade my gpu soon and lower my resolution until then. The devs should support the best experience for everyone. Ontop of that this game is 18+, which indicates that the audience has jobs and can upgrade their PC's easily, unlike games for children like minecraft etc. So Im happy they take care of their target audience and give the game a fresh coat of paint.

    I got a Laptop, lenovo y500 with i7 3rd gen and dedicated 2GB Nvidia GT 650M so I cannot upgrade the graphic card

    and @madamretto same here, my biggest fear is the CPU melts and break the laptop reaching around 90C!

    Can any mods/devs can update us plz?

  • The console versions were never anything more than another channel of revenue.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1693624#Comment_1693624

    Thats a more complicated setup

    Your CPU wont melt btw. CPUs are smart and when they reach 100-110 degrees celsius they automatically turn off. Maybe clean the dust off of the radiator and change your thermal paste?

    I also have a thin laptop with an i7 that overheats in chrome. My best advice is to get a stationary PC instead. I cant stress how much better your gaming experience in general will be

    I can't let noob repair crew to open my laptop to break it completely, I dont trust them, I am waiting for Nvidia RTX 3060 to be released and later on laptop in around Feb 2021 with 11th gen i7, but until then I need my laptop for work so cannot play DBD

    It is true at 100C will auto-shutdown but I do not wanna reach that extreme scenario that may partially break it faster

    the solution should be hiring extra devs with expertise on optimization, not only for PCs but for consoles

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1693645#Comment_1693645

    Its true they should optimize the game more but if your laptop is overheating its a hardware issue, which the devs cant solve. Sadly many laptop companies dont do their cooling right. I am also waiting for the 3060 for desktop. My 780ti is going strong still tho on lower resolution.

    nope, it is overheating due to the latest yet-unoptimized graphics update, devs should handle better the Unreal engine to be less exigent for our hardware so it wont overheat as it worked fine before

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Get a better GPU or lower your screen resolution until you can run DBD smoothly. A decent gpu isnt that expensive anymore, there is a great used market and soon many cool new gpu's will come out, reducing the price of the GPU's on the used market even further.

    Youre not screwed unless you have a console, which is NOT upgradeable.

    Computers get better and faster over time and Im happy to upgrade my gpu soon and lower my resolution until then. The devs should support the best experience for everyone. Ontop of that this game is 18+, which indicates that the audience has jobs and can upgrade their PC's easily, unlike games for children like minecraft etc. So Im happy they take care of their target audience and give the game a fresh coat of paint.

    Or they can just optimize the game.

    DOOM Eternal runs like butter and is 1000x times more intensive than DbD. There's no excuse

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1693606#Comment_1693606

    Thats true. I am truely missing some graphics options here. I cant choose if i wanna use AA, which resolution I wanna run, what gamma settings I wanna use, wether Vsync is on or off or which framerate I desire. Ontop of that they should stop having high mid and low settings and split stuffs like shadows and textures, as one can easily be run, whereas shadows are alot more demanding

    While it sucks right now, you need to go edit the INI file in the %appdata% folder, lower post processing to 1, free 30-40 no visual difference

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Get a better GPU or lower your screen resolution until you can run DBD smoothly. A decent gpu isnt that expensive anymore, there is a great used market and soon many cool new gpu's will come out, reducing the price of the GPU's on the used market even further.

    Youre not screwed unless you have a console, which is NOT upgradeable.

    Computers get better and faster over time and Im happy to upgrade my gpu soon and lower my resolution until then. The devs should support the best experience for everyone. Ontop of that this game is 18+, which indicates that the audience has jobs and can upgrade their PC's easily, unlike games for children like minecraft etc. So Im happy they take care of their target audience and give the game a fresh coat of paint.

    image.png


  • minimum specs that will at some point overtake currently existing technology is a small price to pay for increasing the graphic quality from early to mid ps3 era

  • this discussion is very nice but I dont see any mods or devs participating, just eventually I can predict this thread will be forgotten or closed

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    sorry man that laptop is from 2012

    you either need to buy a $1400-2000 laptop with the newest hardware or build your own pc with select parts

    pcpartpicker.com

    Smol brain time? You can just build a more powerful desktop cheaper than a stupid pre-made laptop.

    Even then, most people are feeling the lack of optimization because ‘bad optimization’ isn’t the equivalent of ‘bad computer’; I have a high-end Ryzen and RTX 2060, yet I’ve always had to play this game on medium to get my desired framerate.

  • I play on Xbox.

    DbD is the only game that makes my console sound like a washing machine. Worse than Hyperscape, SUPERHOT (which is surprisingly demanding), Overwatch (which can be really demanding if there's a lot going on.) Point is, it's the only game that has the potential to overheat my console.

    And people wonder why I haven't played seriously in months.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694253#Comment_1694253

    what are you saying????? i said either laptop or custom build. read. some people like laptops because they are mobile and light. "smol brain time" americans

    i didnt type anything about the optimization i mean that laptop is not capable

    @[Deleted User] said:

    sorry man that laptop is from 2012

    you either need to buy a $1400-2000 laptop with the newest hardware or build your own pc with select parts

    pcpartpicker.com

    ??? You just said to both upgrade your system, implying the culprit is the computer and not the game, and said to buy an overpriced laptop when you can just build a more powerful desktop for a much cheaper price.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694312#Comment_1694312

    that's exactly what i said: a laptop with a 2 gb gt 650m with an outdated cpu that overheats at 2.4 ghz is not capable of running this game (not anymore)

    then i offered 2 options: buy a laptop of $1400-2000 or build own pc from pcpartpicker.com

    when people say build own pc they generally mean build your custom desktop

    Fair enough, but I’ll drink the cum chalice if a game like this couldn’t run on an i7 laptop with a GPU on low settings if it was optimized, especially when I could play this game on an i5 with dedicated graphics.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694345#Comment_1694345

    Fair enough, but I’ll drink the cum chalice if a game like this couldn’t run on an i7 laptop with a GPU on low settings if it was optimized, especially when I could play this game on an i5 with dedicated graphics.

    I know right. I rememeber being able to play this game on a laptop Radeon 520 on low settings in 720p back in 2018 and most of 2019.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694357#Comment_1694357

    you're not wrong there. devs suck at everything technical about this game. it seems like every new update is another bug addition and some technical problem that wont be fixed till next year or never.

    It is hilarious the total silence by mods (e.g., MandyTalk the ban hammer or Rizzo) and devs after the latest messy update

    image.png